• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trial of of paper receipts for tickets issued on board the train

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WillPS

Established Member
I'm struggling to see the negative with this. Every wallet has a space for notes and receipts which this can be bunged in.

najaB

Veteran Member
I'm struggling to see the negative with this. Every wallet has a space for notes and receipts which this can be bunged in.
I'm not necessarily saying it's a downside, but credit-card size tickets fit nicely into credit-card size ticket wallets that fit nicely into top pockets. Meaning you don't have to fish your wallet out when there's a ticket inspection.

Parallel

Established Member
I made a return trip on the Treherbert line earlier in the week and was surprised to see guards printing tickets onto normal orange ticket stock, rather than receipt paper! Has the trial ended or is it only selected guards/at selected times?

BHXDMT

Had two of the orange thermal roll tickets presented to me today for the first time. Both issued at New Street so I assume Virgin have a new machine out and about...

Both were very crumpled because of the size and the way they were being stored in wallets. Neither passenger was impressed with how big they were when I asked!

If I hadn't seen the posts in this thread I'd have had no idea what they were, we've received no briefs on any other TOCs moving to the orange thermal roll tickets yet!

Last edited:

Flamingo

Established Member
Trainers are now being briefed on GWR on the new machines. As I'm not a trainer (they don't want me passing on my bad habits and poor attitude) I still have very little idea about them, but the feedback so far is positive from the people who have seen them.

PeterC

Established Member
I skipped about 10 pages in this thread so I don't know if it has been mentioned before but didn't the early Paytrains use bus type tickets?

Solent&Wessex

Established Member
I skipped about 10 pages in this thread so I don't know if it has been mentioned before but didn't the early Paytrains use bus type tickets?

Yes, mainly Almex or Setright bus ticket machines, the only available fares were for journeys wholly on the paytrain route, journeys off the route would need re-booking at an interchange station.

Status
Not open for further replies.