• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transpennine Express New Trainee Driver Vacancies

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkinnyDave

Established Member
@Merrydown
Lots of respect for you!
Hope you get what you want from this process

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sidekick

I understand Silentchill your thoughts and I respect your views.

Anyhow back on topic for the remaining candidates left in the process.

So with about 35 remaining for 10 vacancies,when do we think the good or bad news will arrive?
I'm guessing around Wednesday at the earliest or Friday at the latest?

At the mature age of 58 I'm thinking that this will for myself we be the last chance.

Hey mate, I was told in my Driver Manager Interview it would likely be end of this week coming, start of the week after.

I'm not too hopeful after what I felt like at the end of the CBI, definitely not an easy recruitment process. The 10 who get through will definitely be the right guys!

Good luck.

Quickthorn

At the mature age of 58 I'm thinking that this will for myself we be the last chance.

Merrydown,

Best of luck getting in. I was worrying about being too old at 50, so it's encouraging that someone older has got this far.

Is there anyone on here who still hasn't heard anything either way?

graycam25

35 for 10 vacancies? was that how many was for the final interview guys?
all the best to everyone still in the running... it will be some achievement

BulldogBurt

Yes I believe it was around 35 although there were extra candidates there just for the DM interview as they had already passed the OPC tests. Also, we had the SI the same day so undoubtedly a few of us will fall at that hurdle meaning the number actually in the running will be slightly lower. I've got everything crossed having got this far and the refresh button on my email is taking a right hammering!

hi all i sat my tests on friday, sorry for late reply but have been working loads since, glad to say i passed my tests and had the SI which was intense but i had some good examples so i think i did well.

there was eight of us who sat the dtg tests and 3 others who just had to pass parts of the tests. out of the eight of us only four passed the dtg reaction test:shock:
it defintaly was not easy!

there had been 47 candidate left in for the 10 jobs so from what ive read i believe there must be 38 of left for the 10 positions with the chance of a sceond school running in oct.

best of luck to everyone.

TDK

Established Member
So quite possibly a 1/3 chance of getting through.

You will find that a proportion of these 10 have most likely already been filled with internals as the ratio is well below the norm of 10 drivers per position!

SilentChill

I doubt that TDK as the internals were having assessments with us and were part of the final group.

graycam25

either way... will be glad when were told... will be pleased to get it all done with and not hang in limbo for further invites etc :)

BulldogBurt

Just had the call and pending a successful medical I will start my new career as a trainee train driver on June 24th!!! So excited and feel really lucky to have got the offer at the first attempt (although I applied hastily for Northern and didn't get past the sift!)

I'd just like to say a massive thanks to all the contributors on this forum, I doubt the outcome would have been the same without all the excellent advice from the regulars on here.

chrisdmadd

Just had the call and pending a successful medical I will start my new career as a trainee train driver on June 24th!!! So excited and feel really lucky to have got the offer at the first attempt (although I applied hastily for Northern and didn't get past the sift!)

I'd just like to say a massive thanks to all the contributors on this forum, I doubt the outcome would have been the same without all the excellent advice from the regulars on here.

Congratulations!

Where did you apply for?

sidekick

Just had the same call! Such an awesome feeling! Just fingers crossed for the medical now!

Same from me to everyone, the advice as most definitely been helpful!

Quickthorn

Well done Burt and sidekick. You certainly deserve it after going through a recruitment process like that!

Just out of interest, what are your current jobs?

Flyboy

Guys - very well done to you both.

Sidekick - So your worry about messing up TRP by putting the correct answers in the wrong boxes was thankfully unfounded. Were you paired with me for the DTG?

Perhaps you can now lay to rest your 20 year dream of becoming a pilot, you've certainly chosen a better option.

Bulldog - From being surrounded by screaming kids to the peace and quiet of a train cab, you couldn't have a bigger contrast!

Last edited:

BulldogBurt

Chris - Manchester Piccadilly, I live in Warrington so was the only depot close enough.

QT - I am currently a teaching assistant in a primary school but with a background in printing.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Just had the same call! Such an awesome feeling! Just fingers crossed for the medical now!

I've had a few jobs but never had such a feeling of elation after a 'I'm pleased to tell you...' call!

What depot mate?

Eduardo

Get in old boy! Well done pal. Fantastic news. :D

SilentChill

Well done to you guys !!

I haven't heard anything so I cant of made the cut.

Enjoy your life on the Railway you will love it :)

pk580uk

Congratulations to you both, well deserved after a tough process.

I myself have not heard anything so I have probably not made it through.

Best of luck with everything.

sidekick

Quickthorn, you might hate this but I'm actually a student! Just finishing a Masters degree, but I have a very varied work history so that was exceptionally useful during all the interviews!

Flyboy, yeah I was exceptionally surprised by the TRP! I did my Reactions + Interviews on the Tuesday so I don't think I was on the same day as you there, but I thought I had failed those as well! I know what you mean about laying the dream to rest, definitely seems the better option in the current climate! I hope you'll keep at it, I'm sure next time you'll succeed!

Eduardo, thanks mate I really appreciate all the advice. It's been a good few days for us that's for sure! You'll have to let me know how your training is going!

BulldogBurt, you'll have a PM in a minute! I could have yelped during that call!!

CGS

Well done lads - I haven't heard anything but feared the worst after my structured interview - didn't think it went very well. Congratulations again!

NI 271

Lots of good news on here lately, it's very welcome I'm sure even to the rest of us still trying.

Congrats all.

Quickthorn

Quickthorn, you might hate this but I'm actually a student! Just finishing a Masters degree, but I have a very varied work history so that was exceptionally useful during all the interviews!

No, I don't hate that, as I've got a MSc. myself. I did worry whether that made me "overqualified" for a train driver's job, but it obviously doesn't.!

Well done, again.

Flyboy

sidekick - ah ok, I was there on Thursday so not who I thought you were. I will indeed be trying again and definitely won't be following the advice I was given about the DTG test! At least next time around it'll be just the DTG and interviews.

Bad luck B & E, some are ok with the CBI but it's tough.

My results for the cbi were two A two B and a C and therefore I failed it but seems a bit harsh I didn't think a C would be a fail!

Well done to those who got the job though really long and tough process ( and brutal)

chrisdmadd

Hi guys,

Again congratulations and commiserations to all of us in the final 40 that did/didn't get a job.

Is there anyone on here who still hasn't heard if their interview was successful?

Did anyone on here get a job in newcastle?

Status
Not open for further replies.