• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Train Driver Old Oak Common

Status
Not open for further replies.

1986deano

I found gb practice sheets on Google image and printed loads out. They were not great quality copies very small and you had to concentrate harder but I just cracked on with them!! Then on the day of assessment when the sheets were put in front of me they were so big and clear the complete opposite from what I'd been using to practice!! Looking back now it defo worked for me so maybe give it a go.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Just a number

Hello.... i've managed to jumps through all the hoops and got a start date of 06/02. I have just got one concern my weight. Whats the medical like? and do they use the BMI scale.

Hammer4life

They did refer to bmi scale when I had mine...

You should receive a letter from the medical centre about a month in advance stating what tests they'll be doing and also give some advice on how to prepare e.g not to listen to loud music on the day of your medical re: hearing test

Watto1990

Hello.... i've managed to jumps through all the hoops and got a start date of 06/02. I have just got one concern my weight. Whats the medical like? and do they use the BMI scale.

Congratulations!

How long did it take them to get back to you following the DMI?

scabek

Well done Drazky, i think as you vacated your Jan 17 slot they called me to see if i was interested in joining the Jan group rather than my original Feb 17 intake. I however declined the offer as i have planned to go on a trip in Jan 17 before the long training process took place. I would have taken the option if it was not for that.

Last edited:

SheikG

Congrats Drazky, Scabek and all others who have landed the job. I've just completed the first assessment at the test centre and have been invited back to sit the second round of assessments.

Can anyone give me an idea of how long after stage 2 assessments was it before you had to sit the DMIs? Trying to plan a holiday!

Thanks

scabek

SheikG my DMI was approx 10 days after the day 2 assessment. Many on forum here had similar experience i think

Interlude

I see in this months' issue of Crossmail that the first group of trainee drivers have passed out after 8 months of training. Good to see all ten made it through! Less than 9 months until I'm due to start, hopefully the time will fly!

RanchuMTR

Hi guys!
I had a phone call today:
I will start my training on 07.11.2016!!!
Medical booked at the beginning of August!
I was supposed to start on 02.01.2017 but asked for an earlier date if the opportunity arised.
I am very happy indeed but for now I keep driving my great buses at ever great Hounslow areas!
Some guys had their AC2 recently....any results, keep us updated please?!?
Check that by the way:
https://youtu.be/qQwmC78h50I

Well done and see you in November!

enzyme77

Hi Everyone, quick question - Got my start date for 02/01/17 at Old Oak Comm and was wondering if anyone had received a date regarding the medical ?

Cheers

RanchuMTR

Hi Everyone, quick question - Got my start date for 02/01/17 at Old Oak Comm and was wondering if anyone had received a date regarding the medical ?

Cheers

Guideline is that you sould get an appointment date set about 6 months before you start & the medical is usually set about 3 months before your start date.

enzyme77

Guideline is that you sould get an appointment date set about 6 months before you start & the medical is usually set about 3 months before your start date.

Thanks for the reply. was called today and told late oct.

Mr Chu Chu

Hello everyone,

I had my DMI on the 15th of June and hadn't heard from MTR since.

I know they are saying that HR should be in touch within 2weeks but from reading earlier posts it looked like ppl got phone call within few days after the interview.

I was just wondering if anyone had theirs interview about the same time and maybe heard from them?

SheikG

Hi guys,

I have my second stage of assessments at the MTR Crossrail offices. Can I ask for a bit of insight from anyone who has already been through this stage of the process, particularly;

1) what is the order of the assessments that are undertaken on the day
2) can you recall any of the six questions on the MMI?
3) is the written communication test still a part of the assessment?

Thanks for the continued help and support eveyone

sfxdude

Hi guys,

I have my second stage of assessments at the MTR Crossrail offices. Can I ask for a bit of insight from anyone who has already been through this stage of the process, particularly;

1) what is the order of the assessments that are undertaken on the day
2) can you recall any of the six questions on the MMI?
3) is the written communication test still a part of the assessment?

Thanks for the continued help and support eveyone

1) The order (from what I remember) was as follows:

The first task is to write down some examples of situations that is required for the MMI. You can search these forums, there's a whole host of information on here about it. This is just pen and paper.

The second thing we did was sit down and do a personality questionnaire on the computer. This isn't marked as far as I know they just use it to structure your MMI.

We were then split into two groups, one group went and started MMIs and the others did the computer based tests. Again you can go back through this thread and find information on the computer based tests.

They are ATAVT, WAFV and 2 hand coordination. Examples for all are given before the actual test, they're basically concentration based tests.

2) I can't remember any questions but what they actually ask isn't really important, from what I understand it's how you answer that's important.

3) I don't think so.

Peds82

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say thanks for all the posts on here as they've been very helpful in helping me pass the recruitment process :) I now begin the long wait till my training date in August 17 pending checks and references.

In response to Sheik G he answers sfxdude has supplied is correct and unless they've changed it since I done the second assessment in May the written test was not part of the assessment.

Good luck to anyone still within the process

RanchuMTR

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say thanks for all the posts on here as they've been very helpful in helping me pass the recruitment process :) I now begin the long wait till my training date in August 17 pending checks and references.

In response to Sheik G he answers sfxdude has supplied is correct and unless they've changed it since I done the second assessment in May the written test was not part of the assessment.

Good luck to anyone still within the process

Congratulations mate. The time will fly by soon enough.

Peds82

I hope I get some of them phone calls nearer the time Drazky. Did you ask via email or phone about being brought forward if any opportunities?

Peds82

As I remember I asked over the phone /we had conversation about something else/and they advised me to send an email, so they would have this on file should the opportunity arise.
Obviously the opportunities arises time to time...

Thanks for that Drazky. Not long left for you, you must be itching to go.

SheikG

Thanks to all the help I received in here - directly and indirectly - I managed to pass day 2 assessments. Only the DMI stands in the way of the dream!! Can anybody advise on the training period; how many days a week will we be training for and what hours.. is it mon-Fri 9-5? The answer to that may not be so significant right now but just helps me dreaming up little scenarios of what to look forward to in the near future! Fingers crossed!

scabek

According to my understanding, there will be a long periods of Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm classroom training, then 2 separate periods of practical training (driving the train) to get combined total of 170 hours of driving under your belt. The practical driving hours will be according to your personal driver instructor's roster, it could be early, lates or even nights. Try to be as flexible as poss with the timing in those 7/8 months.

PKJ

Thanks to all the help I received in here - directly and indirectly - I managed to pass day 2 assessments. Only the DMI stands in the way of the dream!! Can anybody advise on the training period; how many days a week will we be training for and what hours.. is it mon-Fri 9-5? The answer to that may not be so significant right now but just helps me dreaming up little scenarios of what to look forward to in the near future! Fingers crossed!

Hi SheikG,
Well done for getting to that stage. I got the job offer last September and just started the training a little while ago. In your offer letter it will state that your training is 9am-5pm Mon-Fri but its actually 9am-4pm in reality. I guess they just want to cover themselves in case you run over on some days (which is pretty rare). There are some groups ahead of us who finish at 2/3pm on most days so I guess it just depends on where abouts you are in the course and who your trainer is. As the previous post mentions, there are two blocks of driving where you will follow your Driver Team Leader's roster. However, we've been told that in the first block of driving you would only be expected to drive various hours between 9am-4pm. The second block of driving could be earlies, middles, lates or nights. I hope that helps! Good luck with the DMI. As long as you've done your homework on MTR Corporation and MTR Crossrail you should be fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.