• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Forum Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueFox

At my age , I don't take to change easily.
I have noticed that date, month and year of posting is missing. I trust this will be corrected?

If you're on a PC, above and to the left of the latest posts will say "x minutes ago". Hover your mouse pointer over that, and it will show the full date and time.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Domh245

Established Member
I've noticed that it now appears to save drafts of your message in the reply box - handy if you're on a unreliable connection!

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I'm starting to get used to it now, although when I first looked at it I thought I had the wrong pair of glasses on (and I don't even wear glasses).
Everyone seems to be saying it's much better so I'll put my faith in their superior knowledge and say thanks for all the work you guys must have done this week.

BlueFox

I had added some images to this forum page, but alas since the move these images are no longer visible

http://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/lifts-and-escalators.145854/page-5

The images are hosted by me on my website.

The images are now going via a proxy, which is needed if for the site to appear secure to browsers. That can cause problems, but it looks like your images are appearing now, if you're talking about the ones in this post - http://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/lifts-and-escalators.145854/page-4#post-2997127

TUC

Established Member
It looks good. However, like several others, I've lost access to Forum Events and to the Fares and Routing Exchange private forum (which I know isn't the right name but the correct one has bizarrely gone out of my head).

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Still working on the right permissions. It's proving more complex and less logical than hoped!

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Echoing what several others are saying, the font is far too large.

I am also having the issue mentioned up the thread that the semaphores aren't changing when I've clicked on them having read what I want to in each sub forum.

Would also like the time in 24 hour format - this is, after all, a railway forum... :smile:

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator

I am also having the issue mentioned up the thread that the semaphores aren't changing when I've clicked on them having read what I want to in each sub forum.

Would also like the time in 24 hour format - this is, after all, a railway forum... :smile:

The mark forums read option is now in the top left hand corner. It will prompt you to mark the current section or all forums as read

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Ah... thank you... so it does; pity it doesn't give me an option to mark certain sections - the ones I never read - before I go and read the others.

Starmill

Veteran Member
There are no posts in that thread from this morning. The last post was last night.
Oh. It said 1049 which made me think it was the morning. A move to 24 Hour Clock for that would be very much appreciated!

Taunton

Established Member
Who decided to mess about with what previously worked?

All my saved links are lost. Login lost. And I can't find any equivalent to showing my subscribed threads. I guess it's here somewhere. But I'm blowed if I can see it.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator

All my saved links are lost. Login lost. And I can't find any equivalent to showing my subscribed threads. I guess it's here somewhere. But I'm blowed if I can see it.

Subscribed threads are now watched threads in the top left hand corner.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator

The previous software worked barely and required increasing amounts of time to maintain by the volunteer Staff Team and offered less and less functionality compared to more modern software.

And I can't find any equivalent to showing my subscribed threads. I guess it's here somewhere. But I'm blowed if I can see it.

Subscriptions are now known as 'Watched' click on 'Watched Threads' at the top of the page and you will find it.

Trainfan344

Established Member
I'm liking the new style, It's user friendly and very simple to use. Having same issues as others where if I click on a thread title from the list in a subforum, then it takes me to the front page of that thread, luckily there is the First Unread Button which does this!

higthomas

Thanks for the hard work, still unsure about the new format, but I'm sure I will with time.
My only issue so far is that on my android phone, I have difficulty accessing subforums. Basically in portrait I have to go onto the forums, and then click through to the subforum, there being no link from the home page. In landscape I have to go from a drop down. Not a massive issue, but adds to time taken to get there and it also makes sub forums a bit less visible.

Kite159

Veteran Member
The mark forums read option is now in the top left hand corner. It will prompt you to mark the current section or all forums as read
Although on chrome on my tablet the option is hidden away on that menu bar underneath '...' so isn't quite as user friendly to fast mark all threads read in certain areas where only a few threads increase me

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
I found that the "first unread" feature was putting me back much further. I've read elsewhere that this will be fixed over time, but I've just marked everything as read for now. As and when threads are added to, it's probably slightly easier to scroll back a few posts and pick up from where I left off.

Overall, it's looking quite good. The proof of the pudding will be when I have a look at the forum at 1.05am - will I be told that the forum is too busy? :)

Starmill

Veteran Member
Why remove it? It saves writing a response when when all one wants to do is agree:s

There are lots of reasons why and I notice this is the umpteenth post on the subject in this thread!

Instead of getting into it all here, if anyone really wants to have this debate again, why not create a new thread for it?

gavin

Font size looks spot on to me

Starmill

Veteran Member
There are lots of reasons why and I notice this is the umpteenth post on the subject in this thread!

Instead of getting into it all here, if anyone really wants to have this debate again, why not create a new thread for it?
+

Starmill

Veteran Member
If you agree with a post completely, and don't have anything to add or want to write a response, you could simply reply like that.

That is very different to a 'Like' function in terms of the overall effect on the thread.

MisterT

Congratulations on the upgrade! :)
I apologize if it was asked before, but is it possible to re-enable Tapatalk on this forum?
This is now the only forum I follow, that I can't open with the Tapatalk app :'(
It would be great to have that option back :)

snowball

Established Member
Is it, or will it be, possible to search within a thread? I used to use that feature moderately often.

Status
Not open for further replies.