• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand Theft Auto V

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCR247

Established Member
I've heard the 24th May is when it'll be released...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hydro

Established Member

For Xbox no doubt. For those of us with PC rigs it'll probably be 24th August...2013.

As much as I love Rockstar and the GTA series, the ridiculous release date disparity between console and PC versions is an utter joke. Especially when the eventual PC release is a badly ported, poorly optimised version (GTA 4).

deltic1989

Established Member

Great it can be my son's "Birthday present" (or thats what i'll tell the mrs). Seriously though GTA has to be for me the single best game franchise in history. I've played every single one (even the top down ones). I have to say i loved San Andreas, my favorite thing to do was play chicken in the "no fly zone" and blowing up trucks through my shocking driving. Hopefully if they do all of San Andreas in GTA5 the Brown Streak will make a re-appearence (always loved the way the coaches flew 3 miles when you de-railed it).
I hope that the on-line play improves over GTA IV though because that was a bit poor. Can't wait for this though the trailer looks amazing.

GB

Established Member
San Andreas is the state Los Santos is based in...cant have one without the other but yes, looks to be just the one city and surrounding areas.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
So, 51 weeks of anticipation, rumours and impatience have been rewarded by Game in Brighton leaking unseen advertisement posters onto Twitter today, proclaiming the release date to be spring 2013, now confirmed by Rockstar themselves. See http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/45951/grand-theft-auto-v-is-coming-spring-2013.html (slightly inappropriate image in the link; NSFW as always).

The time is almost upon us people. Get in!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Pre-orders are being taken from 5 November, and please note only Xbox 360 and PS3 are confirmed thus far!

chris89

Established Member
I imagine PC release will be around 6 months after going by GTA 4.

Depending if brother gets it on 360 if i attempt to steal it off him for a short period of time.

Game Informer is supposed to be having a large article about it for the December Issue.

Chris

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
GTA what a game, better than Fifa and COD. I first played vice city about 7 years ago when I was 7!!!! I found it in my dads wardrobe and I still don't know what it was doing there.

The best GTA is san andreas by far. The big map and planes it was excellent. GTA III was crap and liberty city but I have the whole collection up to Vice city stories on PS2 I had a bit of money about 2 years ago and brought GTA SA from the Xbox live store for 1200 points. Well worth it but completed it within a day and a half. Gta4 is ok as well with the graphics and that but it' s dire and boring once the missions are done.

Im deffo pre ordering GTA V

Last edited:

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I will be pre-ordering soon, I made the mistake of not doing with GTA:IV and San Andreas and it mean't I had to run around all over the place trying to find a copy - without success in the case of GTA:IV.

I just hope that they've got the balance right this time between the fun elements and the 'grittyness' of GTA:IV - there always has to be that element, but I felt that IV pushed it a bit too far into the 'serious' for a GTA game.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Rumours on Facebook and various gaming sites tonight suggest that the map for GTA 5 will be bigger than GTA San Andreas and Red Dead Redemption combined :shock:

In other official news and second trailer (and more details) is due out on Wednesday.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Can't wait for the next trailer. The current issue of Game Informer has a feature on GTAV with some interesting details, I'm not through the article yet but I'm excited for some of the new features already. It apparently has three playable characters!

I can’t believe how good these games are. The sole reason I bought a PS3 rather than just sticking with my PS2 was to play GTA IV. I remember when I first got GTA III for the PS2, what a game, it was impossible to imagine then how much of an improvement Vice City would be and the immense further improvement on San Andreas (which still remains my favourite console game ever)

San Andreas was truly an unbelievable game, I’m not even a casual gamer to be honest, hardly play computer games at all so for the makers to get someone like me hooked is an incredible achievement.

I recently started doing GTA III again, still on the first Island fighting with the Triads Fish Company but loving it. Can’t wait for GTA V, I’ll get my pre order in!

GB

Established Member
Rumours on Facebook and various gaming sites tonight suggest that the map for GTA 5 will be bigger than GTA San Andreas and Red Dead Redemption combined :shock:

In other official news and second trailer (and more details) is due out on Wednesday.

Its all well and good game developers making all these maps huge, but there has to be something interesting/fun to do within all this space otherwise its just wasted boring space.

Its all well and good game developers making all these maps huge, but there has to be something interesting/fun to do within all this space otherwise its just wasted boring space.

That was the only minor problem with GTA SA was that vast area of countryside in which if you lost your vehicle or fell into a river it would take ages to get back to any type of civilisation. That said, I dd enjoy the realism that the countryside section brought to the game.

I wondered if anyone here has played Driver: San Francisco? I got it bought for me a while ago and wasn't into it at first but it actually turned out to be pretty good. Completley unrealistic but good none the less. Not GTA standard though obviously.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I wondered if anyone here has played Driver: San Francisco? I got it bought for me a while ago and wasn't into it at first but it actually turned out to be pretty good. Completley unrealistic but good none the less. Not GTA standard though obviously.

I'm currently playing Driver: San Francisco - it's an entertaining game. By no means of GTA quality, but the best in the series since the original game - from reading the article in Game Informer, it appears that a similar shifting mechanic is being used in GTA:V to allow players to switch between the playable characters.

HST Power

Established Member
I'm currently playing Driver: San Francisco - it's an entertaining game. By no means of GTA quality, but the best in the series since the original game - from reading the article in Game Informer, it appears that a similar shifting mechanic is being used in GTA:V to allow players to switch between the playable characters.

That's an awesome game. I've finished it on Xbox and I even have the old version on my laptop. You should try it, once upon a time Driver was my GTA! With the old version you also have the ability to get out of the car and explore, guns included.

Has anyone tried Sleeping Dogs? I'm getting my copy in a fortnight.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Has anyone tried Sleeping Dogs? I'm getting my copy in a fortnight.

Yes, I've got it. It's a good game, but I get the impression it's going to leave me wanting more - as it's not a long game. The fighting is great fun, it's nice to have a game that doesn't just arm you to the teeth with guns and actually asks you to think about what you're doing when fighting enemies.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Yep got sleeping dogs as well. Brilliant game. The driving physics could be improved though, much better violence and fighting than GTA

HST Power

Established Member
Looks like I've got plenty to look forward to then! :)

Black Ops 2 is out tommorow as well. Though I'm totally hooked on Battlefield 3 so I won't be buying it.

Hitman Absolution isn't far off either.

So many games, so little time! :p

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
A bit more detail for you all:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/new-gta-v-features-revealed-three-main-characters-and-huge-map

Trusted Reviews said:
Rockstar Games has revealed a raft of new GTA V features with the forthcoming West Coast epic set to be the most expansive Grand Theft Auto offering to date.

Ahead of the spring 2013, Rockstar has confirmed that Grand Theft Auto V will feature three playable main characters and a map larger than those of GTA IV, Red Dead Redemption and GTA San Andreas combined, according to developer and publisher Rockstar Games.

Rockstar revealed these and lots of other details on GTA V in an exclusive cover story for the December issue of US magazine Game Informer, published today.

The game’s three main characters are Michael, an ex-bank robber now living the high life following a deal with the FIB (the game’s version of the FBI); Franklin, a young gang member from the wrong side of the tracks who has gone into semi-legitimate business as a repo man; and Trevor, a maniacal drug addict and lifelong criminal who once flew for the military.

All three characters have their own lives, homes and daily routines, and the player will be able to switch between them at will when not taking part in a mission. The trio’s stories closely intertwine, and they’ll be teaming up for selected missions in the game, some of which will be elaborate, extended heists in which you’ll be able to change character at selected points.

GTA V will take place in Los Santos and its environs, with Rockstar deciding to try to recreate the character of Los Angeles and the surrounding area rather than the whole state of San Andreas/California.

Publisher Rockstar has also revealed that there will be more vehicles than in any previous GTA title, including planes and other aircraft accessible from early within the game. Gunplay and melee combat has been improved, car handling has been given a major overhaul and mini-games will be more complex and focussed. There will also be a number of side missions triggered by random encounters on the road (a little like those in Red Dead Redemption): you might stumble across a hitchhiker or a drug deal gone wrong, and choose to get involved or ignore it.

There are no other words for this, it sounds absolutely epic.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I really like the sound of the random events, a very fun feature in Red Dead Redemption that helped make the game world feel more alive. I've got to fully agree with Matt that it sounds absolutely epic - and I've already pre-ordered it so I get it on release day.

HST Power

Established Member
Thanks for the link Chris.

I couldn't help smiling when they said 'Your son James, he's a good kid,' followed by the sequence of him dangling off the yacht on the middle of the motorway!

Looking forward to it, though I'll have Sleeping Dogs to keep me busy whilst I wait.

The car control is meant to be better than GTA IV. At times it was like the cars were on ice, so little grip

Can't wait for GTA V, bring it on!

ushawk

Established Member
Looks absolutely brilliant, can see why it's taking so long !! Almost a certainty to be GOTY 2013, but could it be the best game of all time ?

GB

Established Member
The trailers really do look good, however most of it is rendered rather than game play. I doubt the actual game will look like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.