• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special Offers Discussion

NORMAN471

TPE Club 55 - I was given the option online when I went though the stages of booking multiple tickets without specifying trains and seat reservation which could be saved for later. It may be worth trying this on the website to see if it gives you the option.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HSP 2

I was given the option online when I went though the stages of booking multiple tickets without specifying trains and seat reservation which could be saved for later. It may be worth trying this on the website to see if it gives you the option.

What question are you replying to?

CaptainHaddock

Established Member
BUy one get one free on Scotrail, Sundays to Thursdays 14-18 and 21-25 November.

ScotTrains

BUy one get one free on Scotrail, Sundays to Thursdays 14-18 and 21-25 November.

I wonder if this can be used with one £10 anywhere club50 ticket?

Edit:
To answer my own question. Club 50 flat fare tickets are not valid, but Club 50 off peak discount (and other Railcard) tickets are valid.

Last edited:

lewisdicks

Does anyone know if there'll be any sort of Black Friday sales this year? Travelling from Glasgow to London next year.

bigbaldbruce

I'm finally getting to use the Northern newspaper offer tomorrow. I've just been to Redcar Central to buy my ticket, to find the ticket office closed. As I am getting the TPE to York to start my day, anyone know if I'll be able to buy the Rover ticket at York with it not being a Northern ticket office? Northern's website states any staffed station in the Northern network, which suggests I can, but I'd prefer no nasty surprises in the morning!

CaptainHaddock

Established Member
I'm finally getting to use the Northern newspaper offer tomorrow. I've just been to Redcar Central to buy my ticket, to find the ticket office closed. As I am getting the TPE to York to start my day, anyone know if I'll be able to buy the Rover ticket at York with it not being a Northern ticket office? Northern's website states any staffed station in the Northern network, which suggests I can, but I'd prefer no nasty surprises in the morning!
I don't know about York but I've bought Northern newspaper offer tickets from Sheffield and Doncaster in the last month so I can't see it being a problem.

When I've used them in the past, I purchased tickets from Wigan North Western and Preston, both Avanti/Virgin stations, without any issues.

sonic2009

Established Member
Appears the Trainline are offering 50% off for black Friday when purchasing railcards through them using code RAILCARD50

Seen here on HUKD

Attachments

• 3832352_1.jpg
    3832352_1.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 35

ABB125

Established Member
I would love to buy a Railcard with this discount, but unfortunately* I still have about 3 years left on the free 4-year one you get with a Santander student bank account...

*In the context of this offer; obviously I'm very happy that I still have 3 years left, and I didn't pay anything for it! :D

_toommm_

Established Member
Brilliant! Many thanks for the heads-up, new two-together obtained and word spread :D
I’ll post it on here, as well as the railcard discount thread. 50% off Railcards with the discount code RAILCARD50 is valid until 23:59(GMT) 17/12/21.

Students travelling in Scotland can benefit from 50% off off-peak Scotrail services from 10/12/21 to 24/12/21:
College and university students will be able to take advantage of half price travel on any off-peak ScotRail service from Friday, 10 December until Friday, 24 December 2021.

Available on all singles, returns, and open returns, students will save whatever their festive plans. All students need to do is turn up at a staffed ticket office with their valid ID, purchase their half-price ticket, and jump on board.

And the savings will roll right into January too, as customers who buy off-peak open return tickets will have up to one month to use the return portion for their journey back to colleague or university – up to Sunday, 23 January 2022 for tickets purchased on Christmas Eve!

Full details on the offer can be found here.

Last edited:

Fawkes Cat

Established Member
The following has popped up on my MBNA credit card:

Earn 5% Cashback on your next booking with London North Eastern Railway (LNER). Maximum reward £30.00 Cashback. Offer expires 22/01/2022 and is valid one time only. Offer is only valid in the UK. Offer is only valid for journeys booked directly through LNER online at www.lner.co.uk. Book with confidence that extra measures are in place to ensure your safety. This includes more extensive cleaning in stations and on board, as well as mandatory seat reservations to track capacity and uphold social distancing.

Does anyone know - or would care to speculate - if this is for anything booked through LNER, or for LNER journeys only? The wording is (to me at least) ambiguous.

Cletus

Established Member
I have Lloyds current account that offers cashback deals. I used a recent LNER one, booking a ticket that was for Southeastern travel only and the cashback was applied.

Kite159

Veteran Member
I also have that LNER cashback offer via my Lloyds account, which I've just used on tickets for a London trip tomorrow (more a case of not having plans to be buying anymore LNER advances for the time being, due to the uncertainly over the C word)

mikeg

Established Member
Shame I often get it through my amex, RBS account or both but don't have it this time. Here's hoping it makes an appearance for me soon.

syorksdeano

Does anyone know of any TOC's that tend to do January sales? GWR is one I have in mind.
Northern sometimes do and I'm sure LNER or whoever else has had them on the past have done offers.

But with everything going on at the moment it's pot luck again next year

BluePenguin

On Moderation
Does anyone know of any TOC's that tend to do January sales? GWR is one I have in mind.
Not at the moment, it’s peak. Keep an eye on your email inbox though as I am sure you will start to receive various New Year promotional offers soon

island

Veteran Member
The following has popped up on my MBNA credit card:

Does anyone know - or would care to speculate - if this is for anything booked through LNER, or for LNER journeys only? The wording is (to me at least) ambiguous.
They only see merchant name and amount, so you’ll get it regardless of the journey.

mikeg

Established Member
So now the LNER 5% offer has appeared on my RBS rewards account but only if I spend £70 or more. Bang goes the idea of using it for my daily commute then.