• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transpennine Express New Trainee Driver Vacancies

Status
Not open for further replies.

KT530

Got an email today saying due to large number of applications, it's taking longer than usual... ...we hope to update you within 5 weeks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Garry74

Just had an email, saying it will be another five weeks until they complete the short list. I was twitching a bit reading it, though it was a thanks, but no thanks.

sw1ller

Established Member
Got an email today saying due to large number of applications, it's taking longer than usual... ...we hope to update you within 5 weeks.

Got the same one - Not entirely sure what this means. Is it good or bad news!

sw1ller

Established Member
Just had an email, saying it will be another five weeks until they complete the short list. I was twitching a bit reading it, though it was a thanks, but no thanks.

Ha, I was doing the exact same thing. I was just waiting for the "unfortunately" to pop up.

Daniel84

Hmmm, nothing for me yet, where have you applied for?

Edit - just got the same email, the wait continues...

Lincoln_biker

I got that email today and I applied for the York position. Almost turned myself inside out when I read it thinking it was the old "thanks but no thanks" guff. Still says "Awaiting Shortlisting" on the FirstGroup careers home page so I can only conclude that it's a maybe...

5 tense weeks to go and we'll all find out one way or t'other. Good luck... LB

NI 271

I too, have had it. Now, I won't get taken on, because of my recent borderline pass at assessment, but after being rejected in the sift twice last year, I am quite happy as this hopefully means my application will get me through the sift in future as well, when the six months has passed, and I can retake the assessments.

sw1ller

Established Member
Well good luck to everyone then. Lets hope there's enough jobs for us all eh. ;)

Dazza

Hi guys, I received the '5 week' email today as well!
I was dreading opening it but its not a 'No thanks' ,not yet anyway.
It's Newcastle I've applied for.
Good luck everyone.
Daz

Last edited:

signal box

Hi Everyone,
I viewed this thread before opening my email account today!!! What a chicken!!!
I have applied for York, stating that I will relocate. I am not sure how much that will count against me.
Anyway good luck everyone!!!
Speak to you all again in five weeks, unless the waiting gets to me!!
I applied to Network Rail for a signalling job, they say that I am being considered for the 2nd lot of assessments. They've being considering it since 14/12/12!!!
Fare Well For Now!!

chrisdmadd

Does anyone know how they recruit at first? I'm wondering if they are waiting to see how many qualified drivers apply first? I'm sure quite a few northern drivers would do the swap.

Hopefully there will be a quota for qualifieds and trainees. (Probably 10-1)

KT530

They advertised seperately for Qualifieds at various depots, this was after the trainee advert, so these vacancies will be just for trainees i would have thought

sw1ller

Established Member
Does anyone have any idea how many vacancies there are for each depot? I've heard there's a lot but the numbers I've heard seem to be quite high. Anyone out there in the know?

TheVicLine

If it says trainee drivers then it will be trainee drivers only, qualified drivers are recruited seperately.

TPE HR said this week that the shortlist is now down to about 1100, I would think the majority of the 10 positions are for Manchester. I was told that there was a course due to start in June when I applied for the current trainee course, the curent trainees are due to complete their training centre training in June so that would still figure.

Good luck all who applied, the application process is long and slow but well worth it when you get that contract letter through the post.

E-Rail

That can't be an easy task. It sounds like there might not be much separating the last 1000 or so.

Any idea how many applied in total this time round?

KT530

So there are only 10 positions between all depots advertised for the trainee positions??

NI 271

So there are only 10 positions between all depots advertised for the trainee positions??

Probably. It was a similar number in the summer if I recall correctly, and there were something like 8000 applications. If you make it to the assessments, you've done remarkably well. One thing is for sure (well, in my opinion anyway), those who do eventually get the positions have thoroughly deserved them.

TDK

Established Member
Does anyone have any idea how many vacancies there are for each depot? I've heard there's a lot but the numbers I've heard seem to be quite high. Anyone out there in the know?

I was told there were 4 for Liverpool and 2 were filled with qualified drivers and the other 2 positions have also been filled but this info was before Christmas so maybe there are more available.

sw1ller

Established Member
There must be some very tired HR staff working at trans pennine. 8000 applications is ridiculous! oh well, I think I have go to the last 1000! lets see if I can do slightly better eh.

I was told there were 4 for Liverpool and 2 were filled with qualified drivers and the other 2 positions have also been filled but this info was before Christmas so maybe there are more available.

Liverpool wasn't one of the depot advertised. The jobs came up after Christmas.

sheenbreen

I applied for Newcastle
Received the 5 week wait-out email to me that flags up a high number of applications.
Good luck all you that applied.
Also applied for Tweedbank got first interview in march.

Silv1983

There must be some very tired HR staff working at trans pennine. 8000 applications is ridiculous! oh well, I think I have go to the last 1000! lets see if I can do slightly better eh.

They'll use their American Spellchecker to root out most the applicants. Doesn't detect appalling grammar or anything else useful mind!

ST

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on the forum, I have submitted an application for Trainee Train Driver position for York, got the possible 5 week wait email as others have, just wanted to take the opportunity to wish everyone who has applied all the best and hope I am able to contribute to the forum in the future as so many people have.

Regards,

Manu:D

ST

Thank you - does anyone have any idea of what sort of timescales TPE are working too, for those who make it through the 5 week wait?

In addition, can anyone shed any light on the recruitment processes TPE use?

Many thanks.

Sammy h

Can anyone provide me with an email address for the FTPE recruitment team?

Status
Not open for further replies.