• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I'm losing my best friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazthomas

Established Member
All,

I never would have believed at the age of 39 that I would be losing my wife, but this is what I'm faced with now.

I won't go into details but there is every chance I will lose my wife to (secondary) cancer in 2013.

This absolutely depresses me. I am lost.

All I can say is, ENJOY EVERY WAKING MOMENT MY FRIENDS.

I am heart broken.

Gary

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Certainly is a horrible condition. I lost my Aunt to cancer a few years back, that was horrible enough. Events such as these teach us to treasure life because we don't know what's around the corner.

Thoughts with you.

TP

Ivo

Established Member
What a distressing realisation to bring in a new year :( I am sure that I speak for everyone in saying that I wish you and your wife all the best and for as many more happy moments together as is physically possible...

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
Life can be so cruel - and so often, it is.
There is no sense or reason in its cruelty, and those of us left to feel that pain have no way of reconcilling it with what we have done and who we have loved. But we carry on and we can always remember to cherish our memories, cherish those that are still with us and cherish what life we have.

There's a British tradition of 'being strong in the face of adversity'. But there's nothing wrong with feeling angry, sad, crippled, stunned or desperate when we receive such news. There's no 'right way' to respond to such news, just all the ways that we can feel it and express it.

You are doing well to talk about it to stangers on here - some of us will have been where you are - you are not alone.

Bill EWS

I share your thoughts and concerns. It was 8 years yesterday since I lost my wife to cancer and it will be 15 years on the 9th since losing our oldest daughter to cancer. Hogmany and New year have never been the same since as it is always a timely reminder. However, life continues and you do your best to carry on and today I have two grandchildren to help keep this time of year joyful.

My thoughts are with you Gazthomas.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
:'(

Gary, my thoughts are with you and your wife in this time and I am sorry to hear that, especially with you being so young. I hope your wife all the best and should the worst come to worst she is happy and painless.

gazthomas

Established Member
I really appreciate all the kind words from you.

My heart goes out to you in particular Bill.

Take care all

Gary

Kneedown

Established Member
There's nothing at all i can say to help reduce the pain, especially when it strikes someone so young.
In a few weeks it will be the thirteenth anniversary of my fathers passing from Pancreatic Cancer at the good age of 84, and my mother, 90 this year, who has beaten it twice is currently waiting to see if it has returned for a third time.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife, and i truly hope that there will be good news to come. In the meantime try to carry on with your lives to the full as much as possible and create great memories to cherish whatever the outcome. We all disagree and bicker with our loved ones from time to time, i know i do with my wife, but we should all be reminded of the insignificance of those quarrels compared to the reality that life can be so fragile.

Again, my very best wishes and thoughts to you both.

K'down.

Heinz57

Gary,

This is awful news, the worst way to start a new year. I am very sorry to hear about this.

No words I can offer will make this situation better. But my thoughts are with you and your wife in this most difficult of times.

Heinz

gazthomas

Established Member
Everyone,

I really appreciate your support and care. It has been a tough couple of weeks since we found out and finally my wife is getting the pain relief she needs. We're now starting to get to grips with what's ahead.

I also value your openness and I'm sure many of you have found it difficult to share your own experiences.

Thank you so much

Gary

Requeststop

I am very saddened to read of your situation.

Can I advise that you try to remember all the good times you obviously had together, the smiles, laughter and good times that you shared. It may help to relieve some of the pain ahead.

Like many others here, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

2561Minoru

Whoa, this is a such a terrible thing to happen to you. No one really deserves to go through this, my thoughts go out to you.

gazthomas

Established Member
All,

I never would have believed at the age of 39 that I would be losing my wife, but this is what I'm faced with now.

I won't go into details but there is every chance I will lose my wife to (secondary) cancer in 2013.

This absolutely depresses me. I am lost.

All I can say is, ENJOY EVERY WAKING MOMENT MY FRIENDS.

I am heart broken.

Gary

My beautiful wife Helen passed away earlier today. Rest in peace my girl.

Gary

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
My beautiful wife Helen passed away earlier today. Rest in peace my girl.

Gary

I'm exceptionally sorry to hear that Gary. Myself and my mother went through hell when my father died back in 2006, also of cancer. He was a similar age to your wife Helen. I know how horrendous it will feel - you'll be asking "how could this ever happen to us?". Life is just horribly cruel, I've learnt that the hard way sadly. In the short term it's important to grieve. I didn't do that nearly enough (I was under huge pressure with work at school) and I regretted it later. And it may sound like a terrible cliche, but things won't be as bad forever, I promise. You'll never forget, or stop thinking about what happened, but you'll learn to cope with it eventually.

RIP Helen.

PR1Berske

Established Member
So sad to hear your news. Every thought and prayer with you.

I lost my Mum to cancer last year, she was aged 60. I can't tell you the pain gets easier or the hurt stings less. I can tell you one thing - the love you lost remains on the heart and mind, and warms you when you need it lost. Life is cruel, but love is immortal.

Hope you can find strength at this terrible time.

theblackwatch

Established Member
Very sorry to hear your news Gaz, condolences to you and all your family. Take care.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I'm so sorry to heard your terrible news Gary, condolences to you and your family.

My thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
:( I am very, very sorry to hear this Gaz. My thoughts, prayers and condolences are with you at this time. Take it easy mate

May your wife Helen rest in piece.

Heinz57

Gary this is terrible news. I am very sorry to hear about this.

My thoughts are with you and your family at this very difficult time.

RIP Helen.

jonhewes

I'm so so sorry to hear that Gaz. I really wish that there was something I could say or do to make things better or more bearable for you.

I'm 31 and have been with my Mrs for 10 years. Can't imagine life without her or what you're going through :(

RIP Helen :(

ally30_1998

I've only just joined here, to get some support and information, but I've just come across this and I wanted to say I'm really sorry you've lost your best friend and wife.

DaveHarries

Established Member
Gary,

My condolences and sympathy to you.

"Death is not extinguishing the light; it is only putting out the lamp because the dawn has come." [Rabindranath Tagore]

RIP Helen.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.