• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

gtr/1404

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bILLOO

Passed everything and took a medical. My local depot has been downsized so I'm waiting for GTR to put me somewhere else; however I feel very forgotten about. :(

baz962

Established Member
Passed everything and took a medical. My local depot has been downsized so I'm waiting for GTR to put me somewhere else; however I feel very forgotten about. :(

Wheres your local depot mate and where they likely to put you instead

bILLOO

Bedford mate. I live within a reason distance from Luton, St Albans and Welwyn. The latter depot seems to be taking on trainees now so I'm hoping for some news!

baz962

Established Member
Bedford mate. I live within a reason distance from Luton, St Albans and Welwyn. The latter depot seems to be taking on trainees now so I'm hoping for some news!

Ah yea I see I am in bedford I heard on here that bedford drivers might go luton and that new trainees might go welwyn

bILLOO

Yeah, many drivers will be transferring to Luton. Unsure about St Albans, though? Are you hoping for Welwyn?

baz962

Established Member
Yes mate bedford would be awesome as it is a half hour walk but I had heard that was almost non existent and besides its thameslink and I applied great northern but I would be happy with welwyn what would you prefer. I bloke I work with is an ex driver and he said that Luton could be a depot as it has sidings but not st albans but he gave up about 15 to 20 years ago so that info might be a bit off

bILLOO

Ah! I applied for both GTR routes as it wasn't a particular depot. I guess I've always assumed I applied for Bedford but actually, my paperwork has never stated that. I guess you (and I) will be put wherever the work is needed!

baz962

Established Member
Yes mate and hopefully v soon have you contacted them to see whats going on and did you not consider another toc I know the phsyc tests last 5 years but some toc's only accept till 2 years gone

bILLOO

HR details I have don't work, haha! I did try for Chiltern but didn't get anywhere. You're right, time is running out! :(

baz962

Established Member
Ah mate I hope you get it sorted must be driving you nuts I was going mental waiting for mmi result lol

Garyhobbs

Gary so sorry mate did you pass everything else
I will have to retake dfft then computer tests and sjt,wct.
Hopefully I can reapply if something comes up next year.
Assessor said I can apply to a toc that doesn't use the dfft test straight away but I'm surrounded by govia.
Good luck with your dmi.
I will keep checking these forums.

baz962

Established Member
I will have to retake dfft then computer tests and sjt,wct.
Hopefully I can reapply if something comes up next year.
Assessor said I can apply to a toc that doesn't use the dfft test straight away but I'm surrounded by govia.
Good luck with your dmi.
I will keep checking these forums.

Surrounded by Govia? Do you mean as in depot wise

Sim

Found out I've been successful! ???????????????????????? So pleased!
Been switched over to thameslink for some reason but I don't mind. Just happy I've finally made it!

Good luck to all those still waiting for dmi etc.

baz962

Established Member
Found out I've been successful! �������� So pleased!
Been switched over to thameslink for some reason but I don't mind. Just happy I've finally made it!

Good luck to all those still waiting for dmi etc.

Oh wow I hope I get switched to thameslink if I make it I live Bedford so would be awesome for me

Status
Not open for further replies.