• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - London Midland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dave3775

Hi new to the forum. Have passed all stages for trainee driver at London midland. Was just wondering if anyone knows of any courses that are due to run this year?
Cheers
Dave

westbrom

I've got my medical soon so I assume you take them pretty close to when a course is about to start?

dave3775

No idea mate. When is your medical? I'm hoping that if you have yours it won't be long before I have mine. Have you been waiting long since you found out you passed the assessments?

cobbler

i have known people who have been fully passed to wait over a year for a course , i have heard that there are courses this year and may being the next , but things change daily sometimes
im booked in for my stage 2 the week after next , even so there is a finite number of places on a course and many successful applicants sitting in the pipeline , so it is what it is
i dont want to sound to depressive and to get this far is a feat in itself but train driving is the long game for sure

12guard4

i have known people who have been fully passed to wait over a year for a course , i have heard that there are courses this year and may being the next , but things change daily sometimes
im booked in for my stage 2 the week after next , even so there is a finite number of places on a course and many successful applicants sitting in the pipeline , so it is what it is
i dont want to sound to depressive and to get this far is a feat in itself but train driving is the long game for sure

There are May and September starts for courses this year as a definite although both are full.

MuttleyBOT

I applied April 2013, passed all tests by Feb 2014 then started Dec 2014 - it can be a long haul but stick at it - good luck to all those still in the mix :)

westbrom

Medical passed,all bar the drug screening which won't be a problem so hopefully get some news next week

Ryder

Hi All,

Has anyone progressed yet for the Coventry/Leamington depots? Or have they heard any more news on when their first interviews will be?

YoungBuck

Anyone know if there are courses for Bletchley running this year?

Or is anyone here on the waiting list for Bletchley?

cobbler

Anyone know if there are courses for Bletchley running this year?

Or is anyone here on the waiting list for Bletchley?

i have my medical next week , a summer course is highly likely :D

having said that im an internal , that may or may not make a difference

tphi12000

Trainee Driver's required for Bletchley on LM website closing date 25th March

Last edited:

YoungBuck

Medical passed,all bar the drug screening which won't be a problem so hopefully get some news next week

Have they gotten back to you yet?

Passed my medical last Wednesday. They didn't give me any indication on how long it would be before I heard something from LM.

Are there any other stages now or will the next email contain a course start date?

cobbler

if you have had your medical then you have completed everything you need to , from what i believe there is a course in may and sept , so you may hear something shortly if your in for the may course

YoungBuck

if you have had your medical then you have completed everything you need to , from what i believe there is a course in may and sept , so you may hear something shortly if your in for the may course

Well Ive been told my name is down for the next course so that must be may..

What about you?

cobbler

Well Ive been told my name is down for the next course so that must be may..

What about you?

yea pretty much the same but ive been on the job to long to get my hopes up:)

either way it needs to happen quite quickly if people who do start in may get the chance to give notice etc , i would think we will know within a week

YoungBuck

yea pretty much the same but ive been on the job to long to get my hopes up:)

either way it needs to happen quite quickly if people who do start in may get the chance to give notice etc , i would think we will know within a week

Too late my hopes are already up haha but yeh I need to give a months notice and find a place to live etc going to be a bit of a rush i think.

If they let you know by post can you let me know as I'm working away till the end of april.

cobbler

Too late my hopes are already up haha but yeh I need to give a months notice and find a place to live etc going to be a bit of a rush i think.

If they let you know by post can you let me know as I'm working away till the end of april.

yea sure will do , i think because the medicals fell over the bank holiday or mine did that may have delayed things , but the next thing will be the offer by post

westbrom

Email today........... Im on the May course!
Has taken 3 years in total but well worth the wait.
Can't wait to get stuck in to the new career

L.M_DannyC

Email today........... Im on the May course!
Has taken 3 years in total but well worth the wait.
Can't wait to get stuck in to the new career ��������

Congratulations! I started on a course back in October and I'm currently at the practical handling stage of things and so far it's been fantastic, feels like I've got the best job in the world right now. Like you, I had to wait 3 years from start to finish but it's worth the wait. Which depot are you going to be based at? Welcome to the grade! ??????

cobbler

it seems that the may course is for b/ham area depots only , bletchley wont happen for the foreseeable future as far as im aware

oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.