Blokes avoiding the urinals and peeing all over the toilet seat instead. Is this a thing now ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yorksrob, 7 Sep 2019.

1. Arglwydd Golau

Arglwydd Golau Established Member

Anyone remember that in, I think, the 1980's it was customary to find, in many pubs, a few bowls of peanuts on bar counters so that you could have a nibble whilst waiting to be served, a University research department tested a number of them and, on average, found about a dozen different strains of urine....Peanuts swiftly withdrawn.
    In all my experience in the NHS we were always instructed to wash hands after using the toilet, even if there were ordinary taps.

2. Meerkat

Meerkat Established Member

Can you identify urine? I reckon that urban myth sounding story would have been about traces of faeces.

3. STEVIEBOY1

STEVIEBOY1 Established Member

Could well be both. (On an aside, apparently, some peoples mobile telephones and computer keyboards also have similar traces of both products and more so than a loos seat.)

4. cactustwirly

cactustwirly Established Member

Yes you can, it's actually very easy with the right equipment.

5. IanD

IanD Established Member

Most pubs have a tap on the bar that help you identify it - usually marked with "Fosters", "Carling", "Carlsberg" or similar.

6. Bletchleyite

Bletchleyite Veteran Member

I used to say (not that I've had it in a long time) that in any Robbie's pub the output from the urinals was directly connected to the "Best" Bitter tap. I hate, as I always said, to think what their worst bitter was like.