• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Great Western Livery

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Now that I've seen one or two vehicles in it relatively close up, I do find the shade of green quite attractive.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jayiscupid

I wish they would go back to the black light cluster surrounds. A quick play on paint (sorry it's crude) and I think it improves the look dramatically.

Attachments

• GWR 166.jpg
    GWR 166.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 293

455driver

Veteran Member
I wish they would go back to the black light cluster surrounds. A quick play on paint (sorry it's crude) and I think it improves the look dramatically.
Agreed, maybe put the numbers back where they were and put a bigger GWR logo in between the lights as well.
Anyone know what the diagrams for the GWR HST will be tomorrow cause I know it's in Laira right now

Not allocated yet, it wont be finalised until 2AM or there abouts.

fgwrich

Established Member
Its in the shed at Laira today, seemed to have a blue coach interloping at the front now!:(

So keeping it as one full set didn't last long then! :lol:

I Was passing through Reading earlier when a 59 managed to stop outside the station causing some delays, and the 'Building A Great West' HST came through hauled by 57605.

I'm still rather unconvinced - the Green didn't look too bad from a distance (still needs something like a Gold band to give it relief though!) but when passing almost looked black.

spark001uk

Established Member
So keeping it as one full set didn't last long then! :lol:

I Was passing through Reading earlier when a 59 managed to stop outside the station causing some delays, and the 'Building A Great West' HST came through hauled by 57605.

I'm still rather unconvinced - the Green didn't look too bad from a distance (still needs something like a Gold band to give it relief though!) but when passing almost looked black.

I had that on sleeper just after it was painted. It failed when they went to put it into Long rock, brakes wouldn't release!

What was it doing pulling HST, failed I guess?

irish_rail

Established Member
Well I saw the green one again today, and errant blue coach has been removed, so all green once more :D. Working the 10.00 Penz - padd at present....

83G/84D

Established Member
Green HST set is diagrammed to work 1B55 1615 Paddington to Swansea and then to Landore.

alxndr

Established Member
Saw it passing through Swindon, in my opinion it looks smart, simple, and I like it. The area of yellow extending into the bottom slope at the front makes a difference to visibility too in comparison to just being around the window.

spark001uk

Established Member
I think it looks smart too. Let's just hope they don't besmirch the name.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Finally got to see the green 125 in the flesh this morning. Very smart, infact one of my favourite post privatisation liveries.

Nice interior facelift as well.

jimm

Established Member
Green HST movements today according to GWR Twitter post

0844 Penzance to Paddington. 14:30 Paddington to Weston. 1710 Weston to Paddington. 1945 Pad to Plymouth.

spark001uk

Established Member
I don't know, but the latest rake of HST stock hauled down from Kilmarnock has just passed thru Dawlish on its way to Laira - all still in the old blue swish livery, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Not to mention the rake that came down on Aug 28th, 3 of which were still in swish, and the other 5 painted into plain BLUE.!!!! I have no idea what they're up to. Nor do they it would seem!!

Last edited:

The47Wanderer

I don't know, but the latest rake of HST stock hauled down from Kilmarnock has just passed thru Dawlish on its way to Laira - all still in the old blue swish livery, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Not to mention the rake that came down on Aug 28th, 3 of which were still in swish, and the other 5 painted into plain BLUE.!!!! I have no idea what they're up to. Nor do they it would seem!!

From the "FGW-gWr announcement" thread in the "General" forums, it appears only that one rake will be in the gWr green due to the impending move, despite it still being a couple of years away...

hst43009

Nothing sinister. Material supply/logistics/time issue. The plain blue coaches will get their dynamic lines when they next stop for exam.

Skimble19

Established Member
So they're actually going to put the dynamic lines back onto the repainted blue coaches?!

fgwrich

Established Member
So they're actually going to put the dynamic lines back onto the repainted blue coaches?!

Yes. My understanding of it too - Afterall, what's the point of having 3 liveries in one Franchise.

What I do find a little odd though is that these Mk3s have returned with First Great Western branding on there sides, which to me says that little more stock will receive the livery until the Electrostars & IEPs arrive with gWr branding, and that there wont be a mass removal of the First logo on the stock for some time to come.

spark001uk

Established Member
Seems strange them putting the dynamic lines back on, considering they are already a considerable way into repainting their 150/165/166 fleet into plain blue?

jimm

Established Member
Seems strange them putting the dynamic lines back on, considering they are already a considerable way into repainting their 150/165/166 fleet into plain blue?

None of the 165s is in plain blue. The first few 166s to get accessible toilets fitted are in plain blue livery but it looks as though all others that go through Wolverton works will now be returned painted green and will then be followed by the 165s, which will also emerge in green.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Hitachi trains in the GWR livery along side the 150's and also the 158's and does anyone know if the Green HST is running today?

Status
Not open for further replies.