• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Great Western - Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

CreamODcrop

Popcorn in the buffet these days is salted and sweet, but sadly they don't do the Full of **** version anymore so you're plumb out of luck

Was that you who served me popcorn and white mocha on way to Penzance
Do you remember tall, dark haired good looking.

When I pass out remember white mocha when ur bringing me my coffee.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

G136GREYHOUND

Is white mocha with white chocolate or is the white the milk ?

He probably knows more than you about coffee seeing as his only job was work experience at Costa
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Was that you who served me popcorn and white mocha on way to Penzance
Do you remember tall, dark haired good looking.

When I pass out remember white mocha when ur bringing me my coffee.

You clearly don't read you great floppy welly top of a c u n t

God help you with the rule book, it's more complex than the Beano, anyway, enough of your utter ballox, I'm off to work, to drive a real train, in the dark have a fun night CreamODcrAp

Last edited:

CreamODcrop

He probably knows more than you about coffee seeing as his only job was work experience at Costa

You clearly don't read you great floppy welly top of a c u n t

God help you with the rule book, it's more complex than the Beano, anyway, enough of your utter ballox, I'm off to work, to drive a real train, in the dark have a fun night CreamODcrAp

Enjoy your driving hope to handover to you in the future. Yeah well spotted it's dark out.

I'll be fine with the rules thank you prob know as much you already sunshine :)
Finally some real railway terminology

Proper rough and ready railway man grrrrr... Aspire I wouldn't suggest.
LOL, I need more popcorn ! And I have 20 years of train driving under my belt, you haven't got past the first 20 seconds yet, M15 ! jesus, just when you thought this forum was becoming boring it's become funnier than two monkeys masturbating in a cage
How would I know your still driving could be taken off operational incidents. :)
Do you know what, hand on heart Mi5is true. Few years ago though.
Popcorn in the buffet these days is salted and sweet, but sadly they don't do the Full of **** version anymore so you're plumb out of luck

Oh with regards to safety critical communication you just failed. In that case you should of repeated the message back using the correct protocol. Sorry saw this a little late.

Last edited:

387star

On Moderation
Enjoy your driving hope to handover to you in the future. Yeah well spotted it's dark out.

I'll be fine with the rules thank you prob know as much you already sunshine :)

Proper rough and ready railway man grrrrr... Aspire I wouldn't suggest.

How would I know your still driving could be taken off operational incidents. :)
Do you know what, hand on heart Mi5is true. Few years ago though.

Oh with regards to safety critical communication you just failed. In that case you should of repeated the message back using the correct protocol. Sorry saw this a little late.

Why did you want to become a train driver?

What is your current job?

CreamODcrop

Why did you want to become a train driver?

What is your current job?

Because I wanted a long rewarding career getting passengers safely to their destinations on a daily basis. Plus it's a financially stable career with amazing benefits.

Hairdresser ;)

387star

On Moderation
Because I wanted a long rewarding career getting passengers safely to their destinations on a daily basis. Plus it's a financially stable career with amazing benefits.

Hairdresser ;)

An interesting career path :lol:

What made you think you could learn the rules so quick?

CreamODcrop

Did you find it hard to answer the structured interview wih your hairdresser experience?

I am experienced in life previous occupations include Internet, Management and Law Enforcment.

Once you've applied law and mi5 you become used to competency based questions.

387star

On Moderation
I am experienced in life previous occupations include Internet, Management and Law Enforcment.

Once you've applied law and mi5 you become used to competency based questions.

How come no start date then?

Are you going to be based at bristol reading or paddington?

455driver

Veteran Member
Well that all went a bit weird for a bit didn't it? Has (s)he gone yet?

Nope, it appears the MODs are quite happy for this troll to try and wind the rail staff up!
Pity it isn't allowed to be reciprocated though isn't it!

CreamODcrop

Nope, it appears the MODs are quite happy for this troll to try and wind the rail staff up!
Pity it isn't allowed to be reciprocated though isn't it!

Well that's not true because would have to ban almost half the people replying,
As much much worse.

Hey just because people don't like the way it's written.

Last edited:

oxoneil

How come no start date then?

Are you going to be based at bristol reading or paddington?

There are other depots ;)
So given how there has been quite a long gap now since the last course and they sent the email out asking if we wanted to remain in the process I wonder how many people are actually "on hold" now?

I often wonder how many people are waiting who just don't come on here, 10, 30, 50????

kaine19

I was quickly scanning this. Seen a post about how long your test stay valid for. I was at a stage 2 assessment recently with TPE. Passed and waiting for DMI now. The woman mentioned it was 3 years valid for but that includes your training which is a year.

455driver

Veteran Member
I was quickly scanning this. Seen a post about how long your test stay valid for. I was at a stage 2 assessment recently with TPE. Passed and waiting for DMI now. The woman mentioned it was 3 years valid for but that includes your training which is a year.

No it doesn't, you can start training with one day left on your validity!

The pass remains valid for up to 5 years, most TOCs go for 2 or 3 years provided you have not suffered any major life events in that time, and no I don't know exactly what they mean by that either!

kaine19

Am just repeating what the tester told a guy on my assessment he passed 18 months ago but had sit stage 2 again as if he started training in April for TPE he would be out of date....

455driver

Veteran Member
Oh you are talking about TPE on a thread titled First Great Western- trainee drivers, hence my confusion!

For some reason TPE have always classed themselves as something 'special'! :roll:

kaine19

I no. I was just scanning through having a look and noticed the 3 year bit and with it been first I thought maybe the same. I did say I was at a assessment with TPE lol

Status
Not open for further replies.