• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philip

On Moderation
Just a question - is there any way at all of looking back more than a month on TRUST, to see what worked a particular service? Even better if you can look back to 2006-2007-2008ish?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aictos

Established Member
Just a question - is there any way at all of looking back more than a month on TRUST, to see what worked a particular service? Even better if you can look back to 2006-2007-2008ish?

I don't think there is as I think it's limited to a set time period.
How long for I don't know, sorry.

Ibex

I've only ever been able to do it back within a month though I think you type in something like 'TRJC 1G10 2404' it'd give the 1G10's from 24th April.

I'm a bit of a TRUST noob but I only ever need it to go back one day at most.

Established Member
AFAIK you can only go back about 9 days on the "traditional" TOPS / TRUST screen by doing (for example) TRJC1G10 21 - I don't know if it is possible to go back further on any newer applications that might be available.

As far as getting consists goes, it is possible to find out what worked a particular train for most TOCs within that 9 day timescale, but not for FOCs. Consists for the latter will generally disappear quite quickly off the system after the train has been "arrived". The exception for the latter is the TOPS 2000 system that DB Schenker use, but I do not know enough about that system to know how long such information is retained on it.

Disclaimer: I have never officially been trained on TOPS/TRUST, only know what I have managed to pick up over the last 20-odd years.

Greeny

As 33056 says, you can only go back 9 days on TRUST but, you can go back a lot longer on CCF. Indeed, I think you can go back well over a year but you have to ask somebody, somewhere to load it for you. I don't know what they'd accept as a valid reason though.

Philip

On Moderation
Cheers for that, so going by the replies, I take it there's no chance of finding out what something was worked by in 2007? Any good websites other than the locoscene one or do traincrew keep records?

GB

Established Member
I wouldn't say you had no chance but the odds are seriously stacked against you.

43034 The Black Horse

Established Member
Cheers for that, so going by the replies, I take it there's no chance of finding out what something was worked by in 2007? Any good websites other than the locoscene one or do traincrew keep records?

If it's Powercars or 67s, I may be able to help.

Anyway, I was informed today that supervisors can go back very very far in the system. As far as it will allow. Joe public works is something like 5 months IIRC? Anyone like to confirm on the latter?

SouthernCDiv

Consists tend to drop off TRUST after about 2 hours after arrival for FOC's, TOC's aout a week.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
About 4 - 6 weeks if you know what youre looking for. foor railtours etc, this is significantly shorter

Philip

On Moderation
If it's Powercars or 67s, I may be able to help.

Anyway, I was informed today that supervisors can go back very very far in the system. As far as it will allow. Joe public works is something like 5 months IIRC? Anyone like to confirm on the latter?

175s mainly, 185s also - that's it really. 175110 inparticular, always found that one slightly interesting with its odd livery, not obsessive though like;).

Supervisors as in station supervisors?

Death

Established Member
Can someone tell me what or how to access "TRUST".
Being a member of railway staff that needs to access it.
I presume that there is a pretty tight security case for not allowing members of the public read-only access to TRUST, isn't there? :?:

I've always wanted to have access to it so that I could perform stock and working look-ups, and also to be able to see exactly where a train is at any time. The latter ability would be very useful to me in the many instances where I am on a stopper, and there is a connection that I can make at the next station if the faster train is running a minute behind or more.
If I could do a TRUST look-up from a portable device, I could visualise all of my options at once and make the decision well in advance as to whether to attempt the change or not. An added bonus would be advance knowlege of platform numbers, so that I'd know exactly where I'm arriving at and departing from before I've even departed the previous station! 8-)

Without revealing anything considered NFPK; What kind of information might TRUST hold that would make it unsuitable for access by the general public? I can understand things like notes about fatalities being kept "private", but I can't immediately see any kind of security implications from passengers knowing which unit(s)/locos/coaches their train will be formed of.
More importantly; Does anyone with TRUST experience reckon it'd be possible to create a "public" version which shows live train info including unit/stock data and location, but holds back on the sensitive stuff? :)

GB

Established Member
some people are getting mixed up between the two systems that are TRUST and TOPS (though the two are linked to each other)

TRUST is the system that holds all the information regarding schedules, timings and delay attributions (as well as incidents) and IIRC most "live" departure boards run off this system. The reason that the public can't generally access it is becuase its an internal system and you need access to a railway terminal...ie it won't run from a home computer unless you have other bits and pieces.

TOPS is the system that is related to workings and consists.

As for anything that might be regarded as NFPK, the only thing I could thing of at this moment in time are the schedules for sensitive trains such as the Royal train and nuclear trains, though the latter is usually plastered all over gen groups anyway.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
It is, in fact, ridiculously easy to work out exactly when the "pair of class 67s with matching coaching stock" are running anyway; the Palace publishes all engagements weeks, if not months ahead, on the website. It's usually very obvious when the train is going to be used - and sometimes they have actually said in press releases ( in a separate part of their website from the engagements diary ) that "XYZ will be arriving at such and such station at whatever hour it is".

Established Member
Regarding a certain "pair of 67s with matching coaching stock", the times for that train are never on TRUST. They appear on a special notice which is only distributed to those directly concerned with the running of the train. The two locos remain on TOPS, but not shown allocated to, or working any train - though sometimes it is possible to guess what they are up to.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
^^^^^ And a big clue is that they are often both in for maintenance at the same time and place as each other on the day before, which I am told does show up and both will often show identical "expected OK" details.

Status
Not open for further replies.