• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BVE4 Class 156 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wooow, that is extremely impressive! Wonderful to drive! Lol, all I will say is it sounds to me that in the dry wiper sound file there is a woman saying Dunkirk! ;)

The Snap

Established Member
Lovely unit! Welcome to RailUK Zane! (Check your PMs!) :D

Well done to all involved!

wumpty

It's a great unit Zane, a pleasure to have a little hand in helping out. Tony Haylor tells me he will have a diagram for it in the Maybank updates.

Nitro

Yep I have to agree it is the most realistic unit yet and great fun to thrash on Clarendon <D :!: :D

Simming

I wouldn't say its the most realistic, seeing as all the units that are hosted on TCS are equally brilliant. One thing that I would like the the engine sounds to be louder than the track sounds, although I dont know if that is possible?

And yea, the wipers are deffo saying dunkirk. maybe its one of these subliminal (??) messages, maybe zane was paid by the dunkirk tourist board?

Tomnick

Established Member
Brilliant unit - tried very hard but couldn't really find anything to complain about :) . One minor issue - and it could well be my fault! - there's a little strip to the left of the windscreen, right at the top, that seems to be missing, so you can see the world outside flying by through a solid cabl wall.

Well done anyway - great work :D .

The Snap

Established Member
Tomnick said:
Brilliant unit - tried very hard but couldn't really find anything to complain about :) . One minor issue - and it could well be my fault! - there's a little strip to the left of the windscreen, right at the top, that seems to be missing, so you can see the world outside flying by through a solid cabl wall.

Well done anyway - great work :D .

I had that too. I also get it on the LT1995 from TSC, but I just ingnore it. I think it is because the panel is one or two pixels smaller than 1024. ;)

Nick

Only feedback here is that apart from it being excellent there was no typical sprinter reving sound which in real life is excellent on the Class 156. This the fault of BVE? Normally the sprinter revs for a few seconds then finally moves...

Coxster

Established Member
Petty Mode: The window wiper blade should surely be lower in the centre. There appears to be a line that the blade doesn't get lower than. Also, along the top there appears to be a gap between the panel image and the top of the scteen that scenery can be seen through (at 1024*768 anyway). Otherwise it's very good Zane.

Coxster

Established Member
Nick said:
Only feedback here is that apart from it being excellent there was no typical sprinter reving sound which in real life is excellent on the Class 156. This the fault of BVE? Normally the sprinter revs for a few seconds then finally moves...
I believe a simular system is going to be included for HST thrash in the upcoming Class 43. Perhaps it could be implemented somehow?

Guinness

Established Member
So did I. Did something quite sad too.....

Maybank.jpg

One minor quibble though: What happened to the classic 156 Revving Sound? :(

AlexS

Established Member
I think it's a problem in BVE because IRL, it's attained by giving the engine a few notches of power before releasing the brake (to stop slipping). This isn't possible in BVE, and if the sound was incorporated anyway, the acceleration sounds would be out of sync with the speed.

Guinness

Established Member
AlexS said:
I think it's a problem in BVE because IRL, it's attained by giving the engine a few notches of power before releasing the brake (to stop slipping). This isn't possible in BVE, and if the sound was incorporated anyway, the acceleration sounds would be out of sync with the speed.

Worked with BVE 2 Version IIRC

Railnetwork

This rev then move was on my 156 but I think I must of removed it without noticing. The 156 doesnt really sit about anyway....unlike the 153 that does really REV! then move.

To get the best simulation when pulling use notch 4 then pause then 6.....then 7.

Most driver dont go straight into notch 7 anyway so I find it realistic.

And the gap in the cab you seem to be bothered about will be fixed in the update soon. (I normally scroll down a bit anyway, so you dont see it.)

Kind Regards,

wumpty

Coxster said:
Petty Mode: The window wiper blade should surely be lower in the centre. There appears to be a line that the blade doesn't get lower than.

Hi Damon, The wiper blades on all BVE trains move from side to side without dipping in the centre, bit of a limitation in BVE unfortunately.

Coxster

Established Member
wumpty said:
Coxster said:
Petty Mode: The window wiper blade should surely be lower in the centre. There appears to be a line that the blade doesn't get lower than.

Hi Damon, The wiper blades on all BVE trains move from side to side without dipping in the centre, bit of a limitation in BVE unfortunately.
Ah, I see Steve. Can't say I'd noticed it before now though. Must be because the trains themsleves are such good work! :D

AlexS

Established Member
The 153 has to rev because it's got a natty little engine and a big fat heavy rivetted body.

The 156 however is less fat, and the 158 is quieter still (unless you live in Wales where they have the 165/6 engines).

Simming

AlexS said:
The 156 however is less fat, and the 158 is quieter still (unless you live in Wales where they have the 165/6 engines).

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, That explains why the arriva ones down here never sounded like any other 158s. Tha explains that now then. Are wessex got any re-engined ones then?

[/OT]

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
AlexS said:

Can't say I'd known that til now! Definetly something interesting to know!

michael769

Established Member
This is a great train, but I too am finding the engine sounds a little too quiet relative to the trach sound.

The 156 engine is fairly noisy in reality.

Also what happened to the wind whistle from the BVE2 version. Most 156s tend to have a bit of whistle in the drivers cab above 60mph especially in windy weather.

Harold

I have just driven this train, Amazing work Zane, well done. :D :D :D

btw Michael769, the 156 engine only appears loud on the outside of the train and the passenger interior of the train. It doesn't appear loud in the cab.

Status
Not open for further replies.