• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Transport Game (UK)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

James Wake

We next board the 0611 Arriva The Shires route 280 to Aylesbury Bus Station, arriving at 0728 on Thursday morning.

DanTrain

We then board the 08:34 Arriva Beds & Bucks service 300 to Aylesbury, opp Railway Station, arriving at 08:59 Thursday morning.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Bit late I think. We've had too many moves.

Hmm. I still think that needs to be a new rule. Not returning to the same place unless absolutely completely impossible.

We exit Aldgate station to the bus stop along Mansell Street, where we board the 1111 Blue Triangle service 15 to Blackwall Station, arriving there at 1141 on Thursday morning.

Esker-pades

Established Member
Hmm. I still think that needs to be a new rule. Not returning to the same place unless absolutely completely impossible.
I agree entirely.

We exit Aldgate station to the bus stop along Mansell Street, where we board the 1111 Blue Triangle service 15 to Blackwall Station, arriving there at 1141 on Thursday morning.
We walk into the station and board the 11:53 Docklands Light Railway service to Woolwich Arsenal, arriving there at 12:08 on a Thursday.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member

I am sure that this particular matter has been raised in the past with the forum quizmaster team over the past few years after similar incidents, but until they elect to make the stated aspiration part of the official rules, then we will all have to abide with matters as they stand.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Did we have to go back to Oxford? There were loads of places from Gatwick we could have gone to.
Apologies for that one, I didn’t realise until I’d played the move that we’d gone back to where we came from. I don’t like to change a move once played unless it is ‘wrong’ which is why I left it.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
We then board the 1419 London General service 74 to Fulham (High Street/New Kings Road), arriving there at 1525 on Thursday afternoon.

A Challenge

Established Member
We then get the 15:52 London Underground Piccadilly line service 237 to Cockfosters, arriving at 16:43½ Thursday afternoon.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
We then board the 0653 Stagecoach Midlands service X7 to Northampton (The Drapery Bus Interchange), arriving there at 0812 on Friday morning.

DanTrain

We then wait for the 09:44 Virgin Trains service to Blackpool North (now complete with electrification!), arriving at 11:56 Friday morning.