• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMTrains livery and station branding

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

vlad

...having seen the absolutely appalling quality of LNR and WMR's publicity material and liveries when compared to the master of publicity and "look and feel" that LM were)

This would be the same London Midland that also used plenty of empty space, right?

This link shows a LM platform sign for Stone, which is right-justified and has over half the sign apparently completely unused.

Spirit555

Bescot Stadium has had all its existing handrails removed on Footbridge steps (Only recently painted) and they have been replaced with twin level handrails (As per fitted to stations with ramp exits). No signage changes at all or any movement on DDA compliance yet.

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Bescot Stadium has had all its existing handrails removed on Footbridge steps (Only recently painted) and they have been replaced with twin level handrails (As per fitted to stations with ramp exits). No signage changes at all or any movement on DDA compliance yet.
I noticed last week that dual handrails have also been fitted to the bridge at Droitwich Spa station.

Spirit555

The Paint Brush has been out again at both Erdington and Five Ways.(That I know of) Both painted in old London Midland colours. Seems a waste of money. Or are they using up the remaining paint as the Cross City seems to keep getting Green/Black repaints in the last few months

Ted172

The Paint Brush has been out again at both Erdington and Five Ways.(That I know of) Both painted in old London Midland colours. Seems a waste of money. Or are they using up the remaining paint as the Cross City seems to keep getting Green/Black repaints in the last few months

Are you sure they're not just touching up? Although i would've thought that stations having London Midland colours reapplied would be in West Midlands Railway colours by now.

Spirit555

There were far too many "wet Paint" signs for just touching up. At Five Ways every post on the to Redditch had one and paint looks far too clean and not particularly scratched as it usually looks.

Mark

DavidGrain

Established Member
My experience on the cross city line is Selly Oak and University both of which to me look like full repaints in green and black.There are an odd couple of patches of orange in the University footbridge which I don't understand

pt_mad

Established Member
Saw what I think was 350376 at Crewe and it now has a special vinyl replacing the large W in the centre. Advertisement Warner Bros tour Watford with a large photo of the steam train. Looks superb.

Can anyone confirm its 376?

sd0733

Established Member
Saw what I think was 350376 at Crewe and it now has a special vinyl replacing the large W in the centre. Advertisement Warner Bros tour Watford with a large photo of the steam train. Looks superb.

Can anyone confirm its 376?

Yes definitely 376 harry potter

Believe we now have
369 Edgbaston
370 Cadbury world
372 Liverpool
374 Liverpool Airport
376 Harry Potter
377 Stratford upon Avon

Edited to add the one i missed

Last edited:

Ashscrivens

Handrails are orange at Chester road but a very pale looking orange, might be an undercoat maybe, was more like a peach color.

Looked awful.

Ted172

Handrails are orange at Chester road but a very pale looking orange, might be an undercoat maybe, was more like a peach color.

That could be the traditional GWR colours as seen at other West Midlands Railway stations such as Colwall, Ledbury, Malvern Link, Henley in Arden, Penkridge, Stratford-upon-Avon and others.

DavidGrain

Established Member
That could be the traditional GWR colours as seen at other West Midlands Railway stations such as Colwall, Ledbury, Malvern Link, Henley in Arden, Penkridge, Stratford-upon-Avon and others.

Chester Road and Penkridge were never GWR stations,

sd0733

Established Member
350369 now has advert vinyls.for Edgbaston Cricket ground. same style as all the others.

Ashscrivens

The orange looks correct now, as you can see on the left lots of work is being done at Chester road, repainting and deep clean.

Attachments

• 65B6205A-922B-4B43-8A0F-D38E6006E5C3.jpeg
    65B6205A-922B-4B43-8A0F-D38E6006E5C3.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 79

VT 390

Established Member
Does anyone know how they pick which station signs to re-brand fully first as the other day when I visited all the stations between Wolverhampton and Shrewsbury only Albrighton had new signs. I originally thought that it could be done in alphabetical order but if this were the case would it not make more sense to start with the larger stations and then do all the smaller stations on a route at the same time?

Silverlinky

350368 is out and about with Resorts World Birmingham branding.

350115 has joined the refurb program and 350242 will shortly gain the interim livery

59CosG95

Established Member
Does anyone know how they pick which station signs to re-brand fully first as the other day when I visited all the stations between Wolverhampton and Shrewsbury only Albrighton had new signs. I originally thought that it could be done in alphabetical order but if this were the case would it not make more sense to start with the larger stations and then do all the smaller stations on a route at the same time?
It seems to have been done at random, though there is probably a logic to it that we don't know about!
To clarify again - does Albrighton now have the orange WMR signage?

VT 390

Established Member
It seems to have been done at random, though there is probably a logic to it that we don't know about!
To clarify again - does Albrighton now have the orange WMR signage?

Yes Albrighton does have the full new WMR signage
DSC_0610.JPG

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member

They seem to be doing smaller stations first. Polesworth was I think first of all!