• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thameslink/ Class 700 Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Today's snapshot

16:35 Brighton to Bedford due 18:53

This train has been delayed at St Pancras International by 13 minutes, has been further delayed at St Albans City and is now 22 minutes late.
This is due to a fault on this train.

17:20 Bedford to Three Bridges due 19:33

This train has been delayed at Elstree & Borehamwood.
This train will be terminated at Kentish Town.
This train will call additionally at Kentish Town.
This train will no longer call at St Pancras International, Farringdon, City Thameslink, London Blackfriars, East Croydon, Redhill, Gatwick Airport and Three Bridges.

18:35 Brighton to Bedford due 21:05

This train will be cancelled.
This is due to a shortage of train drivers.

(Southbound 15:50 from Bedford seemed to be fine but terminated at Three Bridges due to traincrew issues)

18:24 Bedford to Three Bridges due 20:30

18:42 London Bridge to Brighton

15 minute late departure from London Bridge (although this looks to be the result of congestion on the northbound journey)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
Are there any diagrams for this Sunday at all please? I'm taking a rare trip on the Thameslink line and wouldn't mind slightly adjusting my timings to get a chance to travel on the 700s.

I believe Class 377/5 has posted that there is no weekend work planned for August.

Exception is tomorrow (Saturday) where there is a booked unit in connection with Brighton Pride.

So tomorrow's your best chance

ooo

Today I travelled on 700110 from Flitwick to Brighton and made a few observations:
The doors open very very fast.
The open space seemed to encourage some children to go up and down the train quite a lot.
For most the journey there were queues at the toilets.
Unfortunately the PIS was out the whole journey.

Also, there was even a new train smell which is nice and unusual.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Class377/5

Established Member
I believe Class 377/5 has posted that there is no weekend work planned for August.

Exception is tomorrow (Saturday) where there is a booked unit in connection with Brighton Pride.

So tomorrow's your best chance

Yes. Tomorrow is a special strengthening. Should mean 3x 12 cars (1x 700 and others being Electrostars) out tomorrow I believe. Currently looking like either 107 or 113.

But again with Pride they are expected to be much busier than normal.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Yes. Tomorrow is a special strengthening. Should mean 3x 12 cars (1x 700 and others being Electrostars) out tomorrow I believe. Currently looking like either 107 or 113.

But again with Pride they are expected to be much busier than normal.

I've just seen 2 X 12 car 387s at St Albans, on successive fast trains to London. I missed the first one and am sat on the second. There's people standing on it...

And the 700 just went past at West Hampstead. It feels like a Saturday 12 car railway!

Edit: it was a broken down train, southbound at Loghborough Jn. Now cleared.

Last edited:

ooo

Personally I find that the seats are of a reasonable comfort although I did have a seat cushion that was loose and came off.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Had my first go on one yesturday on the horridly late 9:11 3 bridges Luton, allready badly held up before ECR and terminated Blackfryers due to train fault. Id like to try a fast run north of the core for the speed/accelleration but Im generally unimpressed for the same reasons others are, mainly seat cumfort and lack of plugs and tables. That aside it had a nice new train smell and like them or not theyl do a good job of moving large numbers of foalk quickly which is after all why they were built!

leomartin125

Can't remember if this has been posted but the working for this Saturday. Please note this is a one off and no further weekend workings this month. Worth noting trains south of London to Brighton are expected to be very busy.

501 SO 06/08

5Y03 04+52 Jowett Sidings to Bedford
1W03 05.20 Bedford to Brighton
1W14 08.05 Brighton to Bedford
2W31 10.54 Bedford to Brighton
2W44 13.55 Brighton to Bedford
1W51 17.10 Bedford to Brighton
1W62 20.05 Brighton to Bedford
5Y62 22+45 Bedford to Jowett

Also first day in service for the 700s so far

700108 - 20/06/16
700109 - 21/06/16
700107 - 04/07/16
700114 - 04/07/16
700104 - 12/07/16
700112 - 20/07/16
700113 - 25/07/16
700102 - 29/07/16
700110 - 02/08/16

2W44 was cancelled due to "a problem with the brakes" as RTT put it. Does this mean 1W51 will also be cancelled or won't be a 700 anymore?

JonathanH

Veteran Member
2W44 was cancelled due to "a problem with the brakes" as RTT put it. Does this mean 1W51 will also be cancelled or won't be a 700 anymore?

Looks like 1W51 is cancelled (but as there is no notification for 1W62 (short form or cancellation) presumably the diagram will resume using the 700)

17:10 Bedford to Brighton due 19:39

This is due to a broken down train earlier today.

Last edited:

jaig

Any websites to track Class 700 trains?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

leomartin125

Looks like 1W51 is cancelled (but as there is no notification for 1W62 (short form or cancellation) presumably the diagram will resume using the 700)

In my honest opinion of using Thameslink today, what a complete mess and a shambles. Thoroughly disappointed with the lack of seats given Brighton Pride was occurring and also disappointed that I couldn't experience a Class 700, though probably for the better given what I've been hearing. I cannot understand why they would only have one set out, especially given what was occurring on their line. Overall, they have gone into my TOC bad books for sure.

Nope, no website. It's all posted here in the diagrams, no other way we can know where those 700's are (and aren't!).

Last edited:

jaig

In my honest opinion of using Thaneslink today, what a complete mess and a shambles. Thoroughly disappointed with the lack of seats given Brighton Pride was occurring and also disappointed that I couldn't experience a Class 700, though probably for the better given what I've been hearing. I cannot understand why they would only have one set out, especially given what was occurring on their line. Overall, they have gone into my TOC bad books for sure.

Nope, no website. It's all posted here in the diagrams, no other way we can know where those 700's are (and aren't!).
I think your the person I just saw at East Croydon!! I'm very disappointed too, but I will try again during the week to go from West Hampstead to East Croydon. Thanks for verifying if there were any websites or not. [emoji106] [emoji106]

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
In my honest opinion of using Thaneslink today, what a complete mess and a shambles. Thoroughly disappointed with the lack of seats given Brighton Pride was occurring and also disappointed that I couldn't experience a Class 700, though probably for the better given what I've been hearing. I cannot understand why they would only have one set out, especially given what was occurring on their line. Overall, they have gone into my TOC bad books for sure.

There were at least 2-3 12cars out but trains can and do break down.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
BTW is today the first Saturday to see a 700 in public service?

AM9

Veteran Member
I think your the person I just saw at East Croydon!! I'm very disappointed too, but I will try again during the week to go from West Hampstead to East Croydon. Thanks for verifying if there were any websites or not. [emoji106] [emoji106]

Well, if the '700s aren't late or prevented from running by lack of drivers, track/signal failures, other rolling stock failures and possibly the odd fault on themselves, they will be departing from West Hampstead Thameslink for East Croydon at:

11:02, 12:32, 14:32, 19:15 & 22:33

Fairly soon, the driver issues and the early failures on the trains themselves will reduce to near zero, but don't hold your breath on the other causes.

Class377/5

Established Member
Any websites to track Class 700 trains?

Nope. There no link from the railway system to the outside Internet. Plus when discretion happens and units go off diagram they don't always get changed until after they've done the altered workings.

You can only expect booked working, asking for detail workings during disprution is impossible. The focus is on getting trains moving not getting certain stock in certain places (not aimed at the above poster btw folks).

Via Bank

700110 was still parked in the sidings when I left Brighton at 2030 today. The diagram was cancelled after it broke down, although there are conflicting reports about why later runs were also cancelled - presumably no available 700 driver, or no spare unit (or combination thereof)?

The situation at Brighton was a bit of a shambles anyway - disorganised queues, no announcements except through loudhalers, zero information on the screens. Passengers were getting quite antsy (and understandably so.) And looking at Twitter it's got worse as most of the Pride crowds have started to head home. Another superbly professionally organised operation from Govia Thameslink Railway...

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
I can confirm it's the first ever passenger service on a weekend.

Thank you, I knew I could rely on you :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
What station? Btw class 700 at St Pancras international looks stunning because the train suits the VERY modern station

You'll have to wait and see (if it gets accepted that is)

Status
Not open for further replies.