• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What station is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mumrar

Established Member
At this station it is possible to see trains on two seperate routes passing at 125mph within 15 feet of each other. But, where is it?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I was going to say Caldicot, but I don't think that line can cope with 125mph, nor the Severn Tunnel for that matter!

mumrar

Established Member
So hst and voyagers can't do 125? Line speed was upgraded to this recently, if not my traction inspector may want words. My defence is turbos only do 100 and always stop there.

Good news, I'm not in the dole queue, my driver has confirmed the upgrade to 125mph semi-recently.

Last edited:

MCR247

Established Member
So hst and voyagers can't do 125? Line speed was upgraded to this recently, if not my traction inspector may want words. My defence is turbos only do 100 and always stop there.

Good news, I'm not in the dole queue, my driver has confirmed the upgrade to 125mph semi-recently.

Ok then. I stand corrected

Death

Established Member
Trains via Tamworth HL cant reach 125mph can they?
They can do a lot more than that if I'm driving! <D

Although I havn't passed through Tamworth HL in some years now, I believe the limit through the HL platforms is about 100mph at present for non-tilting rolling stock. Making the necessary adjustment in the speed limit to allow for tilting trains, the safe passing speed limit for a Pendo (If they had wires up there) would be about 150mph. <D

Therefore, I'm going to back everyone else up on this and say Tamworth...Although I suppose the point where the ECML crosses the HS1 link out of St. Pancras could also be a legitimate candidate. 8)

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I think this has gone far enough

Status
Not open for further replies.