• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What do you hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
We haven't had one of these in a while. I'll get you started:

Celtic FC, ITV, the Labour Party. Anybody else?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

N Levers

People with Usernames formed of a 4 letter name followed by a single vowel followed by a even 4 digit number divisible by 1005

Kidding

GNER 373

Kerry Katona, Katie Price, Jade Goody and all other talentless 'celebrities' that are just people like everyone else but have the ability to act like total ***** and be lauded by the idiotic 'general public' in this country- in fact people who idolise such 'heroes' are even worse! Also most of the British press and again the 'sheep' who fall for such sensationalism!

Boils my....water!

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Kerry Katona, Katie Price, Jade Goody and all other talentless 'celebrities' that are just people like everyone else but have the ability to act like total ***** and be lauded by the idiotic 'general public' in this country- in fact people who idolise such 'heroes' are even worse! Also most of the British press and again the 'sheep' who fall for such sensationalism!

Boils my....water!

Or, to quote OB1 Kenobe, "Who's the bigger fool, the fool or the fool that follows him" !

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Or, to quote OB1 Kenobe, "Who's the bigger fool, the fool or the fool that follows him" !

good quote from a good man :)

I hate nimby;s especially the ones that stopped the wind turbines behind my house on an old coal mine in a muddy brick filled field.

I hate people who slag stuff off without understanding (railways is one of them)

The media. Sterotypes and posh people at uni who look down there very stuck up nose at me.

by the way thats a very shortened version :P

Eng274

People who don't understand the necessity of H&S in the rail industry, and those who can't even read a departures board properly - one of my mates needed to be told that his train wasn't calling at "Manchester Airport, Haymarket, Lockerbie, Carlisle...." they're different colours and size text for pete's sake :roll:. Heart of Midlothian FC. Tourists who walk at snail's pace.

Boils my....water!
This.

I hate nimby;s especially the ones that stopped the wind turbines behind my house on an old coal mine in a muddy brick filled field.
On the flip side, (not arguing your point at all here) I loathe the many SMEs out there who claim silly amounts of public funds for useless "green" energy products, such as shoddily planned/designed wind turbines of 30cm diameter on the side of buildings - in a built up area, where winds simply do not exist to ever pay for itself.

The Edinburgh trams. thankfully the councillors have finally waken up and smelt the asphalt, and realised that maybe the population should be polled to decide the outcome of the project - I do not have it in me to grant them a 'hooray'.

The american coffee culture that has been embraced too readily over here. Perhaps it's because I'm a tea drinker and can't understand the glee in having a range of coffees containing varying degrees of heart disease/diabetes. (I like mine's strong, with a spot of milk, no sugar if anyone's making :))

Inconsiderate dog owners, people who leave full rubbish bags in the stairwell which attracts vermin.. I am otherwise a joyful character when these things don't grind my gears!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kernowfem

Ill mannered people, spitting, idiot drivers, (those in the minority of) photographers who make rail enthusiasts life hell by tutting loudly, telling you to move and barging you out of the way like you have no right to be there.

Animal and child cruelty, tennis and the smell of beer :)

LE Greys

Established Member
  • Arrogant idiots who think that they are the only person entitled to an opinion (or as they call it, fact)
  • People who will never admit that they are wrong about anything, even when arguing that black is white
  • Anyone who thinks that money can buy status
  • The free market
  • Useless electronic systems that replace what a simple mechanical control could do at a fraction of the cost
  • Heathrow Express (because they charge exorbitant prices for using their branch. Nationalise them!!!!!!!!)
  • Arriva Voyagers
  • All types of Desiro
  • 90% of cars
  • Personal stereos
  • Prolefeed media
  • Any music that cannot be played without speakers
  • The idiot who (wrongly) called me a "faggot" the other day because I was wearing a hat

12CSVT

Established Member
1) People who think it is acceptable to hurl abuse at railway staff just because their train is a few minutes late

2) People who parachute their way into railway management positions without having worked up the grades (no wonder half the mangers these days don't understand how the railways work)

LE Greys

Established Member
  • Arrogant idiots who think that they are the only person entitled to an opinion (or as they call it, fact)
  • People who will never admit that they are wrong about anything, even when arguing that black is white
  • Anyone who thinks that money can buy status
  • The free market
  • Useless electronic systems that replace what a simple mechanical control could do at a fraction of the cost
  • Heathrow Express (because they charge exorbitant prices for using their branch. Nationalise them!!!!!!!!)
  • Arriva Voyagers
  • All types of Desiro
  • 90% of cars
  • Personal stereos
  • Prolefeed media
  • Any music that cannot be played without speakers
  • The idiot who (wrongly) called me a "faggot" the other day because I was wearing a hat

...and buses, especially when the timetable is a work of fiction and you can never tell where they are going (like the driver today who had his destination blind blank)

Flamingo

Established Member
Passengers who think that their lack of preparation is my problem.

Hydro

Established Member
Oh, something that really gets on my tits is people who press their faces up against the train window to look inside when we stop. 1) I don't like being gawped at, and 2) they get the wrong impression that all I do is eat sweets and watch TV programmes on my laptop with a surprised expression on my fizz. That only happens when we stop. And sometimes when we're moving.

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
2) they get the wrong impression that all I do is eat sweets and watch TV programmes on my laptop with a surprised expression on my fizz. That only happens when we stop. And sometimes when we're moving.

I know the feeling. For some reason, whenever I take a break at the MHR to have a cuppa the same set rolls in, and the impression all the traincrew get is that I sit around drinking tea! Actually, that may be partially true though...

Yew

Established Member
the village of Ravenshead, the fact that there is no English parliament, our fractured and broken railway system (seriously, go for a 'Big Four' arrangement, or a 'British rail arrangement') and Napier Turbochargers

Oh, and pacers, and how EMT skimped on their super sprinter refurb

ACE1888

Ex Wives..well dislike mainly...
Rangers FC
'Cool Dudes'
People who think they're better than everyone else(and try to let you know the fact)
Bull****ters
Derek Pringle (the worst Ex England cricketer EVER)
Politicians
Seagulls (Rats with wings)
Rap (and any other sh*te music)
'Nuff to be going on with tonight....

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Some more for mine:

• Burnley
  • People who use the word 'lol'
  • The ':)' smilie
  • Travelodges
  • Steam engines
  • Booking office clerks who don't know where Welwyn North is
  • Light rail
  • Communism
  • Luton
  • Rugby (the sport)
  • F1

and how EMT skimped on their super sprinter refurb

It's not that bad!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Rangers FC

I think you'll find that you are outnumbered at that level on here ;)

Last edited:

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Oh, something that really gets on my tits is people who press their faces up against the train window to look inside when we stop.

Sorry :oops:

Though I didn't actually press my face up to the window more sort of stood a feet away or so from the window and looked in...

Hydro

Established Member
That's alright, there are people who properly press against the window, with hands framing around their faces to block the glare. I turn around and nearly soil myself in surprise, and they just keep staring in! One day I'm going to walk around in my underwear with a "What are you looking at?" expression.

Status
Not open for further replies.