• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Blackpool - Manchester Electrification

Status
Not open for further replies.

absolutelymilk

Established Member
That's not between Manchester and Euxton, and the route discussed in this thread can be energised, section proved and tested without the Great Extension Lead. The GEL is only required when a timetable with electric trains actually appears, which is looking like May 2019?
Any ideas how many tph can be supported without the "GEL"?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Elecman

Established Member
I thought Catterall had been upgraded and also no longer feeds Northwards so that it’s capacity can be utilised for Euxton- Manchester?

deltic08

On Moderation
Bolton-a new mast has been fitted to the tiled wall on platform 1,both platform 5 & 1 look good to go for the wiring team with cantilever arms now swung into postion over the tracks.Photos to follow.
They might just do it but it is going to be tight.

driver_m

Established Member
Apols if I've missed whoever has posted the announcement about the OHL switch on, it has appeared in the Weekly Notices though now. To be treated as live from Oct 1 as said from Buckshaw-Euxton and both Deal St--Windsor Bridge South Jn to MG02 37 stantion and Ordsall Lane - Salford Crescent.

59CosG95

Established Member
Apols if I've missed whoever has posted the announcement about the OHL switch on, it has appeared in the Weekly Notices though now. To be treated as live from Oct 1 as said from Buckshaw-Euxton and both Deal St--Windsor Bridge South Jn to MG02 37 stantion and Ordsall Lane - Salford Crescent.
Where exactly is Stanchion MG02 37? I'm not overly familiar with the geography of Greater Manchester, I'm afraid.

Last edited:

driver_m

Established Member
Where exactly is Stanchion MG02 37? I'm not overly familiar with the geography of Greater Manchester, I'm afraid. Does this also imply Salford Central is due to be wired imminently?

It's the particular stanchion in Salford Cres. I'm presuming. I'm sure someone on here knows exactly which one it is, that's why I posted it so someone else could elaborate.

Norb

I'm assuming that there are two separately isolatable sections here in a y configuration, the long leg of the y is ordsall lane to Salford crescent, the short leg is Deal St to the Windsor Bridge South Jn to that particular stanchion, I wonder where in Salford Crescent the limit of electrification actually is

TBSchenker

I'm assuming that there are two separately isolatable sections here in a y configuration, the long leg of the y is ordsall lane to Salford crescent, the short leg is Deal St to the Windsor Bridge South Jn to that particular stanchion, I wonder where in Salford Crescent the limit of electrification actually is

There’ll be a switching stanchion somewhere to isolate smaller sections. Maybe one to keep an eye out for.

TBSchenker

Within Buckshaw Pkwy, the registration arms on the footbridge are not yet in position.

With regards to the footbridge at Buckshaw Parkway, the registration arm on the Down Bolton line has now been fixed to to the C&C. Unable to check the Up Bolton but one would like to assume both were done at the same time.

Attachments

• 957DE6D1-0205-48EE-AEFD-2794CD1B10DB.jpeg
    957DE6D1-0205-48EE-AEFD-2794CD1B10DB.jpeg
    406.6 KB · Views: 42

LDECRexile

Established Member
For the record, I visited the Salfords and Bolton today. The only difference I could see from Tuesday was that the ducting along the Victoria-bound platform at Salford Central has a wire or two in it.

No C&C wires overhead at Bolton 1 & 5 or Salford Central.

I've added TBSchenker's Buckshaw shot to his album here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127646831@N03/albums/72157668239371996

and to the Combined Volume here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127646831@N03/albums/72157661069863633

Thank you TB.

We're off to Wales first thing tomorrow, so I'll process anything sent after 22:00 today on Sunday evening. Hope it shows lots and lots!

Elecman

Established Member
One side ( Blackpool bound ) Bridge parapet on the M55 has now sprouted the triangular parapet adornment to comply with the new standard, the Preston bound side is still to be done. No action yet on the M61 Bridge

acetone

With the opening of the newly built Bus Replacement terminal at Bolton, and the erection of permanent bus replacement signs at Adlington station, does anyone truly believe a weekend service will ever run again

Magicake

It's the particular stanchion in Salford Cres. I'm presuming. I'm sure someone on here knows exactly which one it is, that's why I posted it so someone else could elaborate.

I believe it's the first structure south of Windsor Bridge itself. So it sounds like the switch on isn't quite going to reach the actual station.

driver_m

Established Member
I believe it's the first structure south of Windsor Bridge itself. So it sounds like the switch on isn't quite going to reach the actual station.

Another structure on that list is CE01 43 .Now that structure I've no idea where that would be going to/from. MG is basically Manchester - Route G (WCML is labelled as G for its duration) .CE must be Crescent to ? I know there's an explainer somewhere on t'internet . Anyone able to fill in the blank?

Trapper

it looks to me like they are energising Ordsall Lane Junction and deal street junction through to Windsor Bridge South Junction. This is presumably so the switchgear can be checked out covering the junctions.

Status
Not open for further replies.