• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What do you hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Captain Chaos

Here is my list of things that I hate:

Console Fanboys - I don't care if you think the XBOX 360 is better than the PS3 etc. I am happy with what I have got and that's all that matters to me.

Apple - Stop trying to fool me that banning Flash on your Iphone/Ipad is because it makes it unstable. We all know it's so as I can't watch music videos online and have to use the Itunes store to pay for it. I have paid for it. Let me use it how I want.

Celebrity Magazines - Do these ever contain actual real celebrities?

Katie Price and her various ex-husbands I can't be bothered to remember the names of.

Voyagers

Fancy coffee shop chains - I just want a coffee!

McDonalds - I have no idea what there burgers are made of. But it doesn't look like cuts of beef to me.

Constant hyping of the England football team whenever a major competition is under way - Why can we just not admit we are rubbish and that half the team care more about playing for their clubs that their country?

The X Factor - Yes there are some talented people on this show. But let's face it, there is only ever one winner - Simon Cowell.

Politicians who moan about the current government not doing anything about something and yet when elected to power themselves do exactly nothing about it too.

PC World

Basingstoke

Cher Lloyd

Cheryl Cole

Daily Mail

Conspiracy theorists

People who won't admit they are wrong even when presented with concrete evidence that proves they are wrong.

People who complain about the cost of petrol going up and up - Oil is a finite resource. It will eventually run out. We have probably already hit Peak Oil. The more rarer something is the more it costs. Why is this too hard to understand?

Last edited:

Rugd1022

How can you hate Roast Dinner?!? It's awesome! The only thing that can equal it is the good old bacon sarnie! :p

Sunday roast is ace - it's the law ;)

I can smell mine wafting up the stairs as I type this, we're having it a bit late today as we've been out photographing 'Earl Of Mount Edgecumbe on it's old stomping gound between Brum and Stratford-on-Avon. Sunday roast and GW steam, you can't beat it!

Hydro

Established Member
I'm having to wait until Thursday for a roast dinner :( No justice.

Crossover

Established Member
Roast dinner is awesome! Will be cooking one later :D

As for things I hate:
Pacers
Baked Beans (odd for a student I know)
Sprouts
Marmite
Apple (although I have an iPod I just don't like how expensive it is and how little you can with them as they are sealed units)
Slugs (get out of the bl**dy kitchen already!!!)
Wasps/Bees
As of the other day, Hanley Bus Station
Overpriced stuff in likes of PC World/Currys when you can get half of it for a whole load less!

Can't think of much else at the moment

Also, one for Kernowfem...how does peanut butter pizza sound? Worse than cheese/beans jacket?

Oh, that reminds me, I'm not a huge fan of peanut butter either!

Kernowfem

Roast dinner is awesome! Will be cooking one later :D

Also, one for Kernowfem...how does peanut butter pizza sound? Worse than cheese/beans jacket?

Oh, that reminds me, I'm not a huge fan of peanut butter either!

Peanut butter pizza? That is rank! I'd forgive the C&B jacket for anyone who thought this might actually be tastey!! :lol::D

Crossover

Established Member
Peanut butter pizza? That is rank! I'd forgive the C&B jacket for anyone who thought this might actually be tastey!! :lol::D

Obviously with other stuff on as well...I think it was using peanut butter in place of the tomato sauce

Either way, when we had a pizza night a few years ago and all made different pizzas, the majority of us decided to give the peanut butter one a wide berth :D

I concur (with hating baked beans and finding it odd).

I'm not sure why it is but I just don't like them - will happily live on most other things though :)

Captain Chaos

Pret A Manger is what you need - a filter coffee for 99p

Fantastic! At least someone can just give me a standard normal coffee. Why is it so hard in other places? "Can I have a coffee?" is nearly always followed by "What sort of coffee? We have Americano, Frappucino, Capucinno, Latte, Flavoured Latte, Mochachino, Skinny Latte, Mochacappuskinnysomethingorotherchinolatte." Whatever happened to just coffee?

Just a shame the nearest Pret A Manger from me is 17 miles away! Will keep an eye out for them in the future though. Thanks for the tip!

Wyvern

Established Member
I was in Sainsbury some weeks back and the woman behind the counter got really snooty with me when I asked for an ordinary coffee. She said "You mean a latte"

I just said OK - anything for a quiet life - I just wanted to pass the time until my train arrived,

I am obviously not alone - Sainsburys must have bowed to pressure and added what they call "standard coffee"to the list. It hasnt half cut down the queues as well, with no more pratting about!

Hydro

Established Member
I've managed to fathom most of the coffee names, it's a pain learning some new avante garde coffee shop cant when all I want is strong, black coffee, with (in the words of The Yorkshireman from Harry Enfield) "nowt farted about with".

Minilad

Established Member
I hate coffee !
I think that's why i never had any luck with the ladies when I was younger. They would say fancy coming in for a coffee and I would say no thanks I dont like it. Bet they thought I was gay or something !!!

EM2

Established Member
If you want to speak coffee, it all starts from espresso, which is a very intense black coffee, served in a very small cup. With a small amount of milk, it is a macchiato.
Americano is with added hot water (more what Hydro is after). Also known as a long black. But not to be confused with espresso lungo, which is brewed differently.
Cappuccino is espresso topped with frothy milk.
Latte is espresso with steamed milk added. A latte macchiato is normally milk with the espresso added.
Mocha has added chocolate.

Wiki has very good info for all of these different varieties.

12CSVT

Established Member
Fantastic! At least someone can just give me a standard normal coffee. Why is it so hard in other places? "Can I have a coffee?" is nearly always followed by "What sort of coffee? We have Americano, Frappucino, Capucinno, Latte, Flavoured Latte, Mochachino, Skinny Latte, Mochacappuskinnysomethingorotherchinolatte." Whatever happened to just coffee?

Sounds very much like a 'Two Ronnies' sketch

Hydro

Established Member
The fact that as soon as the seats around me fill up on the train, I get afflicted with the type of gas that feels like a knife through my guts unless released. I'm just not the kind of person to do that, especially as there are no handy dogs to blame it on.

Heinz57

I have more to add (I'm a grumpy one arn't I?)

The long haul Airbus jets (A330, A340, A380)
Ashley and Cheryl Cole - You know what, on reflection. They go well together because they're both idiots. I can't decide who's the bigger idiot. Him for cheating on her. Or her for getting back with him
Katie Price/Jordan - GAHHH!
The Only Way is Essex - Who thought of this programe? And what were they on when they thought it would be a good idea?
That little kid on the bus who won't shut up
His mother for not even attempting to keep him under control
That cheap coke they serve at pubs etc
Asda, Sainsburys, Morisons etc - Basicaly all supermarkets apart from Tesco and M+S
The extorsionate prices at the Co-Op local on the estate
The price of petrol
That guy in number 10 - Couldn't we for once have someone whos fit to run a country? These guys counldn't make a slice of toast. Let alone run a country
The fact that is I say/do something I get moaned at, but if someone else says/does the same thing, its ok
Justin Beiber

Established Member
People who complain about the cost of petrol going up and up - Oil is a finite resource. It will eventually run out. We have probably already hit Peak Oil. The more rarer something is the more it costs. Why is this too hard to understand?

The complaint most people have is that fuel prices are very quick to rise whenever oil prices do, but rarely fall when oil does.

SS4

Established Member
Victoria Beckham and her ridiculous child names. Get a grip woman, your daughter now sounds like a space shuttle!

I hear she weighed 4lb and 9oz - no news yet on the baby though :p

The media who seem to think that is a bigger story than most real news

Established Member
I hate the c*nt who clipped my car at some point over the weekend and didn't bother to stop, leaving the wheelarch hanging off the car and a mark on the wing mirror. <(<(
They appear to have hit the mirror on my neighbours car as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.