Northern Unit Refurbishments

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jonesy3001

Established Member
Just to make readers of my blog aware, that due to the death of my father last week, there will be no update this month.
My condolences, don't worry about the blog, family should always come first, no matter what, should take it down for a bit til you feel fit.

Jamesrob637

Established Member
My condolences to 507021 also. I think most of us will survive without an updated list for a few months given the pandemic all around us and peoples' immediate priorities.

superkev

Established Member
Looks like the final 333 fo be refurbed I'd on it's way back to Neville
Something booked the other way.
K

Last edited:

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
I doubt anything will be done about the bolsters at Holbeck, particularly before 009 emerges from Derby. My understanding is that the detailed inspection/analysis on 009 will determine what remedial work is required on the rest of the fleet:- and perhaps more importantly how much it will cost.

skyhigh

I suspect it's gone to Holbeck just to be stored out of the way while less units are required - a new PIS system was never on the plan for the refurb so I'd be very surprised if that's why it's gone back. At-seat power was planned, so fitment of that might be a possibility. I'm 99% sure Holbeck doesn't have the equipment for bogie bolster repairs.