• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Intercity Express Train (IEP) initial diagrams & allocations

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimm

Established Member
Looks only like one IET diagram on the Cotswolds today instead of the booked two. Other is being covered by 165112.

Someone who, I believe, knows their stuff, posted on the GW Passengers Forum that only the workings listed below are booked to be IETs initially - so one diagram and a bit.

Also from next Tuesday the ‘proper’ diagrams start and the following trains are scheduled for a 5-car IET:

1W14, 06:54 PAD-GMV
1P25, 09:54 GMV-PAD
1W29, 14:21 PAD-WOF
1W33, 16:22 PAD-GMV
1P42, 17:26 WOF-PAD
1P47, 19:42 GMV-PAD

Not that GWR seem to have the trained crew available to manage to run these so far this week - 06.54 is cancelled past Oxford today for the second day running and the 16.22/19.42 is already showing as cancelled this afternoon, for the fourth day running.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Forgive me if someone has already mentioned this, but when will the first 800 reach Plymouth on a scheduled service?

jimm

Established Member
Under the DfT deployment plan - pre-dating the orders for the 802s - the 800s were expected to work some Exeter semi-fasts and get to Torbay. So some could turn up in that part of Devon at Easter and on summer Saturdays to allow 802s to be used on extras going further west.

Under the DfT deployment plan - pre-dating the orders for the 802s - the 800s were expected to work some Exeter semi-fasts and get to Torbay. So some could turn up in that part of Devon at Easter and on summer Saturdays to allow 802s to be used on extras going further west.
Obviously no 800s will be heading to Penzance too. Also, would it possible for the thread to be updated with the new set of diagrams?

jimm

Established Member
Obviously no 800s will be heading to Penzance too. Also, would it possible for the thread to be updated with the new set of diagrams?

I don't think there's any ban per se on the use of 800s over the Devon banks and into Cornwall on summer Saturday extras or whatever but I'd assume it is to be avoided if at all possible - presumably GWR will be allocating some of the 'commuter' batch of 802s to help out.

Plasmanoodle

I spotted both the 1C01 0519 Paddington to Swansea and 1L42 0730 Carmarthen to Paddington services this morning. I found it rather odd that the coaches on both units were lettered A to E on these services. So anyone with reservations in coaches G to L would have been quite confused. Any ideas as to why this could be? I guess the answer for the Carmarthen to Pad service could be to do with the two units joining at Swansea, but I'm not sure about the other one.

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
Thanks for the update regarding the new IET diagrams from next Tuesday (meaning tomorrow I'd guess). Looks like the 17:26 from Worcester Foregate Street back to Oxford on possibly the 21/02/18 will be an InterCity Express train !!!!!

wbm00

Looking forward to these rolling out on the Cotswold line. The last two GWR HSTs I've travelled on have been cancelled due to technical problems... strange one yesterday where we reached Oxford (bound for PAD), then the train was cancelled as a result of "no power" according to a fitter. Yet the empty HST appeared to pull away from Oxford with two engines running and lights in all carriages. :|

Looking forward to these rolling out on the Cotswold line. The last two GWR HSTs I've travelled on have been cancelled due to technical problems... strange one yesterday where we reached Oxford (bound for PAD), then the train was cancelled as a result of "no power" according to a fitter. Yet the empty HST appeared to pull away from Oxford with two engines running and lights in all carriages. :|
They have already started service on the Cotswolds Line if you are not aware.

Impey0711

On Moderation
I’m booked on the 13:45 Paddington to Bristol parkway in a fortnight chuffed now knowing it’s potentially will be an 800

Chrisyd

I have tried to go through the diagrams before asking this, but my lack of knowledge about Bristol combined with all the changes to timetables mean I have not been successful.
- I am staying in a hotel overlooking the London end of Bristol Temple Meads this Thursday night (Have purposefully asked for a room overlooking the station), at what times should I be able to see 800's?
Finally I will be departing from Temple Meads at 1300 on the Friday, I should be able to get there with time to spare, so can I see any within Temple Meads.
Thanks

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
I have tried to go through the diagrams before asking this, but my lack of knowledge about Bristol combined with all the changes to timetables mean I have not been successful.
- I am staying in a hotel overlooking the London end of Bristol Temple Meads this Thursday night (Have purposefully asked for a room overlooking the station), at what times should I be able to see 800's?
Finally I will be departing from Temple Meads at 1300 on the Friday, I should be able to get there with time to spare, so can I see any within Temple Meads.
Thanks

You should find the 800 diagrams here:-

www.railforums.co.uk/threads/frequently-requested-diagrams-discussion-updates.89697/page-20 (Post #577)

They are subject to alteration on the day

Dai Corner

Established Member

wbm00

1P45 1834 GMV - PAD 2130 (from diagram thread)

This service used to arrive at PAD 20:59 or thereabouts and was served by a class 180. Why would the journey time have been extended by ~30 minutes?

Thunderer

Hi folks, I'm travelling tomorrow (Friday 12th) between Swansea and Cardiff and return, could someone kindly advise me of the booked IET departures tomorrow out of Swansea and Cardiff please? I did know the initial diagrams before the New Year, but they now seemed to have changed a bit and there are a few more IET services scheduled in as well. Many thanks....

cambsy

On Moderation
Look in frequently requested diagram for booked IET Swansea-Cardiff return, there are quite a few now, I’m doing them in early Feb, Including trying out Pullman on them.

D1009

Established Member
Look in frequently requested diagram for booked IET Swansea-Cardiff return, there are quite a few now, I’m doing them in early Feb, Including trying out Pullman on them.
There has been some swapping of HSTs and IETs the last couple of days, the 1045 Pullman to Swansea has been an HST, with the IET working the 1100 to Bristol. Things could change again next week when more IETs are diagrammed.

Clarence Yard

Established Member
There has been some swapping of HSTs and IETs the last couple of days, the 1045 Pullman to Swansea has been an HST, with the IET working the 1100 to Bristol. Things could change again next week when more IETs are diagrammed.

The only SX perm. diagram changes planned for next week are introducing two sets to replace the two remaining old cl.180 Cotswold workings. The next South Wales/Bristol main line changes are due to happen on 12/02/18.

D1009

Established Member
The only SX perm. diagram changes planned for next week are introducing two sets to replace the two remaining old cl.180 Cotswold workings. The next South Wales/Bristol main line changes are due to happen on 12/02/18.
Thanks, I was going on the Frequently Requested Diagrams thread which shows two additional diagrams on the Swansea/Bristol routes.

Status
Not open for further replies.