• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mornington Crescent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

deltic

Established Member
Re-reading my rather threadbare copy of Stovold’s in the original Greek I stumbled on the ancient Winter Olympic ruse of using Sochi to allow a reverse perpendicular move on a double flying spin off the ski jump which leaves me back at the British Museum. - at least that's my interpretation of what Google Translate came up with

Last edited:

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Re-reading my rather threadbare copy of Stovold’s in the original Greek I stumbled on the ancient Winter Olympic ruse of using Sochi to allow a reverse perpendicular move on a double flying spin off the ski jump which leaves me back at the British Museum. - at least that's my interpretation of what Google Translate came up with

Whilst winter Olympic based moves ARE acceptable, you can not move via the current host of the winter games to the previous host city of the summer games.

This is, of course, the Coleman principle, as developed by the great Olympic commentator David Coleman ( an avid MC player in his spare time) who as we all know covered 11 summer and 6 winter games along with 6 world cups.

Now, I think we can counteract that problem by playing Wembley Central. This get us round the issue neatly by using the double Olympic/World Cup venue exemption which allows moves to a venue that has played host to at least 2 Olympics and one world cup!

Phew!

deltic

Established Member
A clever move trying to lure me to Oval which would be dangerous so following a reverse tangent to the Coleman Principle I counter with Crystal Palace

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Double Olympic venue + close to football ground combo power up bonus coming here:

St James

BOSH - THAT my friend is world class!

deltic

Established Member
As we seem to have moved to the St James' Bible version of MC I'm playing St Paul's

Buttsy

Established Member
Stovold's third amanedment (Metropolitan ruling) now comes into play and, avoiding the terrrible Dollis Hill loop, I shall play Neasden

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Guys - what on earth is this game!?

I would have thought that would have been obvious from the title, Mornington Crescent! ;)

Neasdon is a fine move however I think I can outfox you by using the Drop Out Clause V.3 and play Finsbury Park.

Buttsy

Established Member
Surely that should be played as a ciryl move and done as Krapy Rubsnif...

In view of that, I can only use Moore's quandary and play Gatport Airwick

deltic

Established Member
Gold(ie) Hawk - Road where she lived also housed the more famous Goldie Hawn who I understand was a keen MC player and rarely failed with her controversial Sugarland Express gambit -

Last edited:

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I really am not getting this haha! Is it just a play-on words game with stations?!

Watch it lads - we could be being had here. I am not falling for all this confused stuff. This could be the old Bellagio gambit. Faux naivety but actually a card counter working with a bent dealer in order to clean us out!

As we cant really deal with him in the style of Nicci Santoro i suggest we try and flush him out thus:

Lambeth North

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.