• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What do you hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yew

Established Member
Bach ache,

Its better than having a Mozart Migraine!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Ravenshead in Notts? It's lovely there, i've just come back from work via it as i'm feeding my sister in laws pussy(cat) all week.
I'll grant you though, Papplewick is nicer.

I just dont like the place, when I was a scout, the Ravenshead group always seemed like a load of pricks. My group (mansfield woodhouse) got on with Ollerton and Bilsthorpe a lot better

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HST Power

Established Member
Just looks tacky to me. Plus any longer than 1hr on them and you start realising how very uncomfortable those seats are.

It does look a bit tacky and a bit pink. I believe that the seats also caused a lot of complaints when they first entered service, with passengers claiming that the backs were to high.

1V53

Those who think strike action is ridiculous. They are either in a bubble or need to wake up to the fact that if we don't stand up for ourselves now, it will be too late.

Ask yourself this: "the country can't afford it" we are told. Ok, so why aren't MP's having their pensions slashed and their wages frozen and cut? Ever heard of leading by example?

HST Power

Established Member
Those who think strike action is ridiculous. They are either in a bubble or need to wake up to the fact that if we don't stand up for ourselves now, it will be too late.

Ask yourself this: "the country can't afford it" we are told. Ok, so why aren't MP's having their pensions slashed and their wages frozen and cut? Ever heard of leading by example?

This isn't the place to talk politics, but I will say this. Take a look at a teachers pension. Then compare that to a Private sector pension and the estimated working times. I think you'll find an answer.

Apologies if this takes the thread off topic, that was not my intetion.

1V53

This isn't the place to talk politics, but I will say this. Take a look at a teachers pension. Then compare that to a Private sector pension and the estimated working times. I think you'll find an answer.

Apologies if this takes the thread off topic, that was not my intetion.

Ah so you have been reading the Daily Mail? A lot of the people striking are on pay freezes and their pensions are no longer the golden eggs they were promised. It wasn't just teachers striking you know!

To be honest, if I was a teacher (what a manky job) I'd be expecting what I was originally promised and if not would be expecting everyone to be taking the medicine. Until those dishing out the cuts start taking them themselves then don't expect me to support their propaganda.

ACE1888

The press seeing 'working class' folk as ALL the same
Kerry Katona and Jordan/Katie Price as 'celebs'
Radio 1 DJ's
Patronising interviewers/sucking up to interviewee's
Call centres
Government Departments (well the CSA basically) that are always wrong...w**kers
Fixed formation 'rolling stock'
Bustitution
JOBSWORTHS
Ex Wives (again)
Music charts

Foxhound

Voyagers
Plastic units (but 156s and 158s are tolerable)
Thieves, liars and criminals
Bigotry and intolerance whether it be racial, religious, gender or sexuality
The far right
Mass produced music
Celebrity culture
Keg beers
The systematic impoverisation of the majority of the population of this country for idealistic point-scoring by the self-perpetuating wealthy,
The clandestine destruction of the NHS
The privatisation of BR
The slaughter of British industry in the 80s

Smethwickian

Hates? Try:

Bigotry.

CrossCountry Voyagers for anything longer than 30 minutes.

The Daily Mail.

The Mail on Sunday.

Rabid right-wing intolerant bigoted swivel-eyed loony columnists who spew their rancid narrow-minded warped ill-informed views onto the pages of the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday (if the cap fits, Peter Hitchens........).

Anyone who believes anything they read in the Daily Mail or Mail on Sunday.

And while we're on media types, Liz 'designer name dropping poor poor me I want to live in the country but don't want to spoil my designer shoes' Jones.

Slow pedestrians.

Parents with tiny babies but buggies the size of a small family car blocking footpaths, supermarket aisles and public transport in general.

People who knock the TV licence fee but simply don't get that even though commercial TV and radio is far, far worse, you cannot ever avoid paying for it even if you get rid of your TV because the cost of advertising is an insidious tax clawed back on the cost of any goods, services or products or those of any company or provider that have ever been advertised on TV or radio.

Did I mention the Daily Mail?

Heinz57

Jordan/Katie Price - She's such a stuck up cow. She's made of plastic and quite francly she looks like a train wreck
Kerry Katona - Don't get me started
Ryanair - 'Nuff said
Scott Mills - First you tried being like Chris Moyles, now your trying to be 'cool' by talking like a teenager. Just stop it!
Cherl Cole - You know I used to like her, but these past few months my opinion has completley changed, now I think shes just a mardy idiot. And if she does end up getting back with that love rate Ashley, any respect I may still have for her will fly completley out of the window.
On that note; All the cheating footballers, particularly those on the national team - You get yourselfs stunning model girlfriends what any other lad would give anything to be with, and you cheat on them? You are not only an embaressment to yourself, but to the country. How you ever got to be on the national team I'll never know.
Gordan Brown, Tony Blair, David 'Dave' Cameron, Nick 'Lier' Clegg - Need I say any more?
Jedword - GAHHHH!
The only way is Essex - Oh come on!
Big Brother - Again, GAHHHH!
That idiot off the sports team that gets the stunning girl. But treats her like something he's trodden in - She realy doesn't deserve that
Her for that matter - 'But I love him' Realy? After he treats you like a common door mat
Fashion - So to look nice and fit in I've got to wear a certain type of clothing? Why can't I just wear what the hell I want?
Snakes - H A T E them
Moths - Do they actualy serve a purpose or are they just here to anoy us?
People who walk slow in the middle of Wesfeild - MOVE OUT OF MY WAY!!!!
Sebastian Vetal - I used to like him, but its like EVERY race now. That damned No1 finger sign of his, GAHHHH
That spotty 14 year old who thinks he's a complete expert airliners and could fly a real life B747 right now with his eyes closed because he's flew one on FSX a couple of times

I've got a bit of a bee in my bonnet as you can see ;)

I think I might have to calm down by visiting the 'Things you Love' thread

Last edited:

HST Power

Established Member
I have to mention 142 Pacers. :lol:

I feel I must do the same. Should've put it on my list really. Whilst I do think that Pacers aren't quite as bad as they are made out to be, they are fairly poor in quality and the ride comfort is unsatisfactory.

table38

Established Member
How DID I forget the (un) lovable 'Pacers'??? Sill me:oops:

I'm quite fond of Pacers, and I even like them a bit more since I had a go on this at Llangollen last weekend and realised what an improvement they are over the prototypes :)

They definitely missed a trick to have a great forward view by putting a sodding great bulkhead right behind the driver!

RB004.jpg

Minilad

Established Member
Passengers telling me they pay my wages
Facebook
Birmingham City, it's owners, staff, players, coaches, fans, ground. In fact anything to do with it
86's
47's
X-factor / Britain's got talent / Dancing on whatever is flavour of the month
Snakes
Pineapples
Snobs
People who think they know better than a professional
The Monarchy
Hype
Tabloid Journalism and the sheep that are taken in by it
Conspiracy theorists
Religion, of all flavours
Nike
Sky
The Champions League
Smoking
When my other half say's not tonight I have a headache

valenta

I'm quite fond of Pacers, and I even like them a bit more since I had a go on this at Llangollen last weekend and realised what an improvement they are over the prototypes :)

They definitely missed a trick to have a great forward view by putting a sodding great bulkhead right behind the driver!

RB004.jpg

Personally I think the prototupe Pacer looks much nicer than the pacers created, but can't quite put my finger on why. :lol:

Clint

People who can't be bothered to use their car indicators. I even saw someone the other day on a driving lesson not bother on a right turn, and looked at the instructor expecting her to mouth something to the leaner, but her mouth remained shut!

Flamingo

Established Member
Some instructors are bad. The standard of driving in South Wales proves it!

SS4

Established Member
From here to smoking have been lifted from XCDriver's post.

1. Birmingham City, it's owners, staff, players, coaches, fans, ground. In fact anything to do with it
  2. X-factor / Britain's got talent / Dancing on whatever is flavour of the month
  3. Snobs
  4. People who think they know better than a professional
  5. Hype
  6. Conspiracy theorists
  7. Religion, of all flavours
  8. Nike
  9. The Champions League
  10. Smoking
  11. People who believe there is nothing at all good about the EU
  12. Those who compare the current EU to Nazism
  13. Mornings
  14. Hot Weather
  15. Humidity
  16. Days without Rain... which leads me to:
  17. Summer
  18. Repeating Myself
  19. Tabloids - Utter prolefeed (credit to LE Greys for stating that)
  20. Marmite
  21. Idiocy
  22. Radio 1
  23. Pendulum (and I do not mean the simple harmonic motion device)
  24. Repeating Myself :p
  25. R&B
  26. Those who move slowly and do not allow me to overtake
  27. Hip Hop
  28. Men who are complete tossers to women giving us all a bad name
  29. The Conservative Party and especially...
  30. George Osborne! (Never have I seen someone so smug while screwing three countries)
  31. The only way is Essex
  32. Big Brother
  33. Game Shows - Far too easy now, does anyone remember how tough fifteen-to-one was? There was prestige back then.
  34. Fashion - £150 for a JACKET?!
  35. Baby on Board stickers - Because I was totally going to ram you otherwise.
  36. Those who beat around the bush - Get to the point, I've not got all day.
  37. Some BBC programs - who don't appear to recognise life North of Watford
  38. Chavs - goes without saying
  39. Animal Cruelty
  40. Young Children
  41. Arrogance
  42. Rugby Station and the surrounding area - It seems hit and miss whether it will cause a delay or not!
  43. Women who want equality on everything, except when it doesn't suit, such as the accelerated raising of the state pension age.
  44. Timewasters
  45. Rahs
  46. Films which insist upon saying "contains one instance of cartoon violence" et al
  47. The amount of money in football
  48. Manchester United
  49. The disparity in volume between adverts and normal programming (and on a related manner...)
  50. ...The "boom, whisper" in shows/films - Characters talk quietly so one turns up the volume and then a loud explosion so one turns the volume down. Repeat ad infinitum
  51. "Artists" who need to whore themselves to sell record - see R&B above
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Ah so you have been reading the Daily Mail? A lot of the people striking are on pay freezes and their pensions are no longer the golden eggs they were promised. It wasn't just teachers striking you know!

To be honest, if I was a teacher (what a manky job) I'd be expecting what I was originally promised and if not would be expecting everyone to be taking the medicine. Until those dishing out the cuts start taking them themselves then don't expect me to support their propaganda.

I have to agree. The private sector often overlook the fact their wages are better and could afford to put some more money into a pension. What's more the media in general are lumping all public sector staff together - they don't tell you it's only the senior and long serving staff that get the pensions the media refers to - new members get a terrible pension which is going to be made even worse. The new members are also younger so they'll have to pay for the very generous and uncut MP pension/salary. They also skip over the fact that PCS took the last government to court and won :roll:

Radio 1 is utter sh*te. As you like rock music, you will be displeased to hear that Jo Wiley [Radio 1 DJ] once said that the Kaiser Chiefs were better than Pink Floyd...

You have to be sh*tting me

Last edited:

Desiro360

Some things that I hate and get on my nerves are;

1) Being Ill
2) Soap's (how can anyone sit and watch that rubbish?)
3) Arrogance
4) Jobsworths
5) People who say they'll do something with you but they don't turn up
6) Politics
7) Crime
8) Money in Football (give it to the Railways to fund for new rolling stock)
9) People who drive like idiots
10) When large amounts of money is wasted

HST Power

Established Member
I should've added smoking.

I can't stand it.

My mother once told me that even as a child, I would tut and shake my head at smokers as they stood coughing and wheezing in the bus shelters and train stations of Hertfordshire.

What infuriates me is the 'seven steps' campaign launched by the health service. Aimed at mothers and fathers, the television advert shows a child playing outside, and the mother nearby, lighting up. The broadcaster says, 'Taking seven steps away from your children could prevent the risk of....' blah, blah, blah.

So the mother steps away, smiling. The child starts laughing and playing in the garden.

Absolutely ridiculous. This does nothing but provide an excuse.

If parents want the best for their children's health, they'd stop smoking altogether.

sutty

[*]The disparity in volume between adverts and normal programming

On a geeky note, it's not the volume that's different. It's a difference in compression used during adverts and actual programmes.

Wyvern

Established Member
People who do things "because they have right to"

I've trimmed my hedge. I did it on a Sunday morning when the pavement was quiet.

I was halfway through clearing it up when along someone comes, walks straight through it, and scatters it everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.