• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TRIVIA - Non-terminal stations where every passenger train stops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clansman

Established Member
Not quite, 0453 Inverness-Edinburgh via Aberdeen and the 0930 Edinburgh-Aberdeen don't stop. All the stations between Nairn and Aberdeen will qualify though.

I think every station between Kilmarnock and Gretna qualify, as do the stations South of Ayr towards Stranraer.

Fife Circle between Rosyth and Glenrothes.

Cheers for the correction, didn't know about they 2 services.

To return the favour; the XC service from Plymouth to Dundee runs non stop to Markinch via Dunfermline on weekdays (for whatever reason) :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
Selby? Can't think of any non-stop passenger trains.

Agreed, other contenders in North/East Yorkshire:

Beverley
Driffield
Bridlington
Bempton
Hunmanby
Filey

But not:
Brough - 1K04 does not call
Cottingham - 2W00 does not call
Seamer/Malton - summer EMT services do not call (although I suppose they qualify in the winter?!)

Veteran Member
Odd that you post that today, looks like there are loads of passes. :)

There are a couple of booked late-night unadvertised class 1 services Hayes to Lewisham (ISTR this has something to do with being able to carry passengers who are unable to leave the train at Hayes to somewhere where assistance is available) - there's also the 0449 Tonbridge to Charing Cross.

Ben.A.98

A few on the Far North Line have already been mentioned, I believe some more are;
Muir of Ord
Dingwall
Ardgay
Lairg
Rogart
Golspie
Brora
Helmsdale
Forsinard

West Line;
Garve
Achnasheen
Strathcarron

These are the RETB exchange points

smudga331

Diss is one that I cannot see any Passenger passes in the WTT.

And if we are referring to termini as an 'end of the line' station then Harwich International is another.

smudga331

To list a few more:

Southend Airport
Wickford
Rochford
Rayleigh
Hockley
Wivenhoe
Thorpe-le-Soken
Trimley

There a quite a few on the GA branches.

However, I feel almost certain that someone is about to inform me that I have completely got the wrong end of the stick with this question. :lol:

randyrippley

Established Member
Bare Lane
Bentham
both Yeovils
both Dorchesters
Grange over Sands
Ulverston
Arnside
Barrow in Furness (its not a terminus)
Dalton in Furness
And there must be several on the Cumbrian coast

SouthSub

All of the Borders line stations, with the exception of Stow?

Shawfair
Eskbank
Newtongrange
Gorebridge
Galashiels

sk688

Has anyone said Waterloo East ?

All stations on Watford DC , apart from Harrow , Bushey , Watford

Most LU stations ( apart from those also served by NR )

pemma

Veteran Member
It looks like ATW no longer run their overnight Chester to Manchester Airport service via the Mid-Cheshire line. Therefore every passenger service running between Mouldsworth and Navigation Road stops at all stations en-route.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
It looks like ATW no longer run their overnight Chester to Manchester Airport service via the Mid-Cheshire line. Therefore every passenger service running between Mouldsworth and Navigation Road stops at all stations en-route.

What date were you looking at? It's in here for a date in February, and indicates that it's still booked that way LTP for the currency of the timetable.

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/P70273/2017/02/15/advanced

Last edited:

pemma

Veteran Member

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
It used to show up if you selected AW services at KNF from 00:00-23:59 but no longer does but now you've said that I've found it still appears if you select NWI or ALT instead.

Probably as Knutsford isn't an official timing point (whereas Northwich and Altrincham are, as seen in the link). I believe RTT insert the rest of them in the days leading up to activation, which explains why sometimes other 'timing points' may show it.

louis97

Established Member
Probably as Knutsford isn't an official timing point (whereas Northwich and Altrincham are, as seen in the link). I believe RTT insert the rest of them in the days leading up to activation, which explains why sometimes other 'timing points' may show it.

You mean Mandatory Timing Point. :lol: It is an official timing point, but only for trains that stop. ;) But yes, you are correct the intermediate timing points, that the train is not timed at, appear on trains from around 3pm ish the day before.

Status
Not open for further replies.