• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 377/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

user15681

Established Member
Have any been out testing yet? When do they go into Service on the WLL? I've seen work has started at West Brompton to extend the platforms.

703/704 went out for their first run yesterday afternoon from Stewarts Lane to Dover. A couple of runs down to Dover are planned early afternoon and late evening. As for when on the WLL, I don't know, sorry.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JB25

Who is testing the trains? Obviously I don't know any Southern drivers who sign Dover.

paul1609

Established Member
There were 2X 377/7s in the Up freight Loop at Headcorn when I returned from town tonight at 17.20 not sure what they were doing there.

user15681

Established Member
There were 2X 377/7s in the Up freight Loop at Headcorn when I returned from town tonight at 17.20 not sure what they were doing there.

They were on the test runs from Stewart's Lane down to Dover and back as mentioned previously. The route they take for the afternoon working is Stewart's Lane - Denmark Hill - Nunhead - Bromley South - Swanley - Maidstone East - Ashford - Folkestone - Dover - Folkestone - Ashford - Headcorn - Paddock Wood - Orpington - Lewisham - Denmark Hill - Stewart's Lane. You saw it on its return to the depot. It arrived at Headcorn at 1656 and sat there until 1725.

Class377/5

Established Member
The testing of the 377/7's seems to be slow at the moment with last weeks and tonight's delivery paths cancelled. 703/704 aren't out on a regular basis now but no word on why.

samogers

Will the platforms on the WLL be extended to 5 car trains or will they be extended for 8 car trains?

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Will the platforms on the WLL be extended to 5 car trains or will they be extended for 8 car trains?

The latter - definitely.

The expected completion date is not yet clear, but it was quoted as May 2014 in some TfL plan or other I saw last year.

Class377/5

Established Member
The latter - definitely.

The expected completion date is not yet clear, but it was quoted as May 2014 in some TfL plan or other I saw last year.

Believe your correct hence the reason Southern is running 5/8 cars all day from May.

Domh245

Established Member
It is on the move, and has passed through derby ~3 minutes early. It just didn't register properly at Litchurch Lane

user15681

Established Member
Well 66117 went up, so I presume that brought it down.

Just seen 702 outside Stewarts Lane depot, made it down successfully.

user15681

Established Member
I had noticed yesterday that a move was timetabled from Selhurst T&R.S.M.D to Wembley Euro Freight Ops Centre, although this was changed last minute to Wembley Yard and not updated in RTT. It was booked as an EMU at 100mph, so I assumed it was 377703/704 moving up to Wembley ready for AC testing, given that they were at Selhurst. I didn't post it because I wasn't sure it was.

Turns out that it was indeed 377703/704 due to go to Wembley ready to start AC testing as 5Z54. However, it did not run this morning because there was no driver. Nothing else has been put in the system yet, it seems, but it shows 703/704 are ready for AC testing and will start soon.

Class377/5

Established Member
They were tested on the AC equipment at Selhurst over the weekend I'm told.

Minstral25

Established Member
They are expected on the West London line in May (4 units I read above). Are they on time for introduction - only a month or so to go.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
So correct me if I'm wrong gang, but these are supposed to be for the West London services (ie, South Croydon-Milton Keynes Central at present), correct? Had to ask as I've obviously missed it in the last 3 pages of this thread, and I'm planning where I need to focus on on my next London trip :)

Also, are formations known yet? Coach numbers I'm specifically after to update my books :)

Class377/5

Established Member
They are expected on the West London line in May (4 units I read above). Are they on time for introduction - only a month or so to go.

The introduction is late as they were planned to be handed over to Southern by yesterday but there is time for them to arrive and be commissioned before the May timetable change but with one of the 377/2 needed to be freed up so work can be done on the FCC 377/2 expect to see them running around next month.

So correct me if I'm wrong gang, but these are supposed to be for the West London services (ie, South Croydon-Milton Keynes Central at present), correct? Had to ask as I've obviously missed it in the last 3 pages of this thread, and I'm planning where I need to focus on on my next London trip :)

Also, are formations known yet? Coach numbers I'm specifically after to update my books :)

At least four of them will be with a single pair of 377/2 running around as an 8 car.

Number scheme has been out for months with last two numbers being he units number, ie 701 is 65201 etc.

DMSO 652XX
MSO 706XX
TSO 656XX
MSO 707XX
DMSO 654XX

Last edited:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
The introduction is late as they were planned to be handed over to Southern by yesterday but there is time for them to arrive and be commissioned before the May timetable change but with one of the 377/2 needed to be freed up so work can be done on the FCC 377/2 expect to see them running around next month.

At least four of them will be with a single pair of 377/2 running around as an 8 car.

Number scheme has been out for months with last two numbers being he units number, ie 701 is 65201 etc.

DMSO 652XX
MSO 706XX
TSO 656XX
MSO 707XX
DMSO 654XX

Clearly I'm well out of date then if the formations have been known for ages. Thanks for the gen though, shall update my books shortly :)

Established Member
Looks like WCML testing has started, there is a pair of units in Wembley this morning (don't know the numbers, sorry) which went from Stewarts Lane to Rugby and back to Wembley last night. The 05:54 from Wembley / 08:29 from Rugby trips are not running,

Class377/5

Established Member
Good news they're finally testing on AC. Guessing it should be 703/704.

Last edited:

Voyager 2093

Saw a 10 car Class 377 testing on the WCML at North Wembley today, I couldn't make out any number to identify the unit but there was a bright beam which looked as if it came from the pantograph.

user15681

Established Member
Saw a 10 car Class 377 testing on the WCML at North Wembley today, I couldn't make out any number to identify the unit but there was a bright beam which looked as if it came from the pantograph.

That'll almost certainly be 703/704 as Class377/5 says. The bright beams around the pantograph would be so that cameras could record the panto whilst AC testing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.