• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

VTWC Euston Qualified Driver Talent Pool Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevec101

Don’t know if it depends on company but had a tpws on a single yellow (having stopped and waited at the red). That is definitely on my record.

The crucial thing is whether a company advertising wants to know those sorts of details.

The couple I’ve applied for in the last 2 years were not interested in anything of that nature and didnt need me to report it.

The forms you have to fill in now are standard from the RRB or whatever. They've replaced whatever atoc forms used to be. European licence has to go on any safety of the line that's recorded on your file needs to be filled in and it says have you ever been removed from driving due to illness or something like that. Then your manager has to confirm it. A friend of mine got on at vtwc a few yrs ago and didn't declare a missed station or a tpws as they were over 5yrs old. But now you've got to declare everything

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ZNB12

That shouldn't even be recorded on a Drivers file as it's an equipment failure.
Unfortunately they do. Anything you report to the signaller and their report to your Control. It's goes on record and recored. You be Exonerated of course but still remains. I would advise any drive to get a copy of your records from your file. Section 9 normally (operating incident) I always ask my DM for an up-to-date copy.

Lufcman

Incredibly pleasant and why I failed.

We done rules in the morning, went on to a group exercise and then interview at the end of the day. It was like having tea with family and I just wasn't prepared for it to be so calm and laid back.

This we about 18 months ago so things may have changed
What sort of group exercise was it?

driver9000

Established Member
Don’t know if it depends on company but had a tpws on a single yellow (having stopped and waited at the red). That is definitely on my record.

The crucial thing is whether a company advertising wants to know those sorts of details.

The couple I’ve applied for in the last 2 years were not interested in anything of that nature and didnt need me to report it.

Nothing like that is on my record.

ZNB12

No word from them. Would be nice to say they received your application at least.

stevieoz

If you log in on their website and select submitted applications it states there that the job has been applied for.

Set_DRA

I’ve not heard anything either. Best thing to do is email

No matter what time of day you call- no one picks up and you have to leave a message....

Lufcman

Well let’s just say the salary increase from my TOC to WTWC is a minimum of £16k!! Ill be jumping ship As soon as I can. If they’ll have me lol!!!
I’d be taking a significant drop in pay so it’s all about conditions for me if I were successful.

Class2ldn

I thought virgin's conditions were pretty poor which is what puts me off, they are on good money for a reason. You can't usually have both.
As a pay cut goes I assume you're talking about the starting rate ?

Last edited:

Lufcman

I thought virgin's conditions were pretty poor which is what puts me off, they are on good money for a reason. You can't usually have both.
As a pay cut goes I assume you're talking about the starting rate ?
Baseline is only just above my TOC but with extras I get it would still be a drop, however I would prefer making 14 stops a day compared to my current 114
That is better conditions in my eyes!

Lufcman

I called the recruitment line today. No answer but a recorded message saying it takes 4-6 weeks to get an email reply. I submitted 5 weeks ago so will give it another couple of weeks.

Set_DRA

Thanks for your reply.

No one ever answers that number! I need to check when I applied, I thin it was also around 5 weeks ago.

Unknockable

That

That's exactly the situation with my colleague. He started with me in 99. He's a really good driver. The missed station was 09 and tpws a yr later or something like that. Seems ridiculous. Minor incidents which I consider they are and so long ago I think he deserved a chance. I'm certain someone with 19yrs on the job compared to someone with 2yrs who's not really yet proved themselves means they're missing out on good people
What is considered missing a station? Stopping too far from the platform or just completely driving it pass the station at line speed? Feel bad for your mate, I do feel VT is probably one of the most difficult TOC’s to become a driver for.

Status
Not open for further replies.