VTWC Euston Qualified Driver Talent Pool Open

Discussion in 'Railway Jobs & Careers' started by Set_DRA, 19 Sep 2018.

1. Station 2

Station 2 Member

Mine still saying application submitted and herd nothing

2. Set_DRA

Set_DRA Member

So does mine. You should email a chat called Neil White. He's taken over Driver recruitment

3. Station 2

Station 2 Member

Any updates??

4. Driver84

Driver84 Member

Has anyone heard anything from HR? How long do we wait..?

5. Station 2

Station 2 Member

I’ve not herd anything... strange!

6. TTDARL

TTDARL Member

I know of a couple of qualified drivers from my TOC that completed the assessments for this and one has now started and the other is in the talent pool. This was at the start of the year! So I reckon they pick their ‘top’ candidates and process them then the rest are just left...... so to speak....

7. Driver84

Driver84 Member

I went for my interview and assessment at the start of February this year and was told I'm in the talent pool.
    Had nothing since.
    Wondering if it's worth while me looking elsewhere or keep fingers crossed for Euston.
    That year is coming round fast!

8. bionic

bionic Member

I got an email today saying qualified drivers at Euston are being advertised for again. Seems a bit odd if theres a load of people who previously applied who haven't been told anything.

Says you must live 40 minutes from Euston by your own transport, which considering London traffic and prices probably limits the number of eligible qualified drivers quite significantly.

9. Driver84

Driver84 Member

Not holding my breath now. Still live in hope for a job from them!

Anyone else got anything from them?

10. Firestarter

Firestarter Member

I guess nothing for Trainee driver anytime soon

11. tiptoptaff

tiptoptaff Established Member

VT taking trainees is very unlikely. I think it's happened once or twice in the last decade. I certainly wouldn't be holding out waiting for VT if I was looking to become a trainee diver

12. irish_rail

irish_rail Established Member

I think they are taking on bags of trainees internally, hence why Liverpool and Glasgow never get advertised as they are promoting trolley dollys etc to driver (quite rightly btw) . For some reason Euston and wolves they seem to struggle to recruit the internal trainees.
    I'd suggest getting in as on board staff then look out for internal trainee vacancies.....

13. 8J

8J Member

You'd be way off the mark to say that internals at Liverpool have got a look in as trainee drivers recently!

14. Red1980

Red1980 Member

It's happened twice already this year not to mention last year's and the group about to start training any time now.

15. Southern Dvr

Southern Dvr Member

It would also be worth pointing out that West Coast soon will not be a Virgin franchise and as such you don’t know how many of the Virgin ‘perks’ will stay.

16. bionic

bionic Member

I don't work for Virgin but have been interested in working for them. Speaking to a few of their drivers I get the impression that Euston and Wolves are the two worst depots. I hear Liverpool and Polmadie are both decent. I'm sure that would have something to do with the lack of external adverts for those depots. They advertised for Polmadie the other year, prompting most of Scotrail to apply! :D

17. irish_rail

Well if Liverpool service is due to double they are going to need a hell alot of drivers up there in the next year or so, strange that they are only advertising for Euston.

18. tiptoptaff

Depends where they're being worked from, of course. Potentially easy out and back from Euston

19. bionic

bionic Member

Have they got enough units in the fleet to double the Liverpool service?

20. irish_rail

Do Euston men get London allowance? Would seem a strange descion to give all that work to London and none to Liverpool but who knows!

21. tiptoptaff

Not sure. But overall diagramming might mean it's cheaper to pay regional allowance to another x drivers than "waste" parts of the day of another depot.

Who knows. Could be totally unrelated to the Liverpool work anyway!

22. tiptoptaff

Is that internally or externally?

23. Red1980

Red1980 Member

Bump duplicate

24. Red1980

Red1980 Member

Both internal and external

25. bionic

bionic Member

Sorry to ask the question again, but where are the units coming from for this TOC to double the Liverpool service?

26. Wilko5816

Wilko5816 Member

Anyone on here got information regarding Euston driver depot, routes signed, traction (Pendolinos and voyagers?) Links etc? Is there also parking at Euston? Considering putting in an application. Any info is greatly appreciated!

27. tom73

tom73 Member

I don't wish to sound like a sourpuss but the phrase "Talent Pool" detracts from the dignity and immense responsibility of a train driver's position. People on low
    brow TV shows such as X-Factor have talent (sometimes) whereas those directly employed in the railway industry ideally have a strong desire to learn their craft and advance in their chosen career as well as a dedication to the task they are entrusted to perform

28. godfreycomplex

godfreycomplex Member

Some people really will get annoyed at anything....
    Be compared to a low brow TV show all the way to the bank would be my advice

29. notadriver

notadriver Established Member

I agree here but I’ve been told by a someone who drives lorries and buses at the end of the day week we are all ‘just drivers’.

30. dctraindriver

dctraindriver Member

Considering talent pools have been used for years for graduates, recruitment agencies, NHS, Govt etc etc suggests you watch too much X factor ;)