• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Your Bachman or Hornby wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgwrich

Established Member
HI mine is

Bachmann
class 150 in fgw local lines livery destination blinds saying Exeter st D
one side and Bristol TM the other
class 150 in wessex livery destination blinds saying Swindon one side and penzance on the other
class 158 in fgw local lines livery

hornby
hornby class 143 local lines livery FGW
hornby class 153 local lines livery FGW destination blinds saying Paignton one side and plymouth the other
hornby class 153 heart of wessex red livery destination blinds saying westbury one side and newquay the other
class 153 in 153329+153369 livery blue) destination blinds saying truro one side and Exmouth the other
Class 43 HST in XC livery

many thanks

Well Put them on the Wish List and perhaps we might see them next year:D...

http://hornby.com/customer-support/questionnaire,34,HAR.html

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Don't normally venuture in here, but I saw this thread title in the forum list, so I thought I'd take a look.

It strikes me as something that somewhat sets apart railway modelling from other modelling hobies (Airfix, wargaming etc) is the presumption of pre-painted and assembled models. I appreciate there are some kit-form models available, but I think if I was in control of Hornby, Bachman or similar I'd look to be selling unpainted and perhaps unassembelled kits for all the trains I was sellling alongside the pre-painted ones. Kit forms would also easily allow for physical varients with alternative parts- it would be relatively trivial, for example, to sell a kit that could make either a 155 coach or a 153.

Add in a painting guide (could be sold as a properly bound book) and you'd be away. In the case of Hornby, they're the same company as Airfox anyway, so there's instant access to their "hobby supplies" range of paints, glues brushes etc.

Would mean relatively easy access to all currently unavailble livery variations for the deidicated modeller.

As an ex-wargamer, I'd think I'd rather have DIY kits, if I was doing railway modelling.

I would really like to see more modern south based trains and desiros.

In particular:

Class 450 in South West trains livery. You see these trains everywhere and a 5 car of this would be fantastic by Bachmann

Also a class 444 in the same livery as a 5 car again.

A class 377 in the Southern livery as a three car again by Bachmann

I have noticed that bachmann have brought out a variety of class 170's lately and in the south i haven't seen a single one. It would be nicer to see some trains which run here and now on the daily timetables.

DVT82305

My Wish list would be From Hornby and Bachmann to do are Class 380 Desiro, Class 43 In FGW Neon Livery, Class 185 Desiro, Class 360 Desiro In Heathrow Connect Livery and Class 378 Capitalstar

royaloak

Established Member
today I will mostly be at home decorating
Class 450 in South West trains livery. You see these trains everywhere and a 5 car of this would be fantastic by Bachmann.

When did we get 5 coach 450s, I know there is talk of this but nothing has happened yet got 5 coach 360s at Heathrow connect though.
A Disastro wouldn't be a bad idea, 350, 360, 450 all the same basic body-shell.

Vulcan

I don't think there are any obvious gaps in the market now for standard gauge 4mm scale, perhaps its time for them to expand into narrow gauge? Roco are already doing a RTR FR Fairlie, but a RTR plate frame simplex motor rail diesel would be good, as it has many uses in various industrial scenes. It could be built without a cab, and cabs could easily be moulded as a one piece component to fit on top so a variety of prototypes could be offered. On the steam side, perhaps one of the small Hunslets or a Bagnal?

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
I won't mention specifics but a railway mag has printed Hornby's plans for 2010 already and if it's right, there is a nice suprise.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Gah. Still desperate to own a Class 318 model!

Bratchell models sent me an email recently about built/part-built kits they have 'on sale' for less than the standard price, they might give you the list if you ask them, sale ends 11 Jan or when they run out of stock.

Bittern

Established Member
Yeah but isn't that only the un-refurbished look? I'm looking for today's look.

fgwrich

Established Member
I would really like to see more modern south based trains and desiros.

In particular:

Class 450 in South West trains livery. You see these trains everywhere and a 5 car of this would be fantastic by Bachmann

Also a class 444 in the same livery as a 5 car again.

A class 377 in the Southern livery as a three car again by Bachmann

I have noticed that bachmann have brought out a variety of class 170's lately and in the south i haven't seen a single one. It would be nicer to see some trains which run here and now on the daily timetables.

Well, Bachmann has done the South West Trains 170 in the past and as limeted editions for modelzone, the Southern 171s both in weatherd and unweatherd varieties...

Eitherway, tis only 17 minuets and counting until the Hornby 2010 range is revealed...:D:D:D:D:D:D

D6975

Established Member
There are some optimistic requests on this thread!!

My requests are much more realistic

Later headcode version of the 24 from Bachmann.
(Why haven't they already done this one?)

Update of the 21/29 from Hornby to modern standards.

The 'missing' Mk 1 BSO from Bachmann

Bachmann to continue their way through DMU classes (class 120 for me but not holding my breath on that one)

ps almost forgot - Hornby to search out the Irish 201 moulds for 'Railroad' release

Waddon

My request is not for a specific model, but some features I'd like to see on modern image stock, especially multiple units.

I'd like to see operating doors, either the plug type or sliding. Yes, I know this would be fiddly and complicated, but the quality and technology of RTR stock has been improving a lot recently, and maybe this would be the next stage. Connected to this, I'd like to see (working) those orange lights on the carriage bodies which show that the doors are open - I don't know their technical name. I would imagine both the above could be achieved through DCC technology.

Finally, some attempt at a realistic looking electronic destination display, either for the front of units, or for platform passenger information displays. Having seen the tiny little displays on some portable electronic equipment such as MP3's, I can't see this being totally beyond the realm of possibility.

Maybe I'm aiming at the moon here, but I don't think any of the above are physically impossible?

tombo1984

From Hornby...

Loco / DMU wise
First Great Western Local Lines Class 143
First Great Western Local Lines Class 153
Wessex Trains Class 153329 & 153369
, The St Ives Bay Belle & Looe Valley Explorer
Wessex Trains Heart Of Wessex Class 153

First Great Western Barbie HST

From Bachmann

Wessex Trains Class 150
Valley Lines Class 150
First Great Western Local Lines Class 150
First Great Western Local Lines Class 158
Your wanted list is exactly the same as mine. Although i would probably want both the 2 carriage and 3 carriage 158 in FGW Livery.
Add to this list the Network Rail MPV...

Also it would be really nice to see a Sleeper Train Set come out again.
I have the Uber Rare 'Lima Great Western' set with the class 47 Diesel in Great Western Livery and the 2 Great Western Sleeper coaches that come with it...
Would be nice to see a updated set come out. Personally if i was designing it. I would have the pack come with 2 class 57's in FGW Livery. One Engine and one Dummy and then have 2/3 sleeper carriages come with it. I don't know about anyone else, but it is certainly something i would buy!

24022010330.jpg

24022010333.jpg

Last edited:

royaloak

Established Member
today I will mostly be at home decorating
Sleeper Train Set.
Would be nice to see a updated set come out. Personally if i was designing it. I would have the pack come with 2 class 57's in FGW Livery. One Engine and one Dummy and then have 2/3 sleeper carriages come with it. I don't know about anyone else, but it is certainly something i would buy!

57603 should be the dummy it would be soooo prototypical, it is always failing after all :lol:

Bittern

Established Member
Time for an update, methinks.

Steam locos:

Class D49 "Morayshire" - LNER Apple Green
Class A3 Pacific 'Flying Sctosman' - BR Green
Caledonian Railway Class 439 0-4-4T Caledonain Railway Blue

Diesel locos:

Class 26 D5394 BR Green w/ Yellow warning panels, just as she is in preservation.
Class 27 in BR Blue

EMUs:

Class 318 refurbished - Carmine and Cream
Class 314 - Both Strathclyde Orange and Carmine and Cream
Class 303 - Strathclyde Orange

FlyingScot

My list of wishes, my wishy listy, my wish list etc.:

Hornby Flying Scotsman America pack, includes double-tendered Flying Scotsmanwith bell and cowcatcher and all of that american stuff and devon belle observation car unbranded.

Hornby Hogwarts Express engine and coaches.

Hornby Oliver.*

East Coast limited edition modelzone exclusive hst.

*Might get Toad and S.C.ruffey to compliment him.

Vulcan

You know a wish list is what you'd like the company to produce, not which of their products you would like?

Personally i'd be happy with anything if they's design some better packaging for it. Hornby boxes are especially rubbish, and whats their obsession with countless, pointless, card sleeves? Look to Graham Farish I say, sturdy plastic box with foam holding the engine safe, the foam can be cut up to suit kit built bodies as well.

FlyingScot

You know a wish list is what you'd like the company to produce, not which of their products you would like?

Ok then. How about this:
Revival of the take-a-ticket train set, a cool train set in which the train only ran when you put a ticket in the station. Includes a Nellie locomotive*, a Mk1 carriage and a ticket and a station and a signal. PLUS new Graham Farish style packaging.

Is that too lazy or is it ok?

ert47

I have no idea why, but i really like the look of that 2012 Livered 395 trainset that Hornby will be releasing next month, might grab that along with the toothpaste livered class 466 which has been promised for the last half year XD

GearJammer

Does anyone know if Hornby or Bachmann make a model of EWS 60081 in GWR Green Isambard Kingdom Brunel.

They already have fella, hornby made it for Rail Express magazine as a limited edition, i've managed to end up with two of them but one is'nt in great condition bodywork wise, i keep meaning to stick it on Ebay which if you have a look, theres usually always one for sale, but be prepared to pay £100-150 for it tho, there not cheap :(

Vulcan

Flying Scot, I wasn't accusing you of being Lazy at all. I just don't think you'd grasped what we refer to as a wishlist in this instance. Usually its a list of prototypes that arn't available already ready to run by any manufacturer, which we are too lazy to make outselves by repainting or modifying an existing model or scratch building it.

Personally if I wanted a model of something I'd try and create it myself rather then waiting in hope that Honby of Bachmann will come up with it. Hence my N gauge class 13 :D

GNER 373

My request is not for a specific model, but some features I'd like to see on modern image stock, especially multiple units.

I'd like to see operating doors, either the plug type or sliding. Yes, I know this would be fiddly and complicated, but the quality and technology of RTR stock has been improving a lot recently, and maybe this would be the next stage. Connected to this, I'd like to see (working) those orange lights on the carriage bodies which show that the doors are open - I don't know their technical name. I would imagine both the above could be achieved through DCC technology.

Finally, some attempt at a realistic looking electronic destination display, either for the front of units, or for platform passenger information displays. Having seen the tiny little displays on some portable electronic equipment such as MP3's, I can't see this being totally beyond the realm of possibility.

Maybe I'm aiming at the moon here, but I don't think any of the above are physically impossible?

I was literally only thinking about all of these points just yesterday after visiting my local Station!

I'd love to see a Class 89 'Avocet' in Intercity/GNER livery!

benwilby

i heard that bachmann got permision to build a class 22 from bombardier adn they was going to do one in midland mainline livery does anyone know about this

Vulcan

i heard that bachmann got permision to build a class 22 from bombardier adn they was going to do one in midland mainline livery does anyone know about this

The 222 was in the catalogue for both OO and N, but has gone quiet since the demise of Midland Mainline.

Status
Not open for further replies.