• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacobs1

I was told at my assessment day 2 (1st May) that the manager interviews for Manchester would be 13th, 14th and 15th May - I've still not heard anything yet (I'm guessing quite a few are in the same boat?) so either the interview dates have been pushed back, it's a last minute thing or I've failed the MMI and I'll only find out at a later date...? Anyone else heard anything positive or negative?

I'm in the same boat, had my stage2 in Hull in mid-Apr before Easter. I was advised I'd hear back about a week later but still not had any news. Part of me thinks perhaps I've still got a chance as surely if I'd failed the MMI they'd of been in touch with a standard email. But then I'm not so sure, perhaps they've gone ahead with interviews and will just advise us in due course. Would love to just know either way.

Has anyone for Manchester heard back yet?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kenni

I'm in the same boat, had my stage2 in Hull in mid-Apr before Easter. I was advised I'd hear back about a week later but still not had any news. Part of me thinks perhaps I've still got a chance as surely if I'd failed the MMI they'd of been in touch with a standard email. But then I'm not so sure, perhaps they've gone ahead with interviews and will just advise us in due course. Would love to just know either way.

Has anyone for Manchester heard back yet?

I sat stage 2 on the 09/04 for Manchester and was informed on the 10/04 that I had been successful. Not heard anything yet with regards to DM interview.

Jacobs1

I sat stage 2 on the 09/04 for Manchester and was informed on the 10/04 that I had been successful. Not heard anything yet with regards to DM interview.

Ah ok. Thanks for advising & good luck for your interview. I'll keep my fingers crossed that there's still a chance...

SB48188

Well done on passing, perhaps there is a massive backlog they are working through. Hopefully we'll all get some news soon!

Lr driver

Does anyone who's sat and failed the testing stage (like me) have the correct number for the company that holds the results of each applicants test results? I've tried emailing First Group, first TPE and ringing the number on my application page, every time I've been told I'll be contacted with feedback, only to end up having to chase them again.

Thanks to anyone.

Everywhere

Ive heard there is a course starting on 21st July 2014 in The Hub so its getting a bit close to the wire!?

SB48188

Its all gone very quiet - I know of a friend of a friend who had a manager interview for the Manchester position last week and he was also offered today as an option but I've heard absolutely nothing from TPE as to whether I've passed the MMI never mind a manager interview.

Maybe they are selecting a few to interview and leaving the rest in a "talent pool", nevertheless, it would be nice to know either way as I'd like to book a holiday and don't want to risk clashing with a potential DM interview.

Might have to give HR a call later this week and find out what's going on

Kenni

Its all gone very quiet - I know of a friend of a friend who had a manager interview for the Manchester position last week and he was also offered today as an option but I've heard absolutely nothing from TPE as to whether I've passed the MMI never mind a manager interview.

Maybe they are selecting a few to interview and leaving the rest in a "talent pool", nevertheless, it would be nice to know either way as I'd like to book a holiday and don't want to risk clashing with a potential DM interview.

My 'friend' had an interview last Friday for the Picc position. My 'friend' was told that today would be the last day for interviews for Manchester. My 'friend' didn't have an option for different dates, was just offered a date with only three days notice. My 'friend' has their fingers very tightly crossed.

SB48188

My 'friend' had an interview last Friday for the Picc position. My 'friend' was told that today would be the last day for interviews for Manchester. My 'friend' didn't have an option for different dates, was just offered a date with only three days notice. My 'friend' has their fingers very tightly crossed.

Ha, good luck to your 'friend' Kenni, I hope he gets some good news soon! Any contact at all from TPE would be welcomed by me at this moment!

notaspotter

As far as I am aware, only four candidates are being selected for each depot that advertised a vacancy, as there is only one position in each depot, possibly 2 at Man Picc. There is no saying one of those four will be selected, you have to impress and give a good interview.

Jacobs1

Well that's me out. :(
Had an email today saying due to the high number of applicants they've had to further shortlist candidates based on initial online assessments, telephone interview and the commuting distance. It didn't quite clarify if I had passed the MMI stage though so I emailed back for further feedback - they advised I'd passed everything up to FTPE standard - but due to the further short listing I'd not been selected. Really gutted as would of loved the role, and the commute definitely wouldn't of been an issue for me. Next time I guess...

Good luck to whoever gets through to interviews and gets selected.

Jimbob1984

That's a shame for you dude- at least you have passed all the tests. I was of the impression nobody else was due to be interviewed for final interviews now.

Jacobs1

That's a shame for you dude- at least you have passed all the tests. I was of the impression nobody else was due to be interviewed for final interviews now.

No it sounds like they've concluded the interviews I guess and then sent out emails to those not successful after Stage2. Shame I didn't get chance to do an interview but at least it's on file that I passed the assessments.

Trainee123

I had my DM interview today. They said the last interview would finish at 3pm tomorrow. A total of 25 people have been interviewed for 10 places.

SB48188

Well that's me out. :(
Had an email today saying due to the high number of applicants they've had to further shortlist candidates based on initial online assessments, telephone interview and the commuting distance. It didn't quite clarify if I had passed the MMI stage though so I emailed back for further feedback - they advised I'd passed everything up to FTPE standard - but due to the further short listing I'd not been selected. Really gutted as would of loved the role, and the commute definitely wouldn't of been an issue for me. Next time I guess...

Good luck to whoever gets through to interviews and gets selected.

Same for me, just as I thought. Disappointed but then on the bright side I've passed everything which hopefully should give me a better chance next time. Good luck to those who got through to final interview

Kenni

I received my 'kick in the ball's' email this morning .Good luck to the 'one' who has been successful for Manchester. I have asked for feedback which they have said can take 2-3 weeks. Current mood = feeling pretty low after going through everything, but at the end of the day only one person was going to get it. I knew I had a slim chance. Never give up on your dreams people!

Last edited:

notaspotter

Trainee123 - was this for all the stations initially advertised or just the station you went for?

There is not 10 places available at 1 individual depot, that must be across all depots. Most depots only had 1 spot available, maybe 2 at Picc, 1 for link 3 and 1 for link 2, but they have just advertised for qualified drivers for some depots too, Picc included, so some link positions could be filled by those.

jameshammond

Well I haven't heard back from my interview so looks like I didn't get the job! Well done to those who passed!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Got my rejection email today saying my application was now on hold as there was a more suitable candidate. Just have to wait until another company start recruiting again!

Trainee123

I found out less than a week after the interview that I hadn't got the job. I was given feedback the next day that was very encouraging though. Bring on the next round of jobs.

Jimbob1984

Was it a total rejection or this being "on hold" as you mentioned - could that mean you'd still be in with a chance if someone failed the medical? What depot did you apply for?

jameshammond

It didn't say, just that the vacancy had been filled by someone who has scored higher on the assessments and interview.

I went for Sheffield, there were 5 candidates who made it to interview as far as I'm aware.

Jimbob1984

Ah that's a shame, at least the email said why you didn't get it. But u got the test passes so just keep trying!

Status
Not open for further replies.