• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

richw

Veteran Member
hearing several rumours McLeish has walked out at forest over the George Boyd farce today. Peterborough chairman is rather angered by it all as well. Apparently he passed all the medicals and then failed an eye test. Forest chairman pulled out of deal over the eye test,
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Stoke City have made a late move for him.

up to 3.5 million, some of which has performance requirements involved

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
hearing several rumours McLeish has walked out at forest over the George Boyd farce today. Peterborough chairman is rather angered by it all as well. Apparently he passed all the medicals and then failed an eye test. Forest chairman pulled out of deal over the eye test,

Surely an eye test is a medical procedure.

*******************************************************************************************

Oldham Athletic ended up with three loan signings to aid their annual fight against relegation from League 1....

Lee Barnard.....ex Southampton
Jordan Obita... ex Reading
Chris Iwelumo...ex Watford

Last edited:

ACE1888

The transfer window closed and our squad (until at least the summer) remains in tact for the 'tilt' at the Last 16 of the Champions League. Now onto the subject of David Beckham...I not a fan of him whatsoever, overrated and attention seeking at it's worst, just leave it alone<( If it had been anyone else, fine, but honourable as it appears to give away his wages to charity, with him and that bl**dy Mrs of his, there is always another motive, trust him to 'hijack' 'Harry Redknapp Day'. Enough said.

Butts

Veteran Member
Apparently there was a banner at The Emirates the other night in the Liverpool supporters section saying....

"Is Football still a working class sport" - alluding to the £62 charged for the away fans to attend the match between Arsenal and Liverpool.

I wonder how the 22 Millionaires on the pitch would respond to that ?????

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I wouldn't say the likes of that Liverpool youngster Wisdom (his forename escapes me) were millionaires Butts, unless you know otherwise as you seem confident with that 22 figure. Perhaps the ref was a millionaire in compensation?

Butts

Veteran Member
I wouldn't say the likes of that Liverpool youngster Wisdom (his forename escapes me) were millionaires Butts, unless you know otherwise as you seem confident with that 22 figure. Perhaps the ref was a millionaire in compensation?

Perhaps not.....:oops: but the multi-millionaires in both teams would comfortably drag the average above the million :p

richw

Veteran Member
Half of the Liverpool team are still on youth contracts, the highest of which are on around 2k a week. Although in not sure how many of the younger players started against arsenal.

SS4

Established Member
I'm sorry but I do have to laugh at the current state of Villa. Beaten over two legs by Bradford, beaten in the FA Cup by Millwall, another league loss at home :D

It all went downhill when Houllier was appointed and got worse when the ginger BCFC spy went to Villa :D

If you don't laugh you'd cry :lol:. If you want to talk about the current state of the Villa it's how we defend set pieces. Or rather how we don't defend set pieces. We're going to be in a relegation battle as long as Lerner refuses to make funds available.

Speaking of BCFC any update on the takeover? A lot of the Blues fans I hear/work with think Clark is not the right choice for the club and you're haemorrhaging money with Zigic.
Please can we have -10 minutes of injury time at Goodison?

SS4

Established Member
Conceded in Fergie time <(

Seriously, what the smeg does this ref have against us? Doesn't send Bruce Lee Osman off and gives an inexplicable six minutes injury time :roll:

CC 72100

Established Member
If you don't laugh you'd cry :lol:. If you want to talk about the current state of the Villa it's how we defend set pieces. Or rather how we don't defend set pieces. We're going to be in a relegation battle as long as Lerner refuses to make funds available.

Speaking of BCFC any update on the takeover? A lot of the Blues fans I hear/work with think Clark is not the right choice for the club and you're haemorrhaging money with Zigic.
Please can we have -10 minutes of injury time at Goodison?

Unlucky. Late equaliser, still in indicated added time though. Lot of goals this afternoon, looking forward to MOTD tonight. Hope Man Utd can continue in the same vein of form putting a couple past the cottagers later.
Conceded in Fergie time <(

Nah, normal added time is not Fegie time. Extra past the indicated added time would be Fergie time.

SS4

Established Member
Unlucky. Late equaliser, still in indicated added time though. Lot of goals this afternoon, looking forward to MOTD tonight. Hope Man Utd can continue in the same vein of form putting a couple past the cottagers later.

Nah, normal added time is not Fegie time. Extra past the indicated added time would be Fergie time.

Yeah that's true I admit. Where he got six minutes from is still beyond me.

SS4

Established Member
Would have taken a point from Everton before the game though. Pity other results didn't go our way though.

Butts

Veteran Member
Would have taken a point from Everton before the game though. Pity other results didn't go our way though.

You did well today, but Reading and Newcastle winning was a bit of a choker:oops:

Still your better off than QPR.

Ferret

Established Member
I messaged my mate when Everton scored their second to say there'd be an 89th minute corner to Everton, and you know the rest. What happens? A 93rd minute corner and we knew the rest. Why can the coaches and Lambert not organise a defence to stop conceding from set pieces. Elementary mistakes time and time again deserve relegation.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Were Villa trying to recreate the Battle of Santiago this afternoon? How is it even possible to concede the number of fouls they did in 90 mins?!

familyguy99

Oldham lost again today to Walsall 3-1 :( the only good news is Lee Barnard score the goal for Oldham in his debut.

It also worse as Bury, Colchester and Shrewsbury all won mean Latics are only point clear to Bury who are now in 21st in table, only good thing was Scunthorpe lost to Crewe but still they are point behide Latics in table.

Bottom 7 in League One table

18: Shrewsbury - 34 points
19: Colchester - 29 points
20: OLDHAM - 27 points
21: Bury - 26 points
22: Scunthorpe - 26 points
23: Portsmouth - 21 points (but still need to take -10 off them)
24: Hartlepool - 19 points

One facts for all of u today is that Leeds, Luton, MK Dons and Oldham and Brentford as they draw 2-2 against Cheslea was cup upset last weekend, all of them teams lost today. :o

SS4

Established Member
Were Villa trying to recreate the Battle of Santiago this afternoon? How is it even possible to concede the number of fouls they did in 90 mins?!

Yet it was an Everton man who should have seen red.

I've not seen any highlights so can't make too many comments but could be anything from fouls given which would normally be overlooked to us being dirty. It cannot continue lest we get tarred as dirty and, as I'm sure balne-warrior will testify, it's all but impossible to lose that tag regardless of how clean you are.
We need to learn how to defend set pieces urgently though. We're ok up front, especially having kept Benteke but leaking far too many goals.

richw

Veteran Member
Yet it was an Everton man who should have seen red.

I've not seen any highlights so can't make too many comments but could be anything from fouls given which would normally be overlooked to us being dirty. It cannot continue lest we get tarred as dirty and, as I'm sure balne-warrior will testify, it's all but impossible to lose that tag regardless of how clean you are.
We need to learn how to defend set pieces urgently though. We're ok up front, especially having kept Benteke but leaking far too many goals.

Villa looked like they had been watching the Rugby for inspiration. God knows how you kept 11 players on the field!

familyguy99

Floodlight failure at Craven Cottage ....any truth in this....or is one of my sons "winding me up" with one of his "prank" telephone calls again...<(

^^ Could only happen to Man Utd as is twice it happened to them know (Braga in Champion League)

Could the ref call it half time and bring players back on for Second half ?

EM2

Established Member
^^ Could only happen to Man Utd as is twice it happened to them know (Braga in Champion League)

Could the ref call it half time and bring players back on for Second half ?
Happened to West Ham against Wimbledon, and I *think* its happened at Craven Cottage before too.
It's rare but not unknown.