• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Exam season

Status
Not open for further replies.

me123

Established Member
Exactly! It's never fair to give some pupils an advantadge. And even one mark can mean the difference between a pass and a fail.

From the board itself? I would of said they would be the best answers you can get. ;)

In theory, yes, but there's no way of knowing those answers are necessarily correct: the paper could have been altered since they were produced, the music could be different... it's better IMO to trust your own answers.

I'd have probably informed an invigilator anyway: if I was the only candidate and didn't say anything, there would be the chance of disqualification.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rob s

I took that paper and the answers were 5% of the paper - but the bigger picture is that the paper is only 40% of the total GCSE, so it may not be that crucial in the end.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I took that paper and the answers were 5% of the paper - but the bigger picture is that the paper is only 40% of the total GCSE, so it may not be that crucial in the end.

40%? I'm sure it only used to be about 25% for OCR music! :lol:

rob s

I took that paper and the answers were 5% of the paper - but the bigger picture is that the paper is only 40% 25% of the total GCSE, so it may not be that crucial in the end.

Sorry, I meant 25%, the 40% included the Terminal Task. It's a good exam as it's 60% coursework!

me123

Established Member
Strange percentages: we had 25% Performance, 25% Listening, 25% Composition and 25% SSM (Student Selected Module). The SSM was either MIDI, another performance, accompanying, arranging, direction and so on.

Then at AH, we had a disertation that was worth another 20% (so it was split equally among 5 modules).

Lesjordans

Oh goodness Higher Physics was quite difficult today! One or two questions no one had a clue how to do :|

me123

Established Member
AH Bio is on Tuesday for me. Only 2h30 at least and just the one 15 marker essay.

vc-10

Oh goodness Higher Physics was quite difficult today! One or two questions no one had a clue how to do :|

I agree. Haven't been having much luck, always choosing the wrong boards! Had a difficult M1 paper the day before for maths too...

me123

Established Member
It was all the silly plant stuff that was worst TBH: the "medicine" part (CVD and NIDDM) was actually quite easy.

Lesjordans

Maths, english and physics didnt feel like solid A passes so im considering dentistry instead now...I hate exams :(

Accounts was a bloody disaster, I picked the wrong optional question and half way through discovered i couldnt do it, so thats 40 marks down the drain!! No way I got an A for that considering the rest of my paper wasn't brill!

Modern studies tomorrow and the 4 essays in 1h30m!!

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
What's coming up tomorrow then? I've got good old history :roll:

me123

Established Member
I never have to do that again :D (sorry if I'm rubbing it in!)

D306

Established Member
There was one question on the EDEXCEL paper about pentagons (Q6 IIRC) and all I want to know is what the **** it's about

FusionRail

Had maths today, and engineering, and electronics.

Engineering was a straight fail as i couldnt possibly get a G with 120% :D

I think the others were ok, (my calculator has lots of hidden handy functions - it builds graphs and tables for you, and works out equations too <D)

Not a clue what it is tomorrow, spose id better find out <(

mbonwick

Established Member
Well. Where do I start. (These are internal school exams...Grammar school)

Spanish oral today - bloody mess. 20/32

From Wednesday onwards - 3 exams a day for a week.

Then couple of weeks doing nothing, then work experience.

vc-10

Maths C1/C2 this morning. I think I aced C2, but not 100% convinced... :D Got 3x Economics on Wednesday, which I'm dreading!

Status
Not open for further replies.