• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Driver vacancies DBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

raoa4x

When did you apply? And do you mean just application stage or assessment stage?

raoa4x

I did my application the same time and it was only last month that I heard, I do believe they are still going through applications.

Andy999

Passed at doncaster today ,just waiting on hr now I guess ,pretty much same boat as you raoa4x

raoa4x

I applied for Leicester
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Passed at doncaster today ,just waiting on hr now I guess ,pretty much same boat as you raoa4x

Well done Andy, where have you applied for? Yes we are both in the same boat! Just really eager, but I guess we will have to wait until they are ready.

Andy999

Thanks guys - Leicester , I'm pretty sure there looking at filling spaces in the May start intake,DBS are looking for 127 new drivers this year for whole of uk, so things looking good :D

Daz9284

Thanks guys - Leicester , I'm pretty sure there looking at filling spaces in the May start intake,DBS are looking for 127 new drivers this year for whole of uk, so things looking good :D

I applied for around Doncaster and Thornaby. So far it looks like they started in the South and are working their way up North.

So hopefully I will hear something soon!

sanknic

I applied for Dollands Moor and have heard nothing. Although I've passed all tests with ET, I'm not a firefighter/soldier etc so it was always going to be a long shot for me.

Hughqq

Hi,
Thanks for the reply, maybe they just have not got round to Dollands Moor recruitment yet

LC_ON

I haven't posted here for a while but I just thought I'd add that I was in the talent pool for around six months then I got a call out of the blue with an offer before December.

I was honestly not expecting to hear from DBS again so don't give up hope even if it has been a while, you may still get a call.

The Snap

Established Member
Did my assessments last May. Had an interview at Peak Forest shortly after, then an interview at Crewe in December last year. I'm now in the talent pool for both depots. Waiting game now...

387star

On Moderation
I applied for Dollands Moor and have heard nothing. Although I've passed all tests with ET, I'm not a firefighter/soldier etc so it was always going to be a long shot for me.

Eh so what if your not a firefighter soldier that has little to do with recruitment

sanknic

In the original advertisement, DBS stated that they were particularly keen on recruiting people who were firefighters/soldiers/police, and a couple of other similar roles which I can't remember now. I'm not from those kinds of backgrounds but thought nothing ventured ;)

CK

I applied for Didcot. Passed assessment in September, had interview in October. Just missed out. Had E Mail in December saying I am in talent pool and they "want to offer me a position without further testing or interview". I added Eastleigh and Westbury to my choices. Last month I had another E Mail asking me to narrow choices down to 2. Westbury got binned.

ANDY999 said in an earlier post that DBS are looking for 127 jobs to fill this year across the country. Does anyone else have any other take on that bit of info?

I wait in hope...............................

The Snap

Established Member
I applied for Didcot. Passed assessment in September, had interview in October. Just missed out. Had E Mail in December saying I am in talent pool and they "want to offer me a position without further testing or interview". I added Eastleigh and Westbury to my choices. Last month I had another E Mail asking me to narrow choices down to 2. Westbury got binned.

ANDY999 said in an earlier post that DBS are looking for 127 jobs to fill this year across the country. Does anyone else have any other take on that bit of info?

I wait in hope...............................

CK, can you send me a PM? I can't seem to send you one! I'm in a similar boat.

Deltic Dan

Yes I also got an email to narrow down my choices but I rang DBS HR and the reason behind this is because they have to many in the 'talent pool' for each location so needed narrowing down and shortlisting

Not the news I was hoping for when I asked the question!!

CK

Well, Deltic Dan. There are 2 ways of looking at this situation.

Glass half empty : There are too many in talent pool and we have limited chances, or........

Glass half full : They are asking us to narrow down choices because they are planning recruitment in the near future.

We are in it to win it!

Status
Not open for further replies.