• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern 323s refurbishment and cascade

Status
Not open for further replies.

prod_pep

Established Member
Glad it's coming back, but it would go and be slap bang in the middle of the working day. :rolleyes: Ah well!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
The only paint any of 323223-323239 have seen since their initial GMPTE as delivered colours has been yellow warning ends, external window frames on all bodyside windows. Both First North Western's and Serco-abellio Northern's actual liveries were applied in vinyl wrap as opposed to paint. Edit to correct myself. One 323 323227 if I remember correctly did receive a painted relivery after Regional Railways GMPTE scheme and appeared in overall blue with the North Western Trains logo and gold stars.

I'm sure there were 2 x 323s in NWT gold star. 323233 was one of them.

js1000

Sorry, been trying to post a photo of it out and about in new livery that was posted on Linkedin but no joy.

js1000

what is the group name called, still not worked out linkedin yet.
The photo was posted by a Fleet Refurbishment Manager at Northern. I'll try and post later if no one has uploaded. Having been used to Northern 323a practically unchanged in blue/purple livery over the past 20 years it looks a little odd in white livery to be honest!

jonesy3001

Established Member
The photo was posted by a Fleet Refurbishment Manager at Northern. I'll try and post later if no one has uploaded. Having been used to Northern 323a practically unchanged in blue/purple livery over the past 20 years it looks a little odd in white livery to be honest!
i like it, went past the crewe cams and there is also a picture on the class 323 group on facebook.

palmersears

Established Member
Just seen it trundling around Allerton, looks exceedingly smart. Livery really suits it in my opinion.

Nymanic

It's not much, but the Gemini website has an image.

Still curious to see the internal layout, although I'm sure there won't be any significant changes beyond moquette, panelling and PRM necessities.

prod_pep

Established Member
It looks nice. My only grumbles are the yellow light surrounds and the fact it appears to have the rank-bad TrainFX PIS system fitred.

OTRail

It looks nice. My only grumbles are the yellow light surrounds and the fact it appears to have the rank-bad TrainFX PIS system fitred.

Was most probably for fleet standardisation to match the WMR units - makes sense since they will eventually end up at Northern when the Aventras arrive

978wta

It looks very good. If it had a facelift with newer style lighting clusters then it would have looked like a new train!

py_megapixel

Established Member
I don't really care that much about the light clusters. What I do care about is the fact that the nasty TrainFX destination displays have the appearance of being Sellotaped to the windows. This is particularly bad when you consider that the Birmingham ones used to have a far easier to read system (bigger letters & less flickery).

Chris125

Established Member
Can confirm it is all 26 from WMT after discussing with tony miles on WNXX forums and works for modern railways.

Update: seems RAIL were correct, Tony has confirmed that Northern are only receiving 17 of the 26 units at WMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.