• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wivenswold

Established Member
Even though I'm a Gooner, I want them to beat City. Real football clubs over plastic ones, every time.

Haywain

Veteran Member
There will be a good few Eastleigh and Newport County fans rooting for a Manchester United win this evening.

brad465

Established Member
Three men have won the World Cup as both player and manager

Zagalo died on saturday

Beckenbauer died today

I wonder how Didier Deschamps is feeling?!?
Slightly nervous?
There is a tweet that I posted on here about this before both of you, but as the tweet had unsuitable language it got deleted. It was posted by user Neil Gibbons.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Wigan 0 Man Utd 2. A game of missed chances by United, should have bagged a lot more!
Sounds very much like the Arsenal goal attempts against Liverpool last night, especially in the first half.

This time the 2-0 scoreline was repeated, but with a different winner. 33 shots, only 14 on target, but only 2 goals and one of these came from the penalty spot.

Last edited:

Purple Train

Established Member
Sounds very much like the Arsenal goal attempts against Liverpool last night, especially in the first half.

This time the 2-0 scoreline was repeated, but with a different winner. 33 shots, only 14 on target, but only 2 goals and one of these came from the penalty spot.
At least they weren't quite as deserving of the "couldn't hit a cow's backside with a saucepan" line as Cardiff City playing against Sheffield Wednesday... 22 shots against 12, 9 on target against 6, 10 corners against 4, two penalties, and a 4-0 loss!

Possibly West Bromwich Albion v Wolverhampton Wanderers in The Emirates FA Cup 4th Round Proper, if my side win our Replay v Brentford next win.

And knowing we played rather well with 10 men for 81 mins plus stoppages, makes me confident of progress against both sides - even if a Black Country Derby will forever make me nervous!

Harvester

Established Member
EFL Cup SF 1st leg….Middlesborough 1 Chelsea 0. Chelsea‘s missed chances hand Boro a one goal 2nd leg advantage.

Ivor

Originally Balham & now The West Sussex Coastway
EFL Cup SF 1st leg….Middlesborough 1 Chelsea 0. Chelsea‘s missed chances hand Boro a one goal 2nd leg advantage.
As a Chelsea fan I am fed up week in week out with the lack of effort & desire whoever we are playing, the same few show some fight, the majority couldn’t care less.

Fans can take losing games if your team are not good enough but walk away thinking “we gave it a real go” that’s becoming a distant memory.

Seen some great CFC teams & some very poor past 60 years attending but this current outfit is the worse I’ve seen & don’t start me on the obscene spend :s

DarloRich

Veteran Member
As a Chelsea fan I am fed up week in week out with the lack of effort & desire whoever we are playing, the same few show some fight, the majority couldn’t care less.
great to see a club like Chelsea get turned over on a cold, wet night in the north east. They just didn't fancy it.

Seen some great CFC teams & some very poor past 60 years attending but this current outfit is the worse I’ve seen
Really? worse than when you were in the second division?

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Definitely, that team wasn’t good enough granted but I never criticised their effort, really most of this current lot ‘refuse’ to dig in & ‘fight for the badge’ to use a cliche.
I don't rate the manager either.

Also if you think you have seen bad I will have seen much, much worse ;)

75A

Established Member
Interesting to see that Everton's Dominic Calvert-Lewin has had his sending off against the Palace rescinded by the F.A. on appeal.
The referee on the day (Chris Kavanagh) was happy enough with the tackle but was summoned to the dreaded pitchside monitor by Michael Salisbury the VAR and as ever the red card followed.

SteveM70

Established Member
Interesting to see that Everton's Dominic Calvert-Lewin has had his sending off against the Palace rescinded by the F.A. on appeal.
The referee on the day (Chris Kavanagh) was happy enough with the tackle but was summoned to the dreaded pitchside monitor by Michael Salisbury the VAR and as ever the red card followed.

It's a tough one I think. DCL was very high with his challenge and had all his studs showing, but only caught the defender a glancing blow. So the consequences of his tackle probably don't fit the criteria for a red card, but the actions (late, high, not in control) probably do.

One thing I do suspect, though, is that in the VAR era the on-pitch ref is (whether deliberately or not) more likely to err on the side of caution and take lesser action, knowing there's a VAR safety net. Conversely, the VARs seem keen to get involved more

Haywain

Veteran Member
One thing I do suspect, though, is that in the VAR era the on-pitch ref is (whether deliberately or not) more likely to err on the side of caution and take lesser action, knowing there's a VAR safety net. Conversely, the VARs seem keen to get involved more
I'm in complete agreement with you but I still find it a concern that so many people (referees?) have to be involved at the various stages to reach a final decision. And in the process they, of course, undermine any theory that the referee on the field was ever right.

Norm_D_Ploom

great to see a club like Chelsea get turned over on a cold, wet night in the north east. They just didn't fancy it.

I thought Mbro deserved the victory, they had a game plan and executed it very well.

I like the look of Hayden Hackney. Only seen him 3 or 4 times but he looks as if he can play for a better standard of team than Mbro.

Very glad he chose to change allegiance to England.

Fans can take losing games if your team are not good enough but walk away thinking “we gave it a real go” that’s becoming a distant memory.

Seen some great CFC teams & some very poor past 60 years attending but this current outfit is the worse I’ve seen & don’t start me on the obscene spend :s
But realistically, Chelsea are where they always were before the financial doping, inconsistent mid table with the odd decent cup run.

Last edited:

1D54

I thought Mbro deserved the victory, they had a game plan and executed it very well.

I like the look of Hayden Hackney. Only seen him 3 or 4 times but he looks as if he can play for a better standard of team than Mbro.

Very glad he chose to change allegiance to England.

But realistically, Chelsea are where they always were before the financial doping, inconsistent mid table with the odd decent cup run.
But qualified for the Champions League at the end of the season before the so called financial doping took place.