ScotRail "Inter7City" HST Diagrams

Discussion in 'Allocations, Diagrams & Timetables' started by SWTrainspottin, 16 Oct 2018.

1. JohnR

JohnR Member

They issued another press release yesterday about the new timetables, but dont seem to have published them on the website

2. BRX

BRX Established Member

Can anyone give an update on whether the diagrams in the OP are still correct?

As I understand it, not all services diagrammed for HSTs are consistently being run with them at the moment thanks to staff shortages etc - is that right?

(In particular I'm interested in whether there are any Glasgow or Edinburgh - Inverness services that are fairly reliably showing up an HST so far)

3. agbrs_Jack

agbrs_Jack Member

I travelled on the 09:44 Inverness to Perth on the 13th December and it was a classic HST set. (4 coaches - 3 standard and a 1st class one)
    IMG_5474.JPG

4. route101

route101 Established Member

Dont think any HSTs are doing Glasgow to Inverness yet , mostly on Edinburgh and glasgow to Aberdeen.

5. BRX

BRX Established Member

The photo in the post above yours suggests at least some are making it to Inverness! The 0944 being part of a diagram that finishes on an Inverness-Glasgow.

6. route101

I see , must of missed it when looking at the diagrams

7. Bald Rick

Bald Rick Established Member

There’s definitely ScotRail HSTs going to Inverness.

8. BRX

BRX Established Member

Is diagram (8) for Sundays, in the OP, a mistake? (No such service seems to exist on journey planner)

9. SWTrainspottin

SWTrainspottin Member

I will remove it if doesn't exist anymore. Someone made an earlier post stating the booked diagrams so they're copied from there. Seems like that journey existed then.

10. SWTrainspottin

SWTrainspottin Member

I can't be clear myself to be honest. They're all booked HSTs apparently but some may still be units due to availability and maintenance.

11. BRX

BRX Established Member

As far as I can make out, only diagram (5) has been worked by an HST today. Don't know if that's 'normal'. I guess sundays are even more liable to staff shortages etc than weekdays.

12. gecko76

gecko76 New Member

Hi, first time poster. This seems to be the place to ask. My dad worked on HSTs in Bristol. I'm now in Edinburgh and want to take his grandkids to Dundee and back on Saturday the 5th of January. Can anyone tell me if this is possible? Thanks.

13. FelixtheCat

FelixtheCat Established Member

I know that services running vice HST is normal, but when HSTs are put out, are they always on a diagram that is allocated to a HST? (Or are they just stuck on any ScotRail Intercity service when they're available.)

14. Mitchell Hurd

Mitchell Hurd Member

Just out of curiosity is there a reason why 1A65 couldn't be a through service rather than be a separate service at 16:19? This would save passengers a change of train. Sorry, I'm not that great when it comes to phrasing words / asking some questions.

15. FelixtheCat

1A65 13:29 Edinburgh Waverley to Aberdeen arrives there at 15:51. It then dwells for nearly 30 minutes (until 16:19) before continuing to Dyce. I wouldn't want a through service to be advertised when there's a 28 minute sit at an intermediate station.

16. Mitchell Hurd

Mitchell Hurd Member

Hello again. Is the 08:29 Edinburgh to Aberdeen service likely to become an HST once enough HST's are available?

Whilst I'm on holiday in Edinburgh, that would be the best service to catch as it gives me an hours more free time - the 09:29 HST would make a bit tight. I'd also be catching the London bound train around 16:05 back to Edinburgh.

I was just browsing on Tiger this morning and found that the 08:29 Edinburgh to Aberdeen service is formed of 3 coaches.

17. nat67

nat67 On Moderation

Can anyone confirm that the 0851 1T12 Aberdeen-Glasgow Queen Street was a HST today.

18. FelixtheCat

19. fishquinn

fishquinn Established Member Quizmaster

One of only a handful that is HST today, yes. 43148 and 43003.

20. Vasco Troni

Vasco Troni New Member

Greetings everyone. I'm Vasco from Portugal, first time posting here, worked as train driver on the Portuguese Railways and now supervising train drivers on a Lisbon area depot and also a railfan, so feel free to ask me stuff about Portuguese railways and I'll be delighted to answer.

And now to the subject: I'll be travelling the 12:55 Inverness to Edinburgh somewhere mid-February (on the week 18th to 22nd February, probably). Should I expect a HST? What are the odds I could be lucky enough to travel on a refurbished Inter7City HST? And one last question: if not a HST, what rolling stock should I expect?

Thank you in advance, best regards everyone,
    Vasco.

21. fishquinn

fishquinn Established Member Quizmaster

Hi there,

At this point it's hard to tell as to which diagrams will be HST before the day itself. As I'm sure you're aware they do have 10 set diagrams, which do include the 12:55 Inverness-Edinburgh, but how many and which of these are HST worked is impossible to tell until the day. The 12:55 diagram is an HST today but it may not be on Monday etc. It's hugely unlikely to be a refurbished one at this stage and if you get one it'll be one of the 'classic' slam door sets.
    If it isn't an HST then it's most likely to be a 3 coach class 170 or, if you're very unlucky, a 2 coach class 158.

22. Vasco Troni

Vasco Troni New Member

Thank you @fishquinn . Just hope the 12:00 KGX to Inverness on that week, on wich I'll be travelling too, stil remains a HST and not a Hitachi-crap-80x. This trip may be my last chance to say goodbye to HST on ECML, or even HST at all.

23. cactustwirly

cactustwirly Established Member

Yes the 1200 KGX - INV is almost certain to be a LNER HST!

24. route101

HSTs will be on LNER services for a while yet .

I think the best bet for HSTs are the 838 and 949 services from Glasgow to Aberdeen.

25. SWTrainspottin

SWTrainspottin Member

I understand the diagrams stated in the OP may not be correct. Is anyone able to state which diagrams are operated by a HST? I'll be able to update the OP if so.

26. mcmad

mcmad Member

Is there any point until the diagrams are reliably formed of HST's?

27. SWTrainspottin

SWTrainspottin Member

That is true but there will still be some diagrams that are HST operated on a regular basis surely?

28. SWTrainspottin

SWTrainspottin Member

Original post now updated with the up to date diagrams. I will add the weekend diagrams shortly.

29. SWTrainspottin

SWTrainspottin Member

All weekend diagrams now added.

30. kilonewton

kilonewton Member

What happens the following day with the HST that goes from Queen St to Perth in the evening on Diagram 1? There doesn’t seem to be a Diagram that starts in Perth.