• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Remaining GWR HST Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Melancholia

What is the coach lettering now of:
HST
9-car 800
2x5-car 800?

It was obviously simpler when it was A-H in order TGS-4TS-TRFB-2TF - I think I noticed that one of the standard class coaches was coach H on a HST I saw the other day, presumably to allow easy substitution by 9- or 10-800.

HSTs: A B C D H J K L (was A B C D E F K L)
2x 800/802s: A B C D E - G H J K L
9 car 800/802: A B C F G H J K L

FGW_DID

Established Member
Is anyone able to confirm whether this Saturday (19 January) that 1B03 0645 Bristol Temple Meads - Swansea will be running as a HST as booked on the WTT please? I've noticed that the line between Swindon and Didcot is shut so there may be less HST diagrams. Thank you.

Sat 19/01 has 1B03 on an 800/3 Diagram.

Can anyone confirm if any of GWRs HSTs will still be in service by April this year (excluding the GTI sets)

Clarence Yard

Established Member
Yes, Friday 17th May is the currently the last day when the final diagrams (1,3 and possibly 6) finish. Only if the train crew training at Penzance allows for an earlier cessation will that date be brought forward.

If the farewell special doesn't run on Saturday 18th, there might be some final HST workings that day but the 17th is the last day for SX HST GWML workings with the 2103 off Paddington likely to be the last departure from London.

Yes, Friday 17th May is the currently the last day when the final diagrams (1,3 and possibly 6) finish. Only if the train crew training at Penzance allows for an earlier cessation will that date be brought forward.

If the farewell special doesn't run on Saturday 18th, there might be some final HST workings that day but the 17th is the last day for SX HST GWML workings with the 2103 off Paddington likely to be the last departure from London.
May be subject to change if (while being unlikely) there’s an issue with the IETs I’m assuming? Thanks for the info as well!

Clarence Yard

Established Member
There are enough spare IET sets now (and even more in May) to cover virtually any eventuality so the end of the HST sets on GWML sets by the May T/T date is now fairly secure.

Train Boy

Thank you for the information. I believe that diagrams IW11-13 are being swapped to IET from 11th February and then IW8-10 on 11th March.

Are you aware of when the remaining diagrams will swap over please?

Many thanks.

Clarence Yard

Established Member
2, 5 and 7 cut over as from 08/04/19 and 4 as from 29/04/19. 1, 3 and 6 as from 20/05/19, all depending on train crew training position.

If the sleeper fails after May, GWR can always dial up an 802. It’s the 800 sets that can’t cover.

co-tr-paul

2, 5 and 7 cut over as from 08/04/19 and 4 as from 29/04/19. 1, 3 and 6 as from 20/05/19, all depending on train crew training position.

If the sleeper fails after May, GWR can always dial up an 802. It’s the 800 sets that can’t cover.
Somebody had better train us up then...... Soon !!
Will remind certain people tomorrow !!

strimmer

Thanks to everybody who's posting diagrams etc on this thread. It's so helpful to someone like me who wants to photograph and observe the HSTs while it's still possible. I've spent many happy hours out and about over the years, including a day spent NR0079.jpg at Exeter St Davids in 1984.

spark001uk

Established Member
Ok so I can't find any info about this anywhere. Basically want to get HST to the west while still can, and ideally make it one that's diverted down the WoE during the Whiteball works as well, two birds and all that.
The booking engines seem a bit odd at the moment though, apart from the first week of the works (from 18/2), where they all show as diverted via WoE.
However, after that it's a bit strange. The following week (25/2 on), looking at the weekday diags, 1C78/82/86/94/98 are all still booked HST. But according to the booking engines (and RTT), the only ones of those showing via WoE are 1C94 and 98 (and the down beds). The work detail states line closed from 18/2 to 8/3, so surely if it's shut it's shut, isn't it? Shouldn't they all be showing as WoE diverts?
My initial thought was that NR hasn't loaded it all in yet, but that wouldn't explain why only the evening ones are showing as diverts? Unless they're being altered at random for some reason, and the tunnel is definitely completely shut for the whole duration of the closure, no evening only work or anything like that?
I've probably just answered my own question haven't I, but thought I'd ask if anyone could confirm.

Last edited:

spark001uk

Established Member
There are enough spare IET sets now (and even more in May) to cover virtually any eventuality so the end of the HST sets on GWML sets by the May T/T date is now fairly secure.
You would think so wouldn't you, though it raised a smile today when 1B46 turned up as HST vice IET!

Any chance of some HST diagrams for this coming Saturday (19th) please? A lot of services are not the WTT so assume a few changes (such as 1B03 being an IET). Thanks.

Marlo36

Hopefully yes, should be 1C78/82/86/94/98. That's weekdays, I haven't checked weekends yet.
I have booked a seat on the 1C78 PAD via Yeovil ( 21/02)and its booked as a HST, but not sure as could change on the day and from what I have read, the IET can now do the route.I am hoping its a HST myself.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Status
Not open for further replies.