• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railway Myths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker

Myth 47: You are not allowed to have a bit of fun on this forum. ;)

I'm all for having a bit of fun, but I thought the genuine myths were fun. If people want to just have a moan then why not start a thread entitled "things that annoy me about the railway or their passengers"?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

scotsman

Established Member
Myth 50: Anyone in a tie with a nametag knows exactly what you need to know, every time

mrcheek

Established Member
52:
Virgin Trains has invested billions in line upgrades and new rolling stock

wintonian

Established Member
Myth 50: Anyone in a tie with a nametag knows exactly what you need to know, every time

Myth 53: Everyone in a tie with a nme badge knows what they are talking about.

Myth 54: Everyone in a tie with a name badge Dosn't know what they are talking about.

;)

driver9000

Established Member
Myth 55 - Mile posts are always on the down side of the line.

mrcheek

Established Member
57:
Its perfectly safe for a wheelchair user to alight from a Pacer at Guide Bridge......

sprinterguy

Established Member
63: the grand central railway was built to berne gauge.

That'll be Great Central Railway: Although I'm sure that Grand Central's eventual aim is for complete world domination, they don't have their own railway YET ;)

I'll add one: 64: "Evening Star" is actually a different 9F with the nameplates transferred due to the original being considered uneconomical to repair.

Pumbaa

Established Member
Myth 64 - GC is the bestest coolest railway company EVEEERRRRRRRR because they use the thrashtastic Valenta engines

Myth 65 - Having C 30A on your reservation coupon DEFINITELY means your seat is in Coach A and you can shout at the person sitting in your seat for having the cheek of doing so.

route:oxford

Established Member
Myth 67:

Passengers would much rather change services at Edinburgh/Glasgow or Wolverhampton/Birmingham than sit on a direct service between the South Coast and Central Scotland/Inverness via the WCML.

Last edited:

12CSVT

Established Member
Myth 69 : a class 67 has enough tractive effort to haul the skin off a rice pudding

Dave R

That'll be Great Central Railway: Although I'm sure that Grand Central's eventual aim is for complete world domination, they don't have their own railway YET ;)

cheers :) I knew it was great central anyway, got them mixed up ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.