• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - London Midland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

treacletowner

I received an email on 5/10 saying I had passed application stage (Coventry and Leamington) and will be invited to attend interview in due course. Does any one know where the interviews will take place and how long it takes?

Thanks

sd0733

Established Member
Nobody's got any dates yet, just a case of waiting for further information really

YoungBuck

I received an email on 5/10 saying I had passed application stage (Coventry and Leamington) and will be invited to attend interview in due course. Does any one know where the interviews will take place and how long it takes?

Thanks

I had my interview in the offices at Bletchley station.. so I'm assuming you'll have yours at which ever station you've applied for. As for time.. it depends on your answers.. there was about 30 questions or maybe it felt like 30 haha I'm not really sure

treacletowner

Thanks for replies, I've got three days holiday left this year so I'm deliberating wether to use them or wait for interview that may not come this year. Pulling a sickie to attend isn't really an option for me.

atochopefull

Hi. I'm new to this forum. I applied for the Bletchley vacancies earlier this year - got shortlisted for interview, but was away on holiday for ALL the interview dates....gutted!
Anyway, I'm still keen to get on the trains. Does anyone know how much a qualified guard/ticket inspector can earn? Is there overtime etc?

RUUDBOY

Did anyone apply for the Worcester trainee job? and are there any other female applicants?

I applied for the Worcester Shrub Hill post. Got an email a couple weeks back saying my application was SUCCESSFUL!! Not been given a date for the assessment centre though...
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
This is how I make it so far, just from forum users:

Birmingham:

d_kingscott
Game146
Snakedoc

Worcester:

Goingloco
Vark0
RUUDBOY

Wolves:

DMTaylor90
Bluedays
sd0733
Villafan10 - not sure what depot

If there's anymore, update the list...:D:D:D

Added myself to worcester!!

LukeyJ-MK

Hi. I'm new to this forum. I applied for the Bletchley vacancies earlier this year - got shortlisted for interview, but was away on holiday for ALL the interview dates....gutted!
Anyway, I'm still keen to get on the trains. Does anyone know how much a qualified guard/ticket inspector can earn? Is there overtime etc?

If you go to LM your training rate is about £22000 pa this training rate is only for the first 3-4 months then you move to full rate which is currently £28000ish. But this only applies to guards south of Coventry. As I am aware guards fight and further north are on the training rate for 12 months then move to the full rate of pay. That is also just the basic pay not including Sunday's and any overtime you wish to do. These rates aren't the highest in the grade as other companies do pay more but the Ts and Cs are really good. the application was up on the website recently and salary is usually on the description.

the sniper

Established Member
It's just over £29k for LM Guards now. With OT £35k+ is (IMO) reasonably doable. Theoretically you could do £40k, but you'd be living at work...

LukeyJ-MK

It's just over £29k for LM Guards now. With OT £35k+ is (IMO) reasonably doable. Theoretically you could do £40k, but you'd be living at work...

It should be over £29k but still waiting on the pay rise. You can definitely earn over £40k a year and with the long weekend and annual leave you could still manage it and have more days off than you do in other jobs. Really good job and worth pursuing :)
For info, I have been told interviews will be 2016....................

That is the same I have heard and I was told that there are no course dates set for Coventry and they look likely to come up middle of 2016 which is abit frustrating again. But it does look like a waiting game for all applications I think

atochopefull

It should be over £29k but still waiting on the pay rise. You can definitely earn over £40k a year and with the long weekend and annual leave you could still manage it and have more days off than you do in other jobs. Really good job and worth pursuing :)

That is the same I have heard and I was told that there are no course dates set for Coventry and they look likely to come up middle of 2016 which is abit frustrating again. But it does look like a waiting game for all applications I think

Thanks for all your replies. Wish I'd asked the question before the closing date! Darn it:(

Goingloco

Does anybody know if LM allow applicants to relocate for trainee driver roles or do you have to live within 45 minutes of the depot that you apply for? I've been asked the question but I'm unsure how restrictive their criteria is.

Did anybody make it throughout the sift having said they would relocate?

Thanks.

Last edited:

YoungBuck

Does anybody know if LM allow applicants to relocate for trainee driver roles or do you have to live within 45 minutes of the depot that you apply for? I've been asked the question but I'm unsure how restrictive their criteria is.

Did anybody make it throughout the sift having said they would relocate?

Thanks.

Yes, they allow you to relocate. To give you an idea on how restrictive they are I've had to relocate about 120 miles, so not very restrictive.

Villafan10

So has anybody received a call from HR? I've had one and my interview is for just before Christmas. Nobody on here seems to have mentioned it and I can't help but think that I'm not the only one surely?

Snakedoc

So has anybody received a call from HR? I've had one and my interview is for just before Christmas. Nobody on here seems to have mentioned it and I can't help but think that I'm not the only one surely?

When did you get a call? I haven't had a call but I've had a few missed calls off a private number. No messages have been left or anything. U applied for Birmingham didn't u?

atochopefull

Which depot did you apply for?

Villafan10

I applied for Birmingham New Street. I had the call at about 4pm on Friday. It wasn't a withheld number though it was a local Birmingham number.

Villafan10

I'm a first time applicant for a train driver. I have never been through this process before. So yes, straight to interview and no assessment up to this point.

Romneym335

I'm a first time applicant for a train driver. I have never been through this process before. So yes, straight to interview and no assessment up to this point.

So you put an application in and gone straight to interview?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.