• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dreamworlds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Established Member
Oooops. Post your dreams here guys, I seem to have lost mine, via CTRL X. Type later

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Julian G

Established Member
313s on the Cobblers ;) :P
87s and 90s to come back to the WCML
Loco hauled trains to stay forever
Pendolino to be scrapped
Southern to be extended to Birmingham New Street
Every Virgin Train to stop at Watford Junction :P
'u' and 's' signs to be scrapped
All Brighton Virgins to go via Kensington Olympia , Extend terminating Reading services to Brighton

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Nice...

I think the only change I'd make to my previously announced one is that SWT would re-instate 50-hauled services on the peak-time trains off Waterloo to Exeter and vice-versa. Loco haulage on ATW mainline runs would be desireable too.

AJP

all tugs in laudhaul black
all freight through Doncaster and Kirk Sandall(AJP Territory) 37or 60 hauled
All Gner services HSTs bring the wires down
deltics onthe Donny-Hull stoppers
all units scrapped including horrible slammers

ive now woken :(

Established Member
AJP said:
all tugs in laudhaul black
all freight through Doncaster and Kirk Sandall(AJP Territory) 37or 60 hauled
All Gner services HSTs bring the wires down
deltics onthe Donny-Hull stoppers
all units scrapped including horrible slammers

ive now woken :(

They aint horrible there great

Met Driver

Established Member
AJP said:
Are you blind! :lol:

I guess it depends what you mean by slammer. ;) If you're on about the southern 3rd rail units, I'm with feltham2104 on this... nothing comes close IMHO. They'd definitely play a major part in my ideal railway.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I agree and disagree on slammers on the Southern Region. They're great, but in some areas the Electrostars excel over their generally superior predecessors.

We've got slam-door stock down here twice-daily, much more frequently down Newport...By which I mean the HSTs of course. That's slam-door stock I can't see ever being beaten.

Waiting in some far corner of the country for a 37
Scotrail give the West Highland line an hourly 37/4 worked train each way!
47s and 86s make a come back to Cross Country
81s, 82s, 83s, 84s, 85s, 86s and 87s make a comeback to the WCML

All plastic to the scrap yard including every tug, shed and skip - bring on the proper traction! 20s, 26s, 31s, 33s, 37s and 47s

Jordy

Established Member
86242 said:
Scotrail give the West Highland line an hourly 37/4 worked train each way!
47s and 86s make a come back to Cross Country
81s, 82s, 83s, 84s, 85s, 86s and 87s make a comeback to the WCML

All plastic to the scrap yard including every tug, shed and skip - bring on the proper traction! 20s, 26s, 31s, 33s, 37s and 47s

:shock: :shock: Tugs are NOT 'Plastic' and should not be scrapped :x ;)

But i'm not saying that tugs are better than "20s, 26s, 31s, 33s, 37s and 47s" ;)

Jordy

AJP

HOW DARE YOU!! TUGS ARE BEASTS!!!!!!!!!

THEY SOUND GREAT 8)

sorry 4 caps but no one disses 60s <( :lol:

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
AJP said:

There are many good reasons for this ;)

But to be honest, I don't mind 66s. However, I would like some more variety around here.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
AJP said:
HOW DARE YOU!! TUGS ARE BEASTS!!!!!!!!!

THEY SOUND GREAT 8)

Agreed! 60s are the best thing to run down here in terms of freight! Bloody brilliant sound and clag, demonstrated by 60032 a couple of Sundays ago.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Yeah, well, tough, if it were a 37 or 60 for choices of haulage, I'd go for a 60. With the option of a 37/4 for emergency rescue should it be required.

31s, hellfire? Since when? Don't recall seeing any 31 ever running with a chance of being rated as hellfire!

Tomnick

Established Member
FGWFan said:
31s, hellfire? Since when? Don't recall seeing any 31 ever running with a chance of being rated as hellfire!
Had a few pretty good runs up the North Norfolk with 31162 :shock: . Made all the right noises anyway :) .

metrocammel

Bah Humbug!
You cant call "slammers" at all - OK I agree SR slam door stuff isnt the most aesphetically pleasing stock ever to grace the network, but look at TP 124's or 303's, they were very curvy and nice, and were still "slammers" - and if anyone dares diss a metcam, well, you better watch your back!!

I have to agree 60's are a bit plasticy, BUT... they are the best of a terrible lot EWS wise, and they are the only thing to phot - I cant bear photting sheds, they are so ugly looking and samey - but they do the job for EWS, so we are not there to complain really.

As for peds, well they are pedestrian.... need i say more? (but I will phot / bash them if they are there... as everything is rare these days.. even if it does take two weeks to get to your destination :lol: )

Jim

Established Member
Tomnick said:
FGWFan said:
Had a few pretty good runs up the North Norfolk with 31162 :shock: . Made all the right noises anyway :) .

If you had a beast driver the Wessex 1's were OK. Infact, HELLFIRE. SOme of the WSX drivers were beast :lol:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
86242 said:
So are you saying a 60 is better than a 31. :roll:

That's precisely what I'm saying. :roll:

I will concede and admit defeat with regards to the 'old' Euston, in that a couple of years ago Euston did sound much better with 87s and 90s on regular and frequent runs, not to mention the Thrashmaster drivers on the VWC HSTs. 390s and Voyagers don't provide such high quality audible entertainment, with exception to ill Voyagers, that can prove to be an interesting sight and sound. Not very often mind.

AJP

86242 said:
AJP said:
86242 said:
So are you saying a 60 is better than a 31. :roll:

Defo, 86s arent hellfire they sound like a microwave :roll:

86s and 87s sound great. Just think andremember what Euston sounded like a few years back - HELLFIRE!

I have set my micrwave for ten minutes eyes closed prentending its an 86 :roll: Hellfire :shock:

joy54.gen

- 25s, 26s, 27s, 37s and 47s return to Scotland on all mainline routes.
- All Slammers to be reinstated on the Southern Network
- 1st Gen DMUs to replace all plastic rubbish around
- All Mainline units to be scrapped and replaced by there predesscor locomotives

That would satisfy me for a fair few years.

AJP

Me? 37 defo but 60's sound like a loco is what im saying. Electrics sound like hairdryers and stuff :lol:

jd

Jeeeez... is it just me who's dreams don't involve trains?

My long-term dreams are to live with someone I love, in a place I like, with a well-paid job. It's probably unrealistic, but whatever.

AJP

Dont get me wrong I would love to see 86's and 87's back on the WCML but I prefer the sound of a good old Hellfire tug 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.