• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPL-Related Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Breaking news: David leading by 22 points!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David

Established Member
:shock: That I am surprised at, as my predictions were, quite frankly, crap ....

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
David's lead is down to 16 points after Round 5. Pretty sub-standard performance from all bar one or two people.

Ivo

Established Member
I've fallen out of the top five in one league (specifically the Average League) :cry: That hasn't happened for ages! I want my place back!

...my title defence is looking more like a title surrender at the moment.

David

Established Member
I've fallen out of the top five in one league (specifically the Average League) :cry: That hasn't happened for ages! I want my place back!
I'll fight you for it! :lol:

8-)

Oh, it's as you were at the top of the table tonight, as both myself and atomicdanny correctly predictied a 2-2 draw .....

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Ivo's 47-point haul propelled him upwards, although David still leads by 13 points. :)

Ivo

Established Member

Thank you to the football Gods for paying attention to this statement and ensuring that this is not the case <D

Ivo's 47-point haul propelled him upwards

As it should be :p Returning to the Average summit after the failure in the last round doesn't hurt either!

David still leads by 13 points

Not as it should be <(

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Where's the Forum's annual anti-Valentine's Day thread Ivo? :P ;)

On a TPL-note, people should note we are already a game down this weekend, Burnley v Huddersfailed is off due to the latter's FA Cup Fourth Round replay victory over Leicester midweek.

Ivo

Established Member
Where's the Forum's annual anti-Valentine's Day thread Ivo? :P ;)

To quote a message I sent to Crossover over Facebook at about 1900 yesterday evening:

I thought I should probably point out that this [being very busy of late, explaining my relatively limited activity over the last few weeks] means that there won't be a VD thread tomorrow, or if someone else sets one up, I won't be taking part in it. I know it's something I've done for the last two years, but it's really not something I can commit to just now - lots of work to do and a meeting at 1630 tomorrow...

The meeting means that I must be on the 1540 bus and have no idea as to how long I will be away. And when I return, it's assignment time :|

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Forest Green v Dartford in the Conference is also off this Round, where does that leave us?

Edit - It should be noted Forest Green now play Gateshead in lieu of this postponement at the time their game v Dartford was due to be held.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
No change. The only requirement is that a minimum of 7 Championship games must take place.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
David's lead is 12 points as of the end of Round 8. atomicdanny meanwhile has surged to the top of the Average Points Table.

Ivo

Established Member
Pretty average here too. I think I'm on about 30 for Saturday's games, with only one that I remember as being prefect (look above).

David

Established Member
Grant Holt cost me 4 points as well today. Was looking good for a 1-1 draw until he decided he need to score very late on <(

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
There is usually someone who does quite well even in a bad round. I wonder who it will be this time. ;)

Ivo

Established Member
Am I the only one who is thinking the competition needs something to spice it up at the moment? As good as it may be, it does feel a little quiet at the moment. Whether that's due to bb21's absence or not I don't know, but either way something needs to be done.

Anyone agree? Or am I being an idiot?

David

Established Member
Another bonus round or 2? Such as yellow card total for the round?

I think the main reason people have been quiet recently though, is that there has been a fair few other topics to discuss recently, such as the 47 performing a damn fine impression of a barbeque, and the landslip not a million miles away from where I live, just to give 2 examples.

It's either that, or my domination of the league this season (the new Manchester United?) has bored everyone already .... :lol:

Ivo

Established Member
I guess you do need something to take your mind off football when Scunthorpe are playing dare with the drop :p

David

Established Member
I'm just looking on the bright side .... At least the team I support wasn't knocked out of the FA Cup by a team in a relegation battle! :P 8-)

Ivo

Established Member
I'm just looking on the bright side .... At least the team I support wasn't knocked out of the FA Cup by a team in a relegation battle! :P 8-)

Next time I'm keep my mouth shut - or in this case, my fingers away from the keyboard.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I'd like to think I will climb up the Total Points table this time around - but I've still had a pretty iffy set of results <( If I call tonight's match completely wrong I would have scored two from eight matches (as shown in the list)!

Here's hoping for Hull to win 1-0, even though my prediction is 3-1. That way I get 2 for the win and a perfect 11 for away goals :p An attendance in the region of 17,800 would be nice as well - hint hint people in or near Burnley ;)

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Not yet finished scoring Round 11, but looks like he is keeping it, for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.