• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition 350 :: Voting

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 6.5%

Votes: 1 3.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 15 48.4%

Votes: 3 9.7%

Votes: 5 16.1%

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MCR247

Established Member
Finalists for me:
02 - Great photo
04 - Great artistic angle IMO
09 - Love 170 397/8 and I just like the photo aswell :D
06 - Very artistic and I love the way the background isn't really wide and the train not. Great photo whoever took it :D

Had to go with 9, but it was a hard choice :)

Teaboy1

#6 gets it for me, good foreground, whole-of-subject is in there and a superb background! Ticks all the boxes.

ps can we have a POLLING page please........?? cant see it unless Im blind!!

mumrar

Established Member
Number 6 for me, a great location (I did the Blue Pullman charters first public run there). Obviously unavoidable, but with it being a 3-car the overheads are in a right unfortunate position at each end, not very funny for the photographer I guess.

mr_moo

Personally, I think no 9 looks a bit boring. Sorry!
Overall, I'm not too impressed with any of them, apart from my own, which is brilliant! But then, I would say that... :)

Stacey

Yikes!! I'm not going to say which is mine but it'll be mega blown out of the water!! :cry:
I like number 6, really really nice, 9 ticked the boxes 'did what it said on the tin' type thing. ;)

Ferret

Established Member
I've gone for 6. Great location, great capture, just wish it had been a 2 car unit but hey - that's not the photographer's fault!

mumrar

Established Member
Personally, I think no 9 looks a bit boring. Sorry!
Overall, I'm not too impressed with any of them, apart from my own, which is brilliant! But then, I would say that... :)
I'll start the queue of people twiddling thumbs to see which shot is yours. With a statement such as that you're potentially setting yourself up to fall.

mr_moo

Don't worry - that was fairly tongue in cheek. I'm not going to win and my photo isn't that great. I'm not that big headed... :)

Aussie_Rail

I liked No 6, snow on the ground, magnificent architecture and the bright colours of the train well positioned between the snow and the Cathedral. Great work. The others were pretty good too and good effort.

Daimler

Established Member
Really tough to choose this week - turbos appear to have brought out the best in people's photography, with many excellent shots!

No. 1, for a start, is really very nice indeed - it really captures the crisp, cold light that is associated with winter photography. No. 3, too, is excellent - the composition is very attractive, what with the tree on the left hand side and hills in the distance. No. 6, too, is really nice - a terrific backdrop and nice composition. Then, of course, there's No. 9, which has been accused of being 'a bit dull' by some! I really like it, though - the lighting is top notch, composition really nice, train in an unusual livery. No. 9 it is for me!

Jordy

Established Member
Congrats to EltonRoad :)

thumb_1.JPG

01 - Jordy
02 - curly42
03 - Stacey
04 - mr_moo
05 - class156
06 - EltonRoad
07 - Dave R
08 - GB
09 - mumrar
10 - 90019

GB

Established Member
Today is Saturday is it not??? But thanks to the two people that voted for mine anyway,

Jordy

Established Member
Yes, today is Saturday - sorry I got confused. Won't reopen the voting, quite a clear winner!

Apologies for any confusion!

EltonRoad

Glad you liked it. It was taken shortly after a steam train went past. You can still see a photographer standing in the field at the bottom right. Cheers for voting.

Dave R

Thanks to those 3 people that voted for me, got to admit the 2 that beat me are pretty spectacular photos

Status
Not open for further replies.