• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The GTR talent pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordo

I've probably missed it somewhere on this thread, but has anyone got a rough idea of how many are left waiting for Bedford?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RedZed

I've probably missed it somewhere on this thread, but has anyone got a rough idea of how many are left waiting for Bedford?

I am (and I know of two others who don't post here)...which is why I think you will never get a definitive answer.

traintraining

Bedford...

Tenthghost
Wilko5816
Bucko
Dr1323
Train training
Blur fan
Choochoo216
vavavoom
bILLOO
El-Alamein
Gordo
Wallicio
jonthetaxi
Wds 2015
Jobbyp89
RedZed
RobcUK

Apologies for anyone not listed.... But i would guess theres abt 5 forumites have been omitted which means theres about 20 on this forum alone waiting for Bedford

Thats about 3 entire bedford courses worth.... Couple of courses and this list should be more than halved hopefully

Last edited:

Robcuk

Bedford...

Tenthghost
Wilko5816
Bucko
Dr1323
Train training
Blur fan
Choochoo216
vavavoom
bILLOO
El-Alamein
Gordo
Wallicio
jonthetaxi
Wds 2015
Jobbyp89
RedZed

Apologies for anyone not listed.... But i would guess theres abt 5 forumites have been omitted which means theres about 20 on this forum alone waiting for Bedford

Thats about 3 entire bedford courses worth.... Couple of courses and this list should be more than halved hopefully

I'm waiting for Bedford. Passed DMI end of July. Trainers were being interviewed recently so if that's an indication the wait shouldn't be too much longer for some.

traintraining

I'm waiting for Bedford. Passed DMI end of July. Trainers were being interviewed recently so if that's an indication the wait shouldn't be too much longer for some.

Thats some positive news... Been some doom and gloom on here recently need to start thinking positively, especially when there recruiting trainers to assist with the training of new staff.

Tenthghost

Like i've said before just need to relax and just hold out for this last bit.

i'm a store manager for a tesco business and as you can imagine it stupidly stressful and long hours some weeks up to 70 with 100 mile round trip each day. And when i look each day at this forum and think to myself unless you've not got a job then surely the wait cant be that bad?

I know old school friends and ex work colleagues who have made the transition and its hard getting through the training, work patterns and new enviroment.

so i think people need to take a moment to enjoy what they have at the moment because when that start date does come its going to be hitting the ground running so maybe some peoples mindsets need to adjust to that because you could be posting on this forum in a years time saying that failed your course.

Gordo

Bedford...

Tenthghost
Wilko5816
Bucko
Dr1323
Train training
Blur fan
Choochoo216
vavavoom
bILLOO
El-Alamein
Gordo
Wallicio
jonthetaxi
Wds 2015
Jobbyp89
RedZed
RobcUK

Cheers for that.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Like i've said before just need to relax and just hold out for this last bit.

i'm a store manager for a tesco business and as you can imagine it stupidly stressful and long hours some weeks up to 70 with 100 mile round trip each day. And when i look each day at this forum and think to myself unless you've not got a job then surely the wait cant be that bad?

I know old school friends and ex work colleagues who have made the transition and its hard getting through the training, work patterns and new enviroment.

so i think people need to take a moment to enjoy what they have at the moment because when that start date does come its going to be hitting the ground running so maybe some peoples mindsets need to adjust to that because you could be posting on this forum in a years time saying that failed your course.

A friend of mine has already started at Bedford (November I think) and he's loving it. I saw him the other day and he couldn't stop smiling talking about it, I was a little bit jealous!
I do get a bit down about the wait and constantly wondering if it'll ever happen but he's assured me that those waiting in the pool will get a date. They're just a bit short on trainers.
So I have to take a deep breath and count myself lucky I still have a job and I can still pay the bills while I wait.

dr1323

Cheers for that.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

A friend of mine has already started at Bedford (November I think) and he's loving it. I saw him the other day and he couldn't stop smiling talking about it, I was a little bit jealous!
I do get a bit down about the wait and constantly wondering if it'll ever happen but he's assured me that those waiting in the pool will get a date. They're just a bit short on trainers.
So I have to take a deep breath and count myself lucky I still have a job and I can still pay the bills while I wait.

I know exactly how your feeling I have put my life on hold for too long now waiting. I hope to have some good news by June I have set a date in my head now and I am just going to wait for the call and not keep hoping everyday someone from hr will call.
I am carrying on my life as if I have not applied for the position and I am now due to move up a position within my company if I get the call great then I have not sat around being miserable waiting on a date going nowhere with my life/career. I have let so many opportunities pass me by now. When the time comes I will be ready to go.

ChampsRacing

You're not alone MickyB89 I gave trudy a ring yesterday I'm not on the course either no provisional date for another south Gn group course as of yet either.

Amex88

Yeah right.. I wish!! Nothing at all for me yet. And looks that way for others too!

Hickstatic

Oh to be in the GTR talent pool. It appears there was a large recruiting drive last year and I fear I may have missed the boat. Has anyone heard if GTR are likely to be recruiting again this year? Ideally I'd love to work from Bedford.

Economist

How come they're recruiting if they can't even place on courses the people they recruited during their previous window?

I'm awaiting a DMI at Three Bridges. I applied in the autumn, was shortlisted for assessments, informed them that I had passed the assessments, then heard nothing.

The recruitment team had changed and despite the old team offering me a DMI interview, this information wasn't passed over to the new team. By the time that I'd been able to establish who the new team were (and for them to get back to me), all the roles had been filled.

Treadstone

Isn't that link from the email sent to existing talent pool members in January asking them to re-register I don't think they'll want to put new people through assesments at least not this year as I heard there was around 60 or so in the pool for those depots recently, Bedford etc. That advert isn't on the careers website as such.

I think they advertised for trainees back in Jan for 'London depots' could this be why some are getting dates retracted as there's now a new influx of applicants who live closer, anyone been put through assesments recently for those depots who applied in Jan?

RedZed

Isn't that link from the email sent to existing talent pool members That advert isn't on the careers website as such.

Oops...Yes it is. And no it isn't. So well done to the original poster for posting a link to a non existent vacancy. I suspect you just raised the hopes of several hundred forum readers for nothing.

332 > 444

Well when i phoned up, they did say to re-apply as i received the same email that people who passed did. I had originally failed the DMI so i've no idea why they had sent me it and they told me to go ahead and apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.