• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thameslink class 377 future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

petersi

Just read a rumour that 377 will not be on the gn routes until December at the earliest (some local paper Kings Lynn)

Class377/5

Established Member
Just read a rumour that 377 will not be on the gn routes until December at the earliest (some local paper Kings Lynn)

I'd bet that they are confused with squadron service for Electrostar's on GN. Was always planned for full introduction in December 2016 timetable change with units coming in during the May 2016 timetable change.

Class 466

Established Member
Can't remember the exact number but I think it's 19 377/5s to great northern, with the remainder and the 377/2s to return to Southern to strengthen the Milton Keynes services to 8 car all day. The377/7s will then be used on metro services to replace some 455 workings

The 377s to southeastern idea hasn't really been confirmed.. Rumours Southeastern are getting a load of 319s when avaliable.. Not sure whether this will be instead of southerns 377s or aswell as.

Southeastern won't be getting any 319s, but are due something else.

Class377/5

Established Member
Not quite sure why physics34 put 377 to Southeastern hasn't been confirmed when it's been confirmed by DfT/GTR. They are getting 377s pretty much as planned/announced.

physics34

Established Member
Not quite sure why physics34 put 377 to Southeastern hasn't been confirmed when it's been confirmed by DfT/GTR. They are getting 377s pretty much as planned/announced.

Only because it hasnt really been mentioned since the idea was first mooted several years ago, and that there was no mention of it in that rolling stock leasing document from last year(the one that confirmed that 6 x 442s would be staying at southern).

Where are the 365s that are now not going to GWR going to end up?

Class377/5

Established Member
Only because it hasnt really been mentioned since the idea was first mooted several years ago, and that there was no mention of it in that rolling stock leasing document from last year(the one that confirmed that 6 x 442s would be staying at southern).

Where are the 365s that are now not going to GWR going to end up?

I'd have thought being part of the ITT was official enough. A lot of the unit stuff was redacted in the public versions. Not that that matters much as the contract between DfT and GTR means anything can be changed.

As for no 365s to GWR, I've never said that.

hwl

Established Member
OK I'm really intrigued now.

Surely they're not going to put shoe gear back on the 365s?

(Despite currently being sat on a 442 I'm going to resist the temptation to say anything about them)

As 442 aren't cleared on SE routes and would be some actual infrastructure work to clear them I think SE users are safe;)

Just think of the dwell times at LBG!:lol::lol::lol:

Well there could be 377/5s or 387/1s spare now or the presumed 25x 377/1s could be available earlier.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
OK I'm really intrigued now.
How about an early arrival of the 25 x 377/x they are due to get in December 2017 (according to the TSGN franchise agreement and usually assumed to be 377/1), with the latter replaced temporarily on Southern by so many dual voltage 377 or 387 from Thameslink?
Surely they're not going to put shoe gear back on the 365s?
Surely it wouldn't be much of a technical challenge, if they wished to do that?

Last edited:

urpert

Essendine or between Étaples and Rang-du-Fliers
How about an early arrival of the 25 x 377/x they are due to get in December 2017 (according to the TSGN franchise agreement and usually assumed to be 377/1), with the latter replaced temporarily on Southern by so many dual voltage 377 or 387 from Thameslink?

Surely it wouldn't be much of a technical challenge, if they wished to do that?

I've no idea, though I'm sure someone on here will know. It would certainly please the micro fleet-phobics to put all the Networkers in the same place.

Personally I'm just pleased that we don't seem to be getting 319s on Victoria-Orpington. IMO they're quite a step backward in comfort from 465s.

387star

On Moderation
I hope southern keep hold of 377101-119 best in the fleet for comfort..

physics34

Established Member
Ahh yes to think these were replaced by 313s :(

Although I think the full size tables have been replaced now with small side tables

i wonder where they got them from and where the old ones went. They didnt look brand new when they were installed to be honest!

Status
Not open for further replies.