• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southwest mainline driver interview....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam86

Had my medical today and was ok. Only thing was my sight with contact lenses in my weaker left eye didn't meet the requirements, but with my glasses it was fine so no contacts for me whilst working!
Just waiting for the drug screen to come back next week!

Anyone else on here currently going through the process with SWT?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

casera55

Hi

I have my my mainline drivers interview next week and also have to take the final 2 sections of the CBI as I have recently done the first 3 questions (on training, rule following and an emergency situation). Does anyone know what the last 2 questions of the CBI are based on?

Any help would be great.
Thanks

Liam86

Just called up to get my medical results and I passed, and am on the list for a course starting 5th march! :)
They said I should have my contract within the next two weeks.

just got off the phone. medical is Friday, but they have told me they haven't put me onto a course yet, I suppose they want me to pass my medical first!

Liam86

Quick turnaround though it you've just heard back about your interview!
What depot are you going for, Fratton?

Liam86

Nah, I'm going for Waterloo.
They did say on the phone today that they do the courses based on where you're applying for....so a course for fratton could be earlier of later than march.

thats what i thought, dont want too many from each depot on each course otherwise there will be no driving instructors available when you go back to do your driving at the depot!

Safety365

thats what i thought, dont want too many from each depot on each course otherwise there will be no driving instructors available when you go back to do your driving at the depot!

I never had that problem, but others had to go to different depots to get their hours

Liam86

Thanks! Just read through and signed everything to send back ASAP....can't wait for march to come round!

good luck Liam, I'm still holding hope that I will be on that course. I passed my medical today and am just waiting for the drugs result (which I kind off know the answer to) and a start date!!

Liam86

good luck Liam, I'm still holding hope that I will be on that course. I passed my medical today and am just waiting for the drugs result (which I kind off know the answer to) and a start date!!

Cheers mate...hopefully you'll get your contract next week aswel. Have you received your crb back yet?

Liam86

That's good, hopefully you are where I am within the next 2 weeks!
At your interview did they give you any potential course dates?

No that's what I didn't get. There were two of us. She turned to the other bloke and said you need to do your other tests but were looking at a March start date.
She then turned to me and said your free to go we'll be in touch.

I emailed yesterday as I have annual leave in March which I need to do something with and want to know who I'll be working for? They said we will contact you soon.

ghost

If you do any voluntary work and they become aware of this then you probably will not get the position, as a friend of mine was asked and he said he did do voluntary work. The issue the company had was that his voluntary work would affect his work around the olympic period.
Best keep that Hush, hush!

Can someone tell me if the January course is full?

Good luck to all waiting.

LCC106

Established Member
Just a pointer - once the contract's been issued it's not as simple as withdrawing an offer. But that's a good heads-up, ghost. Do think it's strange though because voluntary commitments can be changed to fit around work generally... Of course, this is a massive once in a lifetime event...

Urban Gateline

Established Member
No that's what I didn't get. There were two of us. She turned to the other bloke and said you need to do your other tests but were looking at a March start date.
She then turned to me and said your free to go we'll be in touch.

I emailed yesterday as I have annual leave in March which I need to do something with and want to know who I'll be working for? They said we will contact you soon.

Unfortunately the HR process at SWT is pretty slow, you wait weeks until decisions are made and the next part of the process is reached.

I am still waiting for news about a Guard application that I submitted, and from next Weds it will have been 3 weeks since the deadline for applications closed, and I've heard nothing (I did ring HR but they stated that applications were still being looked at)

Status
Not open for further replies.