• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand Theft Auto V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darandio

Established Member
Speechless

I'll try and put some coherent words together that convey my thoughts later.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I was already excited for this game, now I just want September to be here so I can play it. It looked stunning in the trailers, and I'm pleased that the gameplay footage looks just as good. Some interesting peeks at the character and weapon switching systems too.

familyguy99

[youtube]N-xHcvug3WI[/youtube]

Here we go :)

Chris

^^ WOW I love it :D love have you can pick which characters you can use in missions and online look quite good, hopefully Rockstar talk about online stuff month in coming weeks, I can't not wait until to play this game.

ROLL ON 17TH SEP :D

Last edited:

Drsatan

Established Member
Having seen the trailer, it's fantastic that Rockstar appears to have recaptured the ridiculousness that made GTA San Andreas such a fun game to play. Hopefully this game will also include the opportunity to listen to wildly inappropriate country and western music while flying fighter jets (which have appeared in the trailer), although I doubt the jetpack will be in this game :P

Liam

Established Member
Having seen the trailer, it's fantastic that Rockstar appears to have recaptured the ridiculousness that made GTA San Andreas such a fun game to play. Hopefully this game will also include the opportunity to listen to wildly inappropriate country and western music while flying fighter jets (which have appeared in the trailer), although I doubt the jetpack will be in this game :P

Or spending hours riding bikes and dune buggies through the desert looking for the mythical Bigfoot. :lol:

chris89

Established Member
Didn't post what i thought when i posted the link :P

It does look brillant and look forward to the game, Glad to see customisation, cycling, aircraft back as best bits from SA :D

Will see a lot of my time cycling on one of those racing bikes :P

Chris

ModernRailways

Established Member
I've been trying to avoid as much as possible about this game, since I don't own a console.

After seeing constant posts about it on Reddit I decided I had to watch it. I don't particularly think it's much different to GTA 4. It looks like they've taken GTA 4 and placed it into San Andreas, gave it nice new textures. Added some mini-games and done.

The only big change is having three people, and that to me is going to be annoying. I can see how it would work, but I would prefer to play the game with one single character.

Looking at the trailer, it looks like they've went back to every Rockstar game, looked at what people loved and put it into this game. A lot of it reminded me of Red Dead Redemption (back when I owned a console) and the car customisation reminds me of Midnight Club.

I must say though it certainly looks like it will be yet another great game, my decision now is do I buy a PS3, Xbox, or just wait for the PC version (fingers crossed). I've already had an Xbox so have played the exclusives on there, plus it's showing it's age much worse than the PS3 which can still look relatively new (from what I've seen when using the stands at game stores/conventions).

I will always end up buying a PC version for the mods alone! GTA 4 has some of the best most hilarious mods out there!

chris89

Established Member
I've been trying to avoid as much as possible about this game, since I don't own a console.

After seeing constant posts about it on Reddit I decided I had to watch it. I don't particularly think it's much different to GTA 4. It looks like they've taken GTA 4 and placed it into San Andreas, gave it nice new textures. Added some mini-games and done.

The only big change is having three people, and that to me is going to be annoying. I can see how it would work, but I would prefer to play the game with one single character.

Looking at the trailer, it looks like they've went back to every Rockstar game, looked at what people loved and put it into this game. A lot of it reminded me of Red Dead Redemption (back when I owned a console) and the car customisation reminds me of Midnight Club.

I must say though it certainly looks like it will be yet another great game, my decision now is do I buy a PS3, Xbox, or just wait for the PC version (fingers crossed). I've already had an Xbox so have played the exclusives on there, plus it's showing it's age much worse than the PS3 which can still look relatively new (from what I've seen when using the stands at game stores/conventions).

I will always end up buying a PC version for the mods alone! GTA 4 has some of the best most hilarious mods out there!

If were to buy a 360 or PS3 now. I'd wait until the Xbox 1 and PS4 are released honestly, as the prices should/ hopefully go down in price.

I will be pre-ordering it for console. But as you said will repurchase for PC as my prefered play platform.

Chris

Liam

Established Member
And neither the PS4 or Xbox 1 will be back-compatible. :(

HST Power

Established Member
Just watched the video linked above. It's hit more likes in a matter of days than the new Call of Duty trailer managed in a month.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Just watched the video linked above. It's hit more likes in a matter of days than the new Call of Duty trailer managed in a month.

I wonder if this will be more successful that CoD? I don't know if it's just me (doubt it) but I'm not attracted to games like CoD, I don't play the 1st person shooters at all, however GTA has always had my vote even though it involves alot of shooting.

To me it's a category on it's own. I love it because there is so much you can do and it never ends. I'm not one of these 'I must go through GTA in one day', in fact in GTA series like GTA 4, I used to just drive around normally going by traffic rules and generally take my time, why not? (unless it's a timed mission of course). Then another time I'd see how long I can survive the wanted stars, then I'd maybe do a few taxi rounds, police mini-mission rounds, go to shops/fast food places (like in GTA4), do some stunt jumps..there was just so much to do it never really ended for me, and that's why I love it!

familyguy99

Five and half weeks to go until I can get my hand on this game :) it probably only game that I will wait outside Game store at midnight on 17th September to buy it, amazing to think I can get this game for only £15 if Game selling GTAV for £39.99 but knowing Game they probably selling it for £50 mean it cost me £24 for it. :( :D

Liam

Established Member
Five and half weeks to go until I can get my hand on this game :) it probably only game that I will wait outside Game store at midnight on 17th September to buy it, amazing to think I can get this game for only £15 if Game selling GTAV for £39.99 but knowing Game they probably selling it for £50 mean it cost me £24 for it. :( :D

I've had this pre-ordered from Amazon for over a year. Disappointed it hasn't gone below £38. :(

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Just realised I'm abroad when GTA V comes out. It will be the first time I've not played a GTA on the week of release since, GTA 3. Hope I can avoid spoilers on my return :)

HST Power

Established Member
It looks awesome, but having watched the trailers for the City Governor nominations, I'm not quite sure what they have planned for the politics side of things!

familyguy99

With only 20 days to go until GTAV is coming out, Rockstar will be releasing a new trailer for GTAV (out tomorrow - 29th Aug) which will be last game footage will see of GTAV until it come out on 17th September.

Geezertronic

Established Member
I should really have ordered my copy by now...I'll always do it later but either forget or don't have time. Are there any deals out there that people can recommend? (Xbox 360)

familyguy99

I should really have ordered my copy by now...I'll always do it later but either forget or don't have time. Are there any deals out there that people can recommend? (Xbox 360)

Amazon is selling this game for £34.99 which I think is best offer so far, supermarket are probably be doing offer for this game too but you probably wouldn't found out about them offer until couple of days before GTAV come out.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...9231?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=GTAV

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
The comparison link is broken, taken off perhaps?

It does look small, but hard to scale up. Wonder if there is more than one island?

Been to Pink Planet to see if they can fix my PS3 as it won't read discs at the moment, the loading timer just sticks if I try to load a game. They want £80! :o

Going to be a while until I can play this :(

Jordy

Established Member
When the comparison link worked, the built up area was roughly the same as the whole of Liberty City.

Status
Not open for further replies.