• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Butts

Veteran Member
... means nothing nowaday unfortunately.
If you are sacked, you are sacked. Manu have plenty of dosh to pay him off in that case.

Precisely - will he be on less than a MILLION POUNDS per year, I doubt it, that could be one healthy payoff.

Rafa has coined five or six million from Liverpool and Inter in recent years.

Even lowly Blackburn are paying out Millions to Berg.

Ed Millibands mantra "tax Cuts for millionaires" certainly applies to these individuals :idea:

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Leicester City 1...Watford 0

David Nugent decided to score his first goal in many games in the 82nd minute to give Leicester City a slender lead to take forward to the second leg.

Now the pressure is all on Watford. I would take a bet given some good odds.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
The other match, played later today, between Crystal Palace and Brighton, will be one that a certain former Blackpool manager of Bristolian heritage might be giving some thought to as a result of the form that has been shown by Crystal Palace over the last two months.

ACE1888

Good Luck to David Moyes at Manchester United, deserves a Top job.
WTF is Rooney on about this time??? Getting as bad as Beckham for 'attention seeking' :oops: If the club have got any sense, they'll get him on his bike ASAP (Another modern day footballer believing his own 'hype') :roll:

jon0844

Veteran Member
Once players believe their own hype and play for themselves rather than a team, it's time for them to go for the greater good of the whole club.

Sure, there are the amazing moments but for a lot of the time they become a liability.

They can simply go and play for England where they'll fit right in.

Liam

Established Member
Why are you so sure he'll be sacked...?

If he is succesful he won't be. If. Success at Manchester United is different to success at any other club in England. Manchester United expect league wins and expect to compete in Europe, every season. One bad season and it's a failure and the manager gets most of the blame. By the way, what is Moyes' European record like? Pressure is on Moyes' from the start. Unless he matches Ferguson's acheivements he will be seen as a failure.

The average term for a manager in England now is less than 18 months. Manchester United are no different to any other club, if the manager isn't acheiving what the club thinks he should be, then he will be replaced.

I actually think he will get 3 or 4 years. But he probably needs to win 2 of the next 3 titles to be seen as a success.

gazzak

Now the pressure is all on Watford. I would take a bet given some good odds.

Watched it on SKY last night and just as I said "Watford are dominating the game now", Leicester scored!

I've got my tickets for Sunday's 2nd leg but I expect Leicester to go through as I think they'll score at least 1, and I can't see us scoring 2.

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
The other match, played later today, between Crystal Palace and Brighton, will be one that a certain former Blackpool manager of Bristolian heritage might be giving some thought to as a result of the form that has been shown by Crystal Palace over the last two months.

Stream errrr I mean $ky subscription at the ready lol...Come on Seagulls!

adtrainz

A bit worried now, Murray in a possibly season-ending knee twist with no like-for-like replacement. Just as we were building up momentum as well.

Holloway needs to rethink his tactics for Monday, even if we only win by 1 scrappy goal it will be excellent.

I have faith in the Palace. Come on you Eagles!

SS4

Established Member
Touch a Chelsea player. Go straight into the referee's book.

I'll take this 1-0 although with our defensive frailties we really need a second goal
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
As usual Terry is still on the pitch despite clearly committing two bookable offences. :roll:

Lee Mason will send off one of our players, mark my words

Butts

Veteran Member
Touch a Chelsea player. Go straight into the referee's book.

I'll take this 1-0 although with our defensive frailties we really need a second goal
As usual Terry is still on the pitch despite clearly committing two bookable offences. :roll:

Lee Mason will send off one of our players, mark my words

"I'll take this" - I bet you will :roll:

Looks like Lee Mason wasn't listening as he has sent Ramires off :p

SS4

Established Member
Lee Mason's shirt today (it's the chelsea away kit)
chelsea-away-12-13.jpg

SS4

Established Member
"I'll take this" - I bet you will :roll:

Looks like Lee Mason wasn't listening as he has sent Ramires off :p

and didn't send Terry off

edit: a foul on Weimann in the first half was worthy of a second yellow
Lampard....1-1 and Benteke off you were right :oops:

Why is it not on Five Live or Talk Sport ?

It's not on 5Live? I'm listening to BBC WM, at least they admit they're biased ;)

Looks like I'll be supporting Arsenal in midweek

Last edited:

Butts

Veteran Member
and didn't send Terry off

edit: a foul on Weimann in the first half was worthy of a second yellow

It's not on 5Live? I'm listening to BBC WM, at least they admit they're biased ;)

Looks like I'll be supporting Arsenal in midweek

On Five Live now :p
That goal by Lampard was a record-equalling 202 goal for Chelsea.

SS4 is "bricking it" in case he decides to add to his tally and break the record today defeating Villa in the process :lol:

SS4

Established Member
SS4 is "bricking it" in case he decides to add to his tally and break the record today defeating Villa in the process :lol:

Damn right I am. One always gets very nervous supporting the Villa :lol:

Phew. Cleared off the line, see what I mean Butts :p
Hahaha, Terry gets what's coming to him.

Butts

Veteran Member
Damn right I am. One always gets very nervous supporting the Villa :lol:

Phew. Cleared off the line, see what I mean Butts :p
Hahaha, Terry gets what's coming to him.

From what I SAW on the radio it was definitely over the line by Cahill :lol:

Terry may miss The Euro Final on Wednesday !!!

42,084 Good Crowd !!!

SS4

Established Member
From what I SAW on the radio it was definitely over the line by Cahill :lol:

Terry may miss The Euro Final on Wednesday !!!

42,084 Good Crowd !!!

About time we had some good luck! Hopefully this is the sort of thing goal line technology will solve.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Villa 'fans' jeering Terry when he went off are absolute scum. No matter how much you dislike a player you never mock their pain. If it is as bad as it sounds, he may not play again this calendar year, never mind on Wednesday. He ain't getting younger and severe damage to ligaments can end a career. Well done Lampard btw.

SS4

Established Member
Villa 'fans' jeering Terry when he went off are absolute scum. No matter how much you dislike a player you never mock their pain. If it is as bad as it sounds, he may not play again this calendar year, never mind on Wednesday. He ain't getting younger and severe damage to ligaments can end a career. Well done Lampard btw.

Indeed. Hope he's ok.
Smeg.

Come on Arsenal

SS4

Established Member
Lampard 2-1 <D

And the amount of injury time has just been halved no doubt.

I wonder what Matt has to say about the Chelsea fans invading the pitch?

Idiot Chelsea - there are seven minutes because your fans and your players have delayed proceedings.

SS4

Established Member
You'll be ok still - Wigan will be obliterated in your final game ;)

I'd rather Arsenal get one/three points in midweek against Wigan. Without Benteke we'll struggle to score.

I wasn't expecting anything from this game to be honest but we've given a decent account of ourselves.

Perhaps, 45 minutes late, Chelsea will finally be down to nine men if Hazard has to go off?