• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special Offers Discussion

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LondonJohn

I meant to say that I was given a handful of the C2C Golden tickets. I have given them to colleagues at work who can take their kids to Southend for the day in January and I have one for myself. Have 2 spare first 2 to DM me and they are yours (1 each of course).

bengolding

Is anybody aware of any current or pending EMT discounts or offers at all? They seem to be rather hit and miss.

Just received an email advertising an East Coast Trains seat sale!!

Beginning tomorrow (3/1/14) for seven days, sale tickets start at £5 for standard class and £20 for first class, valid for travel between 17/1/14 and 28/3/14 excluding 14-23 February.

Booking via the East Coast website only.

ModernRailways

Established Member
East Coast email

7-day sale starts tomorrow

Nothing beats being first in the queue for a sale. That's why we're letting Rewards members like you know that our January sale is coming... and it’s going to be massive! From tomorrow, we’re giving you the chance to book tickets for East Coast travel from as little as £5 each way in Standard and £20 each way in First Class, depending on your journey…

Just book by 9 January for travel between 17 January and 28 March 2014, excluding 14-23 February (subject to availability) and make sure you don’t miss the biggest sale on rails.

You'll earn Rewards Points as usual when you book, but can only bag sale tickets using your registered email address via the special sale email you'll receive tomorrow. Don't miss it!

Terms and Conditions

For travel on East Coast trains only, from 17/01/14 to 28/03/14, excluding 14-23 February (inclusive). Book by 23:59 on 9 January only at eastcoast.co.uk/january. At least 200,000 Standard and 120,000 First Class fares will be made available and are subject to availability. No availability to or from stations in Scotland north of Edinburgh. Availability may be limited on Fridays and Sundays and for peak services. No other offers or discounts can be applied, including Railcards or child discounts. Travel on booked train only. No changes, no refunds and no break of journey permitted.

Last edited:

Red Dragon

Just received an email advertising an East Coast Trains seat sale!!

Beginning tomorrow (3/1/14) for seven days, sale tickets start at £5 for standard class and £20 for first class, valid for travel between 17/1/14 and 28/3/14 excluding 14-23 February.

Booking via the East Coast website only.

Unfortunately the Email from East Coast states it's only available to Rewards members - and more particularly only via an email which rewards members will receive tomorrow.

There's also a £59 rtn to Paris or Brussels on the Eurostar web site today which I've posted in the International section.

Last edited:

johnnycache

I took my email to mean that Rewards members would get advance notice (ie today for tomorrow) but not that the sale was restricted to Rewards members

here is the wording-

Nothing beats being first in the queue for a sale. That's why we're letting Rewards members like you know that our January sale is coming... and it’s going to be massive! From tomorrow, we’re giving you the chance to book tickets for East Coast travel from as little as £5 each way in Standard and £20 each way in First Class, depending on your journey…

Just book by 9 January for travel between 17 January and 28 March 2014, excluding 14-23 February (subject to availability) and make sure you don’t miss the biggest sale on rails.

You'll earn Rewards Points as usual when you book, but can only bag sale tickets using your registered email address via the special sale email you'll receive tomorrow. Don't miss it!

Terms and Conditions

For travel on East Coast trains only, from 17/01/14 to 28/03/14, excluding 14-23 February (inclusive). Book by 23:59 on 9 January only at eastcoast.co.uk/january. At least 200,000 Standard and 120,000 First Class fares will be made available and are subject to availability. No availability to or from stations in Scotland north of Edinburgh. Availability may be limited on Fridays and Sundays and for peak services. No other offers or discounts can be applied, including Railcards or child discounts. Travel on booked train only. No changes, no refunds and no break of journey permitted.

East Coast Main Line Company Limited
Registered in England. Registered Office: 4th Floor, 5 Chancery Lane, London, EC41 1BL
Registered Number: 04659708

ModernRailways

Established Member
Unfortunately the Email from East Coast states it's only available to Rewards members - and more particularly only via an email which rewards members will receive tomorrow.

They are telling Reward Members in advance so that they can be 'first in the queue', but you can still book even if you don't have an account.

Red Dragon

I took my email to mean that Rewards members would get advance notice (ie today for tomorrow) but not that the sale was restricted to Rewards members

Sorry - you're right. It does say exactly that.

By the way it's now gone live on East Coast.

Last edited:

CaptainHaddock

Established Member

An excellent offer - currently plenty of availability outside of weekday peak times in both directions.

Particularly annoying for me as I booked several £8 single tickets in conjunction with the Yorkshire Post offer last month, but well done to East Coast for doing an offer that's actually available when people want to travel! EMT take note.....

ModernRailways

Established Member
As CaptainHaddock says this is a great offer! Almost every train had some of the £10 or £25 tickets when I looked! Well Done East Coast!

cymro inside

starts in a couple of days anyone with a monthly or longer season ticket between any two atw stations can buy a ticket to any atw destination for ten pounds , as many journeys as you like within the validity of the season,no time restriction and valid for eight days to return , offer on for three months.monthly Wrexham Gen to Central anyone?

alex17595

starts in a couple of days anyone with a monthly or longer season ticket between any two atw stations can buy a ticket to any atw destination for ten pounds , as many journeys as you like within the validity of the season,no time restriction and valid for eight days to return , offer on for three months.monthly Wrexham Gen to Central anyone?

£16.60 for a month!

Might be worth a bash in Wales I think.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
It's a shame that the East Coast offer doesn't allow child discounts. A lot of people do this with their offers, do they not think that there are a lot of children out there who do travel on their own to places? :roll:

ModernRailways

Established Member
It's a shame that the East Coast offer doesn't allow child discounts. A lot of people do this with their offers, do they not think that there are a lot of children out there who do travel on their own to places? :roll:

The tickets are still priced at less than child tickets so you can't really complain. £20 for Newcastle to London return is really good going, even for a child. When I have a railcard (should probably renew it) I've noticed the fares tend to only be £5 more than a childs would be. These tickets are ridiculously cheap, if they were any lower for kids then it wouldn't be a logical decision.

I bet once the franchise changes over we won't see any of these kind of deals! :(

Goatboy

Established Member

I suspect they don't really care, given that i doubt it's a particular large revenue source anyway and the fares are good value irrespective of this.

You could ask why they even offer child discounts at all. Does a 15 year old travelling on his own occupy less seats or space than a 16 year old? No, he does not, so thinking about it why let them travel for half price..